So....we are deserters now?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Oct 12, 2021.

1. OnlyNomad The One Above All

That's funny but he's actually right. Although the deserter penalty serves as a deterrent, it will only incite people to form groups before queuing into Omnibus, therefore defeating its purpose. The moment you start to force stuff on people, they'll always find creative ways to circumvent those obstacles. I think Omnibus was just fine the way it was.
  2. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

There needs to be an option to disable certain content when queuing blindly for omnibus. Some stuff I don’t wanna run so why should I be forced to not have an option to not have (ex. Fgsr) because it long and boring and 99.999% endless ads. This penalty adds salt to the wound as it forces me back to the old on-duty and makes the omnibus useless. Bleh.
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

I want it reverted back to 15 minutes, no more of this fishing for the raid you want or bailing at the first sign of trouble. You waste our time, the game should waste yours in turn for doing so.
    • Like x 1
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

And this is why games have a queueing penalty for rejecting the queue, to prevent players from gaming the system to fish for a very specific run, in a random queue. Yes i certainly want 10-15 minute timer [back] queue penalty added to make you reconsider wasting our time, before your own time gets wasted.
    • Like x 1
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

Cool, add a 5 mark bonus for queuing up solo for Omnibus, and give it a internal cool-down. Like 20 minutes.
  6. OnlyNomad The One Above All

My main issue with Omnibus is that the rewards aren't really representative of the amount of time the content takes. For example, I can queue for Omnibus and get FOS3 (5 minutes run) or get something like Inner Sanctum (20-40 minutes usually). I know they'll be reevaluating the rewards but my god some of the content is such a slug right now. Family Reunion, Crown of Thorns, FOS2, Inner Sanctum are some of the worse instances to pop in Omnibus I have been in, especially when your group is subpar which seems to be the case like 98% of the time.
    • Like x 4
  7. OnlyNomad The One Above All

You're not going to entice veterans into running bad and slow old content with mediocre players with a few Source Marks. I believe the idea of Omnibus was to entice the more well-versed side of the player base into the dying old content, you got to throw them a bone and a few Source Marks just ain't going to do it.

For me personally, I have very limited time. I'm not going to waste my time into the longer, slower and more tedious instances, in most cases teaching new players the basics (because the game fails to do so). I have alts and this update as definitely made it difficult for us to work on them more efficiently, taking the penalty in order to save time to play my alts is a small price to pay but realistically, this situation is hurting those who truly need Omnibus the most.
    • Like x 1
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

This is more of a detriment to anyone using omnibus vs a punishment for not taking what you get. My list of raids I'm not willing to blind que is constantly growing. They aren't raids I hate, they're just raids that aren't going to go well. Card game in DM is literal childs play. Like a kindergartener can solve it. Yet it's where I start the vote to disband almost everytime. (Don't forget about that option folks, always vote to disband if it's looking grim). But yeah, back to the topic. I run 4 toons. The 2 farmers run 1 omnibus raid week to get the source bonus. I am selective. Want to know why a 15min or even more timer won't work? Cuz it's the last thing I do every time. Que pops, it's not worth going in: log off and try again tomorrow/ switch toons to start dailies. 1min penalty, fine I'll stay on and try again but nothing is going to stop me from being selective. I do not have enough time to waste any of it. If I do, then I'll take what pops. That's a rarity. You can't expect people to keep playing a game that punishes them for not having hours a day to dedicate to it.

As to the actual point of the thread, I was also thinking it seemed strange. I'm already not wanting to run this stuff and now I have to deal with penalties for not wanting to spend 2 hours explaining that all cogs must be turned at once when I'm starving and really just want to go have dinner??

Edit: you also really need to realize that if inner sanctum pops, we're really sick of it. So what could entice us to go in? Literally nothing short of 100 source marks. Like a free legendary ally offering would have me thinking about going in but even then, probably not. There are so many raids like that for 10yr vets. I will never run spindrift again. I will never run thorns, mom, dm, and quite a few others. Unless built group. Just how it is. If it wasn't for the bonus box, and sometimes having extra time, I still wouldn't do anything old. Making more of a penalty just means I would never use omnibus again
    • Like x 3
  9. Plowed In Loyal Player

I get your point, but there’s a balance between a wrist slap and drawing blood. You never want to get to the point where someone says, “well, I’ll logout then.” Someone not logged is a guaranteed zero for potential spending.

Also keep in mind the time it takes to log out and log back in, as that would reset the deserter penalty. A minute or two seems fair, if you want to keep being selective then keep getting to the back of the line.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ok, you say 'back', but that never existed. If you didn't walk into a run, you did not 'desert' it. If I don't walk into a store I don't 'leave' it...even if I planned on going in just moments before deciding not to. If I don't watch a movie on Neflix I didn't 'quit' watching the movie...I never started it. If i pick up and don't play a song on my Zune...I didn't 'stop' playing the song....I just never started it. BTW...if you let the 60 second timer spin out, no 'deserter' is given (yet), so enjoy staring at that additional 60 seconds as people let the timer spin down vs hitting square to cancel...then you can maybe get another random to join. Now...how does this keep YOUR time being wasted?...oh wait, it doesn't...it just added multiples of 60 seconds to it vs the previous ability to have a new person pop in a few seconds after someone else denied the run because that one guy is holding the spot open.

And as I said, if they up it to 15 min, people will just form a group first and they will likely be asking for CR/SP/Artis because they want to get through it quickly. So you will be back on your own, trying to random queue with no-one else. UPDATE SUCCESS!!....right? Enjoy your even longer queue times now....you 'win'? Sure....that's the ticket. I'm sure you will advocate for a penalty on FULL GROUPS bailing out of something they don't want to run too, right?

And I love how you are advocating a 20 min Omni cooldown for....solos? So I can't even make up my mind on what I want to run BY MYSELF? Who am I deserting on if I cancel an Omni solo? My concience...Jeebus...my inner child...Quatto? Wow...what a great system indeed.

Oh, and how about ninja invites? If I'm invited to a crap instance and deny it....should I be deserter for 15 min? If so, I can see a whole new level of abuse coming. Better also put in for a 10K ignore list cap too....1K won't do it.
    • Like x 4
  11. Plowed In Loyal Player

I’ve got enough source marks, some of us like playing the game :)

I like the chance to see new faces/new players…maybe extend a league invite.

It’s a great benefit (Omnibus) to new players to get into older content (headlines/feats/investigations/briefings/collections/old styles), but totally understand if you’re limited in time.
  12. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I like playing the game too, I just don't like everything in the game. Some content is just not good at all, some of it is actually good but it's just tediously long. I didn't have any issue with having no penalty for deserting before joining an Omnibus instance. I agree with a penalty for those who leave while inside the instance but it's completely ridiculous to penalize us for not entering an instance.

I'm really curious to see if new players are actually getting feats from running Omnibus. Most runs I've had, people don't communicate and leave as soon as it ends. I find it hard to believe these new players are using Omnibus for feats and such while 99% of them don't even know what white mods are.
  13. L T Devoted Player

There's really only a handful of instances that are super long or can't easily be completed by a typical pug group.

That having been said, there's definitely one of two "oh hell no" instances that I cancel when they pop.
  14. Plowed In Loyal Player

Is it Star Labs?
    • Like x 1
  15. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I ran STU (Family Reunion) this weekend and when I was done, I decided to run a Omnibus Alert for my weekly. Family Reunion popped, I was like "Oh alright, here we go again" and ran it with a terrible pug group. The burn was ridiculously slow and it made the already long Alert feel like a damn Sunday morning chore. I wanted to run another Omnibus Alert but Phantom Zone popped and I just turned my game off.
  16. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Star Labs, Hive Moon Base, Family Reunion, Iceberg, Inner and Crown of Thorns just to name a few Omnibus instances, are all automatic "HELL NO" for me.
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As far as feats go, I've only seen checklists and speed or other 'participation' feats pop. The few times I've cared to ask 'anyone working on a feat' basically just so I don't biff it up for someone the rest of the group was already moving along by the time I typed it. I think the only feat I saw worked on was in a necro run someone actually stood on the buttons to release the Wardens, but 1/2 the group was not in the area so I'm not sure if they got credit.

The first few weeks I did ask more often if someone needed a feat...I'd even have helped if I could assuming it was not a long drawn out one. Seeing as this was supposed to help people get into content they couldn't before, partially to help with some feats...I figured I'd give it the old college try to get in the spirit of things. After those first few weeks I realized it was just more (although slower) facerolling of content, I suppose I just quit caring to ask. I'd still probably not actively try to mess something up if someone asked, but I'm not going to suggest it....most seem not to be concerned for it.

A good example....popped into Black Dawn a week or so ago. There is a count feat for clearing the civilians in the parking lot area before going in to face Tala. I specifically suggested we wait for everyone to arrive as you only get 3 counts per run and it's a 25 count feat I'd say most of the people needed. I arrived first and hovered over the parking lot. The next guy went right to it with the other 6 still en route. He took out 2 of the 3 before most arrived and we were headed to Tala by the time the last guy got there...he didn't even get a loot, much less the counts. Meh....not my problem I guess, not sure why I would care more than 90% of the people who need the feat do. Won't make that mistake again.
    • Like x 1
  18. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I think most new players don't give a rat's butt about feats, it's not explicitly said in-game why they're important. You don't even need that much SPs to run current content anyway, so outside of maximizing your character and being a completionist, most people probably don't care. I guarantee that if they attached unique styles to feats, you'd see A LOT more people working on them. I don't think I've seen one person since Omnibus' release ask to do feats before starting. Like you said, people just want to steam roll through it, it's just slower.
    • Like x 1
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Or....

SGC(it's just long and you are movement locked for 1/2)
    UT (because of the Minotaur and people NOT going near the chains or in the trap room)
    Fatal Exams (because I just can't stand watching people screw up the easy test mechanics AND they just WON'T stand by the right color on the LB fight)
    BIA (because the tunnel or the Lex call out can glitch 1/2 the time...and it's long and boring like FAM)
    Hive Moon Base (too much cog pushing/carry nonsense...and huge)
    Gorilla Island (again...they really liked their cogs back in T1)
    Oolong (it's a too-long add fest)
    BludHaven (because...well it's BludHaven)
    VMF (Jeebus pugging this is terrible...burn the Turrets people....THE TURRETS)

Raids, pretty much anything with screw-upable mechanics like BBS, ToTD, DM(cards), MoM (LB carries) or loooong add and hall fests like Crown of Thorns. I'm actually a little LESS selective with raids as the reward is mostly worth the slog in a semi-bad run. Alerts...nah, pick another.

Yeah, there are some others, but these are a few of the ones I generally will insta opt out of....deserter or no. Some others, IF, I have a few min and know I can solo through it if things go bad, I'll hesitate and decide....otherwise I'm picking the shortest ones or ones that include a possible rare drop like Breech, DC, ROTB or whatever.

After all as of 41, the game is about getting paid, right? Well more pay+less time= more better, right?
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

See, I'll do Omni Iceberg, Inner or Fam right now if I already looted it for that day because it's a free count towards the count feats. Fam and Inner especially as sometimes you get in at LB or late in the run for a cheap count. After Batman content drops off.....
    • Like x 1