So....we are deserters now?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Entrust Committed Player

I'm glad to see that internal metrics are showing that the omnibus is being used by a lot of players!

Personal use info: Duos & Alerts = "Enter" every time, regardless of instance. Raids = Will "Cancel" complex ones that come up. I may like A&B, but not with 7 random players (who may bot be in chat, speak another language, fail to follow mechanics, etc.) There are plenty of raids that I'll "Enter", but the very technical... NO. LOL

FYI: I don't mind the penalty. 1 minute seems to be working as intended.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

My legitimate question here is, if you're restricted for time, why are you running the omnibus period when it's not compulsory?
  3. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

I don't think it works at all. I have mine turned on and I'm constantly dropped into raids in progress.
  4. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

:/
  5. OnlyNomad The One Above All

[IMG]

[IMG]
  6. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Only reason I touch Omnibus is to get rid of the missions in my Journal. Give me an option to delete missions in the Journal an I'll shut the hell up. Hiding it isn't good enough, my ocd won't allow it.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

What if I told you...when you delete things in video games, you're almost always. just. hiding. it?
    • Like x 11
  8. Caroline Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Wellthen.

- off to make a bug report on a completely different issue.
    • Like x 1
  10. OnlyNomad The One Above All

[IMG]

Seriously though, the tab with the hidden missions is still there and that's my pet peeve. Most MMO I've played let's you straight up delete and not see those missions at all.
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Considering they've got the actual data and can track that kind of activity, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the comment. Just saying. ;)
    • Like x 2
  12. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

13. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

Lets go through this one by one shall we?
    Maybe more people use omnibus to queue for content because you're forcing it on people to queue for content that they're relevant for because the new player might be ignorant of what is the quicky instances that are easy and simple so they can get gear.

If its only a small percentage of people doing the canceling thing then why even introduce a deserter time in the first place if its a small percentage of people. Something tells me its far bigger than you are letting on.

You give a weekly mission for 35 source marks that require us to use the omnibus system to get those 35 marks and you know as well as I do that their are a lot of people that don't wanna miss out on source marks because of the stuff that we have to buy with them like catalysts for both artifacts and now allies.

Now perhaps a better solution would be allow us to use the custom que if the player knows what are quicky instances so we can get our source marks. Because I can tell you this I'd much rather run Mannhiem Chinese theater 3 times instead of running something like legends character solos because its so much faster. And same thing with FoS3, I'd much rather run that instead of something like Shattered Gotham or Unholy Matrimony with a healer/tank that couldn't find pull button if you gave them both hands and a map. Sure we can farm FoS 3, but I and MANY MANY others hate mindlessly farming content. We tell you that we don't like high kill count stuff, and you get rid of those weekly missions and double down on that with the incessant bounty farming that should be used in gitmo as a form of torture (yes that an exaggeration,duh), then you get rid of that and replace it with running 250 raids, alerts and solos. All of this raises the question amongst your community if our feedback means anything. I mean you have a whole section of the forums dedicated to feedback and most of that feedback feels like its falling on deaf ears.
    • Like x 2
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Well then that's a you issue, what if I told you to get over your OCD, that's what the hidden tab is for ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I understood that Omnibus was optional and didn't argue that fact. My gripe was with the penalty being more detrimental to Omnibus than anything, people will pre-form groups to avoid the penalty and therefore negate the intended purpose of Omnibus.
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

LOL, exactly.
  17. OnlyNomad The One Above All

It's was a suggestion. If you have a problem with people suggesting things, that's a you problem.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Gonna let you in on a little secret here, you can still use the custom tab to queue content and get endless source marks.

The only extra marks in omnibus at present are the journal entries, you're literally doing omnibus for an extra 20 or so source marks a week.... If you don't like omnibus then here's an idea.... stop doing it. lol ;)
  19. Proxystar #Perception

LOL, nice try mate... No the tools are already there to provide you with the ability to put the journal entries, out of sight, out of mind. It is quite literally not the developers fault you still get mentally triggered over what's in a tab you quite literally don't have to ever look in

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. OnlyNomad The One Above All

They're not out of sight and out of mind though. ;)