Promised skin updates...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Last Dragon, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Last Dragon Well-Known Player

Was promised years ago, still not implemented...
    So, the question is... When we'll finally get them?
    Also why materials are still not usable on skins?
    • Like x 8
  2. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Dude so was the tunic of greed getting fixed. Probably will never happen. Give my bio a like
  3. Beat Active Player

Lmao, waiting for the typical "Due to technical difficulties" reply.

I'm ignorant towards the development process but I seriously don't understand why or how it would take over 2 years to add new skins.
    • Like x 1
  4. Eve YouTuber

They talked about it on yesterday's stream. From what I understood, Oceans is looking into it. They want to make more skins, but they don't know how the tech for it works. But they do want to release more and they even talked about variants of skins players wants. Mepps even said old ones didn't age well, despite being nostalgic.
    • Like x 6
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

DO one better, create new rigs xD. Im going to pray that DCUO gives a tomboy face, with eyes that arnt made of 5 polygons.
    • Like x 2
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Hmmm Meg left, but I hope they do some qol stuff with the new devs.
  7. Lucerne Active Player

I'd settle for Sprite not having iconic armors like Elemental Android or Brainiac Invader chestpieces visibly deformed. Very sloppy work on the original creator's part.
    • Like x 1
  8. Random Mind Dedicated Player

When it comes to skins, I would love to get a Two-Face skin, but I'm sure that'll never happen so I will settle for getting an improved cyborg skin.
  9. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Hairy chest skin is a must
    • Like x 2
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I mean, we have lots of issues to be solved and ideas to be worked on.
    One of the major things in this game is gear styles (styles cover up the skin). Is this something really important enough to enough ppl to warrant effort or do we think it better for effort to be put into things beneficial to the majority or all of the players?
    I fully get that theres a few ppl that his is a high priority but we step outside our own bubbles and look at the game as whole, does this even rank in the top 100 of needed things? I rarely see a toon ingame anywhere (even the cosplayers that just stand around) where u can see the skin. On top of that, when actually playing the game (i.e. in content) you cant hardly see the auras or styles much less any skin.
    If we are being honest, i cant see how this is worth dev time and effort personally (im in favor of skins personally FYI)
    • Like x 1
  11. TritonD3 Well-Known Player

Your argument goes both ways. What seems unimportant to you may be crucial for someone else. You have no way of knowing how many people are clamoring for new skins. Either way, it’s not like development on the game would grind to a halt if some of the art team worked on skins. (Though it’s a little worrying that the devs don’t seem to know how to make new ones) The old skins look terribly outdated and could really use a new texture pass at least. Though honestly if they updated the grass textures in game I’d give them a pass on skins.
    • Like x 4
  12. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Correct, this is why i pose the question.
    Im in favor of more options for the most part no matter the topic (w/a few exceptions). More choice is rarely a bad move.
    Im not arguing one way or the other. Im just trying to remove my personal bias of being in favor and im ASKING, if we are being honest, is this really the best use of dev time? Theres no denying the majority of the time for most toons you cant even see a skin.
    I ant this BUT im trying to be understanding as to what will benefit the game and players most and i dont see how that more/new/updated skins (even if i want them)
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's a vanity item and a lot of the old skins are very pixelated. They could put skin packs with retextured skins on the MP and turn a profit. It can be someone's side project, no different than the new Wayne Manor lair.
    • Like x 2
  14. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Yo Developers we need that 4 eye demon face, so my character no longer looks like a cosplayer groupie.:D
    • Like x 1
  15. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Lmfao, that's been the go-to reply for years now. They've been updating NPC models for a few years now, I doubt adding or updating existing skins is that much of a problem. They already gave us updated models of the human skins, time to do the rest.
    • Like x 3
  16. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I get that you LOVE the Tunic of Greed but there's hundreds of styles that need fixing. I don't see the point in them fixing a single style that ~0.1% of the people use.
    • Like x 1
  17. Stardazer Committed Player

I'm curious about the "don't know how the tech for it works" part since we just got new skins a few years ago. Meg worked on getting the Human 1, 2, and 3 skin out and they look great. I know she said her plan was to work on refreshing the older ones such as tattoo, young, wise, etc. Could they not use the same tech they had to just refresh these?
    • Like x 1
  18. Eve YouTuber

I am honestly not sure. I am only quoting what they said on stream. Can watch last Saturday's live stream and listen to what they said.
    • Like x 1
  19. OnlyNomad The One Above All

It's like Meg left and forgot to leave them the blueprints and info on certain things, lol.

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  20. Stardazer Committed Player

Oh, I'm not questioning you, just thinking aloud really. Haha. Thanks for sharing the information with us though. :)

LOLL! She left with all her trade secrets. :p
    • Like x 3