So....we are deserters now?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Oct 12, 2021.

1. BumblingB I got better.

This was a visual glitch, it always had deserter if you cancel a queue for anything not a solo, we just couldn't see it.
    • Like x 1
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Hypothesized - check

Thoroughly tested - check

Debunked - check

More Phantom Zone queues continually ignored - Hey Rodgers!!! Discount Double CHECK.

I'm really not that picky and to one degree or another can enjoy the vast majority of content that could potentially queue. Last week I even accepted, ran and somewhat enjoyed Oan Sciencells even with it's odd assumption that I need a bathroom and/or meal break in between each wave. But Phantom Zone and SGC are some of the few exceptions to what I can enjoy. STU content shoulda been removed from the rotation until after this episode anyway. Kinda defeats the purpose.

Krona: "For a millenia I have remained in this place to rot!"

Me: "You and me both bud, Now can we move this thing along before I'm in full blown "you damn kids stay off my lawn!" status???"
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

And less people running Omni due to the deserter will help those new players how? Will it make it easier for them to get in with less people queuing? Will it make their queues pop faster with a bunch of users on a 1 min timeout? Will it make it easier for them to learn how to play with the more advanced players (likely the ones who'd 'stay out of omnibus' as you suggest) opting out? Will it fix the issue where people bail out at the first sign of trouble on a boss fight...especially now that they might only have accepted the run to avoid the penalty for the 3rd or 4th time?

Gee....once all these jerk vets are whittled away from the old content, the only people who will be queuing up will be the noobs...which was the situation before we had the clamp and Omni. That was working out well, right?...that's why we needed it all added.....right?

For the record, I will take the 1 min vs run some 'bad' run (90% of the time) that could take an hour....I'd just like to have heard if it was intentional or if it was a side effect of the countdown being added as it was NOT in the update notes that I saw. Not sure if you know this or not but...on occasion...updates do have some un-intended side effects.
    • Like x 3
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This is not true. If I queue a duo/alert or raid, and then circle out of the run when it popped and let the timer expire OR went to on-duty and used 'leave queue', it was never a deserter penalty. If you walked or warped out of the run once entering, yes...deserter. The visual glitch was that when you did bail out of a run and did have a deserter, it was not displayed on the new screen, only custom. You'd just have to wait a min before anything would pop (well 1 min + queue time) even though nothing showed.
  5. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Harden up a little... lol, hilarious.

I'll take that 1 minute penalty over running bad content or being forced into disastrous runs. I'll let the new players struggle and run the terrible content and with that in mind, I don't see Omnibus being successful at retaining newer players and forcing veterans into older content. It's rather counterproductive.
    • Like x 1
  6. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I'm curious to see if people would use Omnibus more often or enjoy it more if it wasn't for the stat clamp. I'm not saying Omnibus is difficult but some people here clearly haven't been thrown into an halfway done Throne raid where the timer's already at an hour and a half. When I get thrown into something that's obviously a mess and a disaster, I scoop out of there as quick as possible. I suspect that's what most veterans are doing.
    • Like x 3
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Here's my concern with it: I'm on a character I haven't had a chance to get everything in place for. I'm just running for the marks to get my base tactical mods, backup, etc. paid for, but due to how the combat rating bands were created for tiers 1-2, I'm really only comfortable running those at 116. Getting placed in tier 3 and pushed up to 120, I'm now a detriment to any team I join, but Omnibus seems to think that's just fine. Had they created the tier bands with a bit more foresight, I wouldn't be able to queue for something that I need to be 120 for until, you know, I'm 120.

Even so, I've never liked queuing for things when I'm minimum CR. I'd like to at least match the enemies CR, and I wish we had the option to select what tiers we were queuing for and still get the Omnibus missions knocked out. Instead, I have to decline and wait the minute as a deserter because I chose not to be a detriment to the group.
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

Bump it up to 15 minutes.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Can completely understand ppl canceling. As bad as randoms who dont listen can be, (w/ a ludicrous kick penalty) nobody wants to deal with ppl not listening to:

•Crown Of Thorns (thorn guy mechanics)
    •Atlantis Throne (someone grabbing the objective & then being oblivious to the 3 person end mechanics)
    •Original Throne (Essence)
    •Multiverse (simply lining up the Barbatos stuff)

& there’s probably even some im forgetting, but those 4 are standouts for cancellation from what ive seen
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

You clearly fail to see we could already do that with on duty (and more).
    This is regression and a more restrictive system.

Now that we got that out of the way, as for the deserter, i think it should be more severe.
    They want to try an force us to run what we dont want to run? So be it, you shouldnt have the option to accept the Q or not.
    If your foolish enough, have the time, wanna clear the mission, or whatever your motivation to Q omnibus, well, it should put you straight into the instance. You shouldn't see or know till u get there.
    Honestly if u wanna use it then your accepting whatever the game gives you.
    Im a fan of a penalty, current deserter penalty is a joke tho. Bail or decline an u should have a deserter that impacts you. Not sure if they ever figured out a way to seperate those who bail an those who DC tho lol

But yes, 100% in favor of deserter an as said, omni should put you straight in. You accept by Q’n lol that’d be funny and if they did it, almost no one would use it ever. Everyone would see that onduty had same option and more and was a far far superior system
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Yea pretty much nothing i said was to you specifically, my bad lol.
    Your OP is what sparked the thoughts is all lol
  12. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

See and i agree, thats why i dont use omnibus (why would i? Loots not worth it and if your not going to run what pops then why are you Q’n omnibus anyway? The point is to run whats rdy not what u want).
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

On Duty prior to omnibus did not function even the remotely the same, people used on duty to randomly queue the content they wanted and only the content they wanted.

If you thought that people somehow went in there and just queued everything in the same way omnibus does then you're lying to everyone including yourself, that's simply not what people did.

Omnibus has expanded the system not regressed it because it provides two optional systems, that point cannot be emphasized any stronger, you DO NOT have to run the omnibus.

If you do not want to the run omnibus then the option remains for you to custom queue in exactly the same way you could previously and wait for a queue pop for that specific content, that isn't a regression or restriction upon what previously existed before the introduction of omnibus.

It seems to me that this problem stems from players want the reward from the omnibus journal entries, but not wanting to put up with the "randomness" of the omnibus, they want the reward, but they want to dictate the terms and thus believe it is acceptable to 'farm the queue' for only the content they specifically want.

That isn't the purpose omnibus. Omnibus was developed as a way to ensure everyone runs it and that all content regardless of how desirable has a chance to pop, if you're only getting certain ones then I'm sorry for your RNG, but it is what it is.

If you want those rewards then either take the penalty (of which it could be worse) or take the queue irrespective of whether or not it is your desired or favorite content.

Like I said as well, if you don't want to run the omnibus then don't run it, hide the journal entries so you don't have to bother with the 20 odd source marks for the week and custom queue everything.
    • Like x 3
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Use the custom queue so you can decide what content you're capable of running without distressing yourself or struggling with the capabilities of your character.

Use the omnibus if you have the time, patience and perseverance.

Stay out of on duty entirely if you're just after some source marks for mods and backups, because there's plenty to go around in open world, even more so if you're in a rush ;)
    • Like x 2
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Increase the rewards in the journal entries, provide additional rewards in omnibus like alliance, ally favor, stabilizers and then increase the penalty for abandonment ;)
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

The only ones that I'm really suggesting stay out of omnibus are the ones that seem to be triggered over a 1min deserter, if you're deserting queues continually then perhaps you should be doing omnibus at a time during the week where you have a more sufficient amount of time available to assist with content that might take a little bit longer.

Or just take that 1min penalty each time, at least it's enough to make a person think twice about exactly how far and how much they take farming the omnibus queue.
    • Like x 2
  17. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

This was absolutely done to curb the cherry picking. But this has not made me want to do it less. I run the omnibus stuff to get my free 35 marks on 4 toons every week...And this deserter timer for canceling a que just made me despise the devs decision even more. It just goes to show you that most people hated the Omnibus system that they were cherry picking stuff to begin with. It goes to show you how unpopular this nonsense truly is.
    • Like x 1
  18. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

I usually do 97% of the time, I like the "russian roulette" of not knowing what I am going to get. Only time I usually back out is if it is something I know is going to be a long run and I don't have a lot of time.
  19. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

1) im aware, i used on duty that way as well. It doesnt change the fact if omnibus was something we wanted (even 1 single person wanted) we couod have Q’d that way under the old on duty so yes, in fact it DID work like omnibus and more all at same time. The option was there, we chose to not do it (and for good reason)
    2) lol of course thats not what we did, i never said nor suggested we did. I said the option was there. If even a single person anywhere ever thought it was a good idea then we’d have been doing it already.
    3) you dont, but omni us can only Q one type of instance. On duty can Q all so omnibus is regressive and restrictive in comparison. I can click as many boxes (more than omnibus) as i wish with on duty. Less choice is not progress. We could do what omnibus does (exactly what it does) and we ALL chose not to….. gee, i wonder why?
    4) correct which is why many people arent foolish enough to waste time in there. Marks arent worth it, theres much much faster ways and you cant feat hunt it because you have no control over what you get.
    5) correct which is why they should use on duty. Thats what any sane person does. Except those who find it fun. Some people claim its good cause its fun. And some that actually think its fun. More power to ya. It cost us an entire DLC fir you to have this “fun” when you couod have simply Q’d same way in on duty. No one actually likes omnibus, not if they are being honest exceot the ones who Q’d this way to begin with and for them im glad. A simple check box at top of each i stance type would have been programed in moments an did the same thing but hey, lets throw away an entire DLC to try an make people think this is new an wonderful when its objectively not
    6) agreed and yes, penalty should be far far worse IMO. Devs need to go all in i think. They wanted this trainwreck of a regressive system then they need to ensure people use it as intended and forcefully so. We chose not to do it for good reason and if theyere was a legit penalty for backing out then the few people running it now would stop too and that’d be just hilarious to me. Throw away an entire DLC doing so much good for thr game only to stain it with this smfh. A system we already could have been doing and no one did, on purpose and for good reason.

I mean seriously, how does that pitch meeting even go? How was the author not laughed out of the room?
    Dev: hey got this idea for omnibus, it will be so cool. Players can Q up all raids or alerts or duos or
    Solos with one click instead of a few cicks. Its gonna save 2 seconds and be so wonderful

The team: are u serious? U elwant us to completly redesign a new system that can only do a portion of what they can already do and they choose not to do?

Dev: no no, i understand the players could already do what im proposing if they want, i get they dont want to do it but its gonna be great

The team: your a complete idiot, we cant waste the teams time on a system that's already ingame as an option and people choose not to use it that way. Theres a reason they choose not to. Some of the instances complety suck and they dont wanna run them

Dev: ok so like, we give em the option to decline if something pops they dont want :) prob solved, its gonna be great

The team: holy crap your an idiot, thats the exact same thing as only Q’n for what you want.

Dev: yea so we put a 1 min deserter if they decline tho. Thats sure to make people join everything we want them to :) its gonna be awesome

The team: your an idiot, u should prob be fired but since you wont shut up with such a stupid idea i guess the team will get to work rite away

Thats gotta be how it went smfh
  20. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Ok i got carried away an possibly off track thinking of all the hilarious ways that pitch meeting may have went
    Im done, if y’all wanna argue about an arbitrary 1 min deserter have at it.
    If they wanna punish for declining a Q i say either
    1) make the deserter fully legit to force people to accept
    2) better yet, take the option to accept or decline away. Omnibus, to serve its supposed purpose, shouldpop u straight into whatever pops and you should be forced to run it since its exactly what you Q’d for by design and purpose

Thats all