Oceangeddon

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EconoKnight, Oct 9, 2021.

1. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]

I was there the day when Oceans unleashed a thousand Brainiacs in Glenmorgan Square. I remember how everyone just froze in place; they didn’t know what to do. We tried to save the ones we could, but it was just too late.

I’ll never forget that day...the day that Oceans broke us all.
    • Like x 16
  2. Eve YouTuber

She could've done the same thing with Darkseid, so we should consider ourselves lucky :p
    • Like x 4
  3. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Saw it, couldn’t get in. Shame the phases are so small
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

"Wow, look at all those speedster's red trails!"
    "Those are Darkseid omega beams."
    "They're wh..." *dead*
    • Like x 4
  5. Wonder Boi Well-Known Player

I will forever now remember that day as in More Brainiac. Much like Walken asking for more cowbell.. We rejoiced as we heard the cries for MORE BRAINIAC! IT was glorious!

The beauty of it we were all going with it. The love at that moment within the community of the Chat was amazing. Making the jokes, and laughing together, rushing to rez a fellow hero or villian before we were down. It was amazing. It truly was an Extra life moment seeing us come together and enjoy the fun that was had. I now believe Oceans is the keeper of the Joy and Fun.
    • Like x 3
  6. Wonder Boi Well-Known Player

Maybe we can get in game t-shirts saying I survived Oceangeddon 2021
    • Like x 4
  7. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Just be glad it wasn't Perpetua :p
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

I've seen some things, man...(that CR, tho...)

[IMG]
    • Like x 8
  9. Jaelia Committed Player

@Mepps It was terrifying lol :eek:
  10. Wonder Boi Well-Known Player

It was beautiful
    • Like x 1
  11. Hraesvelg Always Right

It was a magnificent bit of chaos. Thanks for making the spawn open world instead of keeping it in a base/league hall like some of the other people.
    • Like x 2
  12. Eve YouTuber

It's kind of rude to say that. We have any right to do it wherever we want as we donated for it. Do what you want with your money, but don't be like that to others who donated and wanted to keep it league and friends related.

FYI It was my league's anniversary and I wanted to do something special for them.
    • Like x 1
  13. Apollonia Dedicated Player

It's criminal that their livestream show hasn't been officially renamed to "Oceans Unleashed".
    • Like x 2
  14. Hraesvelg Always Right

Slow your roll. You're perfectly entitled to do with it what you wanted. You could have had a party of one with it, it doesn't bother me. I was thanking this person for including us. There was no value judgement attached. You're reading waaay more into this than there is.

If your league thanked you for including them, would you get as defensive?
    • Like x 3
  15. Eve YouTuber

They did thank me. They still do.

You literally wrote "Unlike the other people that did it in their base\league hall" as if It's not ok that we chose to do this privately. It came across as if you were judging us and getting upset that we didn't share the reward with everyone. Maybe you want to word your stuff better next time so it doesn't come across like that.
    • Like x 1
  16. Hraesvelg Always Right

Maybe you shouldn't get so defensive so easily? Again, you're reading into what I'm saying by a lot. You went 0 to 60. I can't help that you aren't understanding what I said.

This person made it open, I benefitted, so I thanked him. Other people did not. He opened it "instead of" how others did it, again, which I appreciated. He didn't have to, it was a kind gesture. It's also a matter of fact. If someone buys some land and makes it a public park, I'll thank the person for doing something that benefitted me. If someone buys the same land and walls it off, well, it's their land, but I'm not going to thank them, am I?

Seriously, you can do whatever you want with what you paid for. Do you want a thanks, too? Thank you for helping kids? Is that the type of validation you need?
    • Like x 2
  17. Eve YouTuber

You don't understand what I'm saying at all and result to this.

The way you worded it made it sound rude. I don't need you to thank for me for anything, I want you to take a look at what you're writing and realize that you could've said it better. You can thank the person who included you without mentioning other people and what they chose to do.
    • Like x 1
  18. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

Should add this to comic books ×D
    • Like x 1
  19. Hraesvelg Always Right

I think I see the disconnect. Your perception of it was that it sounded rude, but it wasn't meant to be. You went directly into ascribing my motivations. One can't control how someone else reads ones words, however. I could have said it in any number of ways and you or someone else might have seen it as rude then, as well. Best I can do is say that I'm sorry you interpreted it as rude.

You also seem to think I'm putting a negative value judgement on the private phase, but I'm not. It's neutral. I guess one could visualize it with numbers, where the private phase I see as 0, and opening it up was +1?

Anyway, I can see that we use different methods of communication (again, not putting a negative value judgement on that...just stating my observations). I doubt any more on the topic would be productive, so...have a great one and you do you.
    • Like x 2
  20. Eve YouTuber

All good, I am sorry if I came across rude as well. Have a good one yourself.
    • Like x 2