So....we are deserters now?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Is looking through your hidden journal tab something you do with regularity? why?
  2. OnlyNomad The One Above All

For various reasons.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

When the StU Superman content was up I got put into the Phantom Zone while they were on the 2nd or 3rd boss. I reported it, it happened to a couple other people but I think it was just a one-time glitch.
  4. OnlyNomad The One Above All

It still does happen, not frequently from what I've personally experience but enough that I've noticed it. I've gotten thrown into a Family Reunion where the group was on the Batman/Catwoman fight, a FOS2 where they were on the Bizarro/PowerGirl fight, a Crown of Thorns and Phantom Zone on the last boss, etc. It's really annoying, especially when you get dumped in there and they needed a different role.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

:eek: I guess I've just been lucky then.
  6. OnlyNomad The One Above All

It's still kind of random though. I had Inner pop last week and someone left before the first boss, we then had like 5-6 people join and leave to fill that spot until someone decided to stay. Really bizarre.
  7. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

On that....touche.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If it that was all before defeating the first boss that's normal and how it's supposed to work.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

well stop it bro. ;)
    • Like x 2
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

this entire thread has basically been "I'm poking myself in the eye and it hurts"...

Well... I have news for you...
  11. Proxystar #Perception

yep, let me poke you in the eye instead :p
    • Like x 1
  12. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

pass. I PUG, constantly, already have enough "outside origination masochistic activity" on my plate, thanks.
    • Like x 2
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

Fine, ill leave this one alone lol.
    [IMG]
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Haha, sorry that wasn't really a personal offer/request, was just more a general statement :) but good to know
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think everyone was pretty much fine with the1 min. It was odd it was not in the release notes though, only the fact a deserter would now display (it didn't display on the new menu before...as you know).

Can we get a penalty for people who go into the instance and either stand there, DO NOT do their job or screw up mechanics even after it's been clearly communicated from someone else in the group....because those people also aren't doing it right.
    • Like x 2
  16. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Legitimate answer....Because almost any raid in the game should take 30 min or less....we know many do not. Happiness Home is a one room fight with not a TON of adds and I've queued in where groups are at >120 min. Why, because there are mechanics. Even if a few people listen to instructions, they might still not be ABLE to get it done. Any alert in the game...even the longest ones...should take 15-20 min...we know they do not sometimes. If I have 30 min I'll queue omni and try to get a raid in. If Necro pops, I'll do it. If ToTD pops I won't. Expand that over many many runs and it's a yes/no list for what I'll do if limited on time. If i'm in a group where I know I've got 4 or 5 capable people queuing in with me, I'd do almost any Omni raid except ToTD as one of those 3 people can make it so the Essense can't be killed.

When it works, it's quick marks and a spiffy rewards box. When it doesn't....well it doesn't.

Again, I like how the 'defenders' of the system seem more interested in people NOT running it than looking at why people don't want to run it. Wouldn't it be cool if a system they put in less than 2 months ago wasn't already being looked at as not needed?
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If it were 100% true, why the need to add the deserter penalty? The people cherry picking should be a small percentage. I'm not saying there aren't numbers there, but are they counting queue ups? if so I queued in about 50 solos yesterday. Finished 3, but 50 popped and were denied...that's true.

I wonder if we can find out how many reg raids that end in a disband were omni vs custom+ a full group. Or raids that run past 60 min....
    • Like x 1
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I call these 'awesome' runs. The best loot comes from the last boss, the tick on the journal comes from last boss, the count for the feat comes from last boss.

I loves me some last boss queue ins. If i'm antsy for another run, I'll queue in on the event level and blow through it for the missed grains.
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Where I think we're at cross purposes though is a different view on the intent of the system or possibly when/where its best being utilized.

We have to start with the premise that the omnibus is not compulsory; whether we like it or not there's nothing making you run it, because;

1. You don't actually need to complete the journal entries for the small number of extra source marks, and;
    2. You have the custom menu that allows you to queue, quite literally, whatever you want and only what you want.
    With that being the case, it should be accepted that the omnibus is entirely random and with that random comes any and all instances and any and all possibilities with regard to timing and player ability.

There's no preset hard rule that a raid should only take 30 minutes or for that matter however many minutes. It quite literally takes however many minutes it takes for that group to complete it, if even at all depending on how bad they might be.

But that's the nature of the omnibus and the odds of difficult or long runs can be reduced by either preparing yourself to carry a group to the best of your ability by being capable of playing support and also taking other like minded individuals with you in your group, if omnibus is in fact what you really want to run.

You can't however be upset when the randomness that comes with the omnibus decides to take a dump on your face, it's just as capable of giving you an amazing 5 minute run you'll almost certainly not be complaining about.

If you are restricted by either time, skill or not wanting to mess with random then that custom tab is right there where it's always been, where you can pick content you know is going to easier no matter what and just go from there.

There really does seem to be this highly disproportionate sense that you're stuck running omnibus no matter what, you're really not and by not doing so you're only losing an ultimately ridiculously insignificant sum of source marks, or at worst as well taking a few 1 minute time outs ;)
    • Like x 1