So....we are deserters now?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Oct 12, 2021.

1. OnlyNomad The One Above All

100% if I wasn't force to run these, I would not run these instances for "fun". If my mission count or if my feat is done, I am not touching them.
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

or just run the content; unless you end up in Darkseid's War Factory or Throne, you (I assume) should pretty much be able to carry a PUG raid with a little pointing and some judicious application of elbow grease.
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

He chose to queue Omnibus, which is random. Hitting shuffle on a music library is the same thing, and you can't skip a jukebox.

Seems pretty 1:1 ratio to me. Hell, the only part that IS different is the fact that Deserter is only 60 seconds of your life - you pick the wrong thing at a jukebox and you could be stuck in a Celine Dion song for the next six minutes.

You let me know if I missed any moving parts in the situation NOT related to the fact that he's complaining about the result he's getting for opting in to a randomized process in the first place.

Also seems like something he could cure by just not running Omni - those whole 30 source marks and the "box that might contain an old collection item you probably already have" be damned.

But complaining about a random result when you're actively selecting it yourself?

"I told the bartender to give me literally anything and then I cried when he did that exact thing".

You ain't gotta drink it, but you DO gotta wait for another drink.
  4. L T Devoted Player

Star Labs is tedious. So are Arkham and Strykers. Most of the other alerts are doable in a reasonable amount of time.

Most Raids really aren't bad. The only laugh-as-I-hit-cancel raids I can think of are BBS and Clocktower.
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Up till Aug 25th, yes, I could have carried almost any terrible (very terrible) group through any raid where there were not multiple buttons to press at the same time. No elbow grease in the world will make a guy stand on the circles in BBS, or press the cogs at the right time in the 2nd boss room. I can't solo HoH when someone keeps spawning Nyophytes by attacking the forge spirit, and one stun kills me. I can't turn the adds to stone in Lab when some dopey tank keeps pulling them to the center of the poison room, or a few DPS keep killing them. There is no getting past the cogs in Khandaq if you don't have 2 other people who can count to 3 or at least use their eyes and 4 or 5 brain cells to see when the cogs are started. I'd honestly say DWF would be easier to handle than one of these as at least in DWF I can pass the beam to the dopey people and have them downed....and not res them. This isn't even counting things that are just too dang long like FOS1/2

And 'carrying' the group takes 10x as long now, so even if it's doable, why do it? 10 marks? Nah, I'll pass on that run, take the 1 min penalty or form a group and avoid it completely.
  6. OnlyNomad The One Above All

The Jukebox analogy is just bad, a Jukebox isn't random and people get to pick which song they want, do you get to pick which instance you go into with Omnibus? A better analogy would've been saying that Omnibus is like hitting shuffle on Spotify or Apple Music, but even then you don't get penalize for skipping the song if you don't like it, it's not 100% the same but it's closer.

My quarrel here was with the bad analogy.
  7. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I think besides the deserter penalty you should also lag to the point the game makes you rage ;)
  8. OnlyNomad The One Above All

That's already a thing for a lot of people, lol.
  9. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Yes but this time it's intentional lol
    • Like x 1
  10. OnlyNomad The One Above All

It wasn't already???

[IMG]

Joking, lol.
    • Like x 1
  11. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Lol then 1 minute penalty is being nice
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You actually CAN skip on most Jukeboxes, (as well as skipping a bad song in a shuffle music player).

And I wasn't actually complaining about the 60 second penalty other than it was surprising, I've said several times I'll take it or form a group to avoid it. I pointed out it seems it would have an adverse effect on most Omni queues (as evidenced in LFG this last week). I never even said it should be removed, but was wondering if it was an unintended side effect as it was NOT listed as a change in the update cause... you know....that happens from time to time in this game with updates.

As long as you are now switching analogies, how about it's ,more like asking the bartender "I don't know what I want....what do you suggest"...you turn down Pina Colada because you don't like Coconut, you turn down beer because it makes you burp, but hey, that long island sounds pretty good... "yeah, make me one of those". Now, I guess if he's headed back and forth across the bar between each suggestion...so I need to wait a min before the next suggestion....that's still better than Pina Colada (yuck....coconuts)...I'll take the pause and a second suggestion please. If I actually had him make the drinks and then shot them down (i.e. entered and LEFT the run), you'd be on point....as I'm not entering the run, it's not really the same.

And yes....the 'don't run Omni' option does seem to work well....just not for the people who actually want (or need) Omni queues to pop...you know all 7 of those people that Omni was created for who couldn't build a group pre-update?
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Fun fact: most people use omnibus to queue for content now.

Not as fun fact: a small percentage of people do the queue cancelling thing, and it just slows down everyone else trying to use the feature as intended.

Omnibus is optional. If you don't want to play random content, use the old on duty that is there intact. If you do want to use omnibus, use it correctly.

We have discussed sending you immediately into the instance, more rewards, harsher penalties, etc. We went with extending the deserter penalty to leaving the queue instead of just when you are in an instance. It is just one minute. It's a clear sign that you're doing it wrong and annoying everybody else.
    • Like x 12
  14. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

On a serious note. We shouldn't be penalized for leaving an instance if they are already at the last boss. I don't want 1 reward. I intended of going through the instance from the beginning to earn all possible rewards.
    • Like x 2
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

??? Are you sure about that??

I pretty much stopped using the Omnibus because I could wait as much as 45 min somtimes for a 4 player mission.... and would log off before anything would pop.

Or the only thing that would pop would be FoS3 which is the mission people would spam for source marks.

Guess I will have to try it again to be sure..... but ..... not too sure about that.
    • Like x 1
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

There's an option in the settings to not enter instances that have already started. That way you'll always be put at the start of an instance.
    • Like x 4
  17. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

What sorcery is this? I been playing all wrong now LMFAO
    • Like x 1
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

When it's working it will always put you with a fresh group or a group that hasn't defeated the first boss yet.
  19. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

When it's working? So it doesn't work all the time??
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you do.

I accept that yes, you can go into the custom tab and literally queue every single thing in there, it'd be a nuisance though.

I do not accept though in any way, shape or form that anyone, ever went in there and legitimately attempted to queue for everything that is simply not something that happened.

People queued what they wanted in custom tab and only what they wanted and then waited, it may not have been a single instance, but it was certainly not, 'everything'.

The difference is omnibus queues literally everything within the category you're wanting to run whether that be duos, alerts, raids, solos. In fact if anything solos are where it loses it's purpose a little bit because picking and choosing solos on a more custom basis might be more desirable, but nevertheless does offer an option to just quickly queue, whatever if you simply don't care.

You act as well like the omnibus queue by itself was the reason you don't have a "DLC", that's not true either, you're being disingenuous all around here. I mean don't get me wrong, I like you dude, but the opposition to the omnibus is absurd.

The omnibus has a perfectly good function, it's probably not as perfect but it does do do it's job. I would actually like to see it better rewarded and the time penalties for desertion actually increased.

If you don't want the rewards then don't run it and the custom tab is still there for you, that isn't regression at all, that's improvement through the implementation of additional options. The only ones upset are those triggered they want the rewards but don't want to play by the rules. ;)