So....we are deserters now?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

.....[IMG]

put a group together and then queue for Omnibus?

[IMG]
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This actually works, at least for duos and alerts....tested last night. If you have a full group (again, tested only with duos and alerts....but the theory should apply to raids as well), and bail on the queue because it's a 'bad' run like SGC, there is no deserter applied.

Of course, this defeats the purpose of getting people to queue into random stuff with noobs, but hey....isn't defeating the purpose of these changes 90% of what people have worked on the last month?
    • Like x 2
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I wouldn't say I'M triggered, but it is annoying. Again, it feels like a punishment for not doing the new system like they want us to....which feels as forced as the clamping was on us. I'll take my punishment, but any system that requires punishment to force it's use, is probably not a good system.

And as of the update I have NO period of the week where I have 'extra' time anymore. The STU content was purposely 'cherry picked' by the devs to be the most time consuming content....resulting in less time for alts...and definitely less time for a 'fun' disastrous 'teaching' run in ToTD or the like. If they can pick and choose the content based solely (like Iceberg lounge had anything to do with Batman....right) on time constraints....so can we.....penalty or no.
    • Like x 2
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yep...double down on how much people already hate the system. Way to dig in for an already bad decision. So, what you'll end up with is people ONLY building groups to run Omni...which again, defeats the purpose of running Omni.

Then you'll be in here complaining (again) that you can't get into content. What will be the next thing you will champion to get into a run you want or need, but are too lazy to build a group for?

(points for using a DiVito clip though.....)
    • Like x 1
  5. Plowed In Loyal Player

When’s the last day you logged in with a free schedule and said “what do I FEEL like doing today?” :p :)
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Aug 24, 2021.
    • Like x 1
  7. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

pretty much. you put the dime in the jukebox, you gotta let the whole song play.
    • Like x 1
  8. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

Don't tell that to bubba....

sorry couldn't resist.
  9. Plowed In Loyal Player

[IMG]
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

See when I put a dime in a Jukebox I also press A5 for 'Radar Love' by Golden Earring. So yeah, I do want to hear it play and will enjoy it every time. If I accidentally pressed D5 and got some song by Yoko-Ono that's the flip side of 'Imagine', I'd probably hit the reject button and lose my dime vs listening to her yowl for 5 min.

Who the hell would pay for a song in a Jukebox set to random?
    • Like x 2
  11. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

if you're queueing omnibus?

You. You did. You put the dime in the jukebox, on random.
    • Like x 2
  12. Plowed In Loyal Player

I think the 1 min deserter is fair enough. It’d be more disruptive if you sit through a queue screen and then 2 people leave. That’s a worse outcome. It’s only meant to be a deterrent from cherry-picking…not a punishment.

Related: Star Labs Research Facility 4-man needs an update to bring it in line with the other 4-mans, speaking time-wise. Have us do either side (green/yellow), not both. Make it either optional by which cog you start first. Or make it random per instance. Then just autocomplete the 2nd side for us. That should shave some time off the instance.
  13. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I'll let you die on that hill.
    • Like x 1
  14. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I love when people can't admit that their analogy was ****.
    • Like x 1
  15. Plowed In Loyal Player

Please tell me you saw this coming :p
    • Like x 1
  16. OnlyNomad The One Above All

[IMG]
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yep....and I'll hit the 'reject' button every time a crap song comes up, or build a group so I can avoid the issue and hit reject as many times as I like. They dangled the carrot on omnis to get us to run something they knew NO-ONE would use otherwise...then want to penalize us for looking for the best way to get that carrot. So we can build groups to avoid the penalty, which also defeats the omni, so I'd guess they will then have to further incentivize Omni to get us to run it MORE, where building a group won't be an option every time.

And this is the dance we are dancing....all to make it seem like Omni was a good idea in the first place.
  18. Plowed In Loyal Player

*Watches people chasing carrots…and complaining about the carrot chase…and thinking they’re outsmarting the carrot chase by only running in certain patterns…yet still chasing carrots…*

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

What can I say.....I like carrots....I just don't like digging them up, skinning and washing them. I buy them in a little bag in the store instead.
  20. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

100%
    Theres only 2 ways to get to actually run omnibus (not use it the way they want but actually run it)
    1) make the panalty so severe that no one would dare decline
    (Note* this wouod deter people from using it altogether but im in favor, its their crappy system to begin with)
    2) increase rewards to the point where your insame to NOT do it.

We all know full well they aint gonna make omnibus worth our while and honestly i dont see them incresing the penalty be ause that serves as counter to the goal f getting us to run it.

Omnibus is an epic fail and all that dev time wasted to accomplish nothing smfh RIP devs…… RIP