The Witching Hour 2021!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

The Witching Hour Returns with new Base Items, Feats, and Styles!

All hell has broken loose in the streets of Gotham City and inside The Midnight Masquerade Nightclub! Go to the House of Legends and speak to the Phantom Stranger (Heroes) or to Tala (Villains) to receive further instructions. To queue for “The Midnight Masquerade,” go into your On Duty UI and look under the Events Tab. New Race!

Travel to the House of Legends and take flight in the new "Multiplayer Aerial Movement Challenge: Flapping in the Night". You’ll be transformed into a vampire bat to race around Arkham Asylum! Earn new rewards and feats for achieving platinum, gold, and silver tiers.

There are also new feats and new collections to be found for those brave enough:
    • Blinding Speed
    • One Fast Bat
    • Supersonic Wings
    • Flying Rats?
    • Authority of the Hunt
    • Lair of the Night Creatures
    Each day of the event, also look for “The Witching Hour” in your Mission Journal to complete and earn Spooky Bites! Shop using Teekl’s Halloween bucket for the latest in scare-wear, tricks, treats, and creepy items for your Base. You’ll even find a few extra special surprises, like the new Man-Bat inspired style items, the Spooky Bats Chroma Pack, and the Demon Bat Accessory! Level Requirement: 20

Fall Vault

The fall vault is back! Everyone can run the vault daily during The Witching Hour event. Find the Vault-O'-Lantern in the House of Legends for a special new mission that treats you with access to this themed vault.

Fall Fest

And don't miss Fall Fest. Log in to claim your free gifts or take advantage of this most horrifying sale.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 11
  2. Stag Active Player

I'm impatient mepps
    • Like x 1
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Me too. What is time?
    • Like x 7
  4. GoldenBrownDragonFire Well-Known Player

5. Hraesvelg Always Right

[IMG]
  6. PhilOsyfee Active Player

Less confusing than Hypertime.
    • Like x 1
  7. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
  8. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

9. DMan72 New Player

Wasn't there supposed to be a Halloween Seasonal Vault as part of the Halloween Seasonal Event? How is it accessed? I've looked all around in the HoL and cannot seem to find it nor does it appear in my On-Duty menu. Was it announced somewhere that it would not be part of this year's Halloween Seasonal Event?
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

• Like x 2
  11. DMan72 New Player

Is the Fall Vault only accessible to characters of a certain level? I tried with several characters level 14 and up and only my level 27 and above characters were able to access the Fall Vault . I play on PS4 and am located in the U.S. Thanks for the feedback.
  12. Aren Sul Committed Player

Midnighter and Apollo Emblems!!!

THANK YOU! They actually (sort of) exist in the game - at least the foot is in the door!
    • Like x 1
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Sadly.... people are camping the starting point of the race....

been a while since I had seen so many grifters in DCUO..... almost thought most grifters were gone.

Guess I was wrong. :(
  14. SuperWeak New Player

I literally had to drop everything I was doing to come say this...

The bat/race controls are atrocious. You guys should be ashamed to call this... anything, whaduya call this??

I touch the ground, I get stuck...
    I touch a wall, I get stuck...
    I touch a hanging leaf, I get stuck...
    Wait, am I stuck in the air as well?

Man f*^k this bat...
    • Like x 1
  15. SuperWeak New Player

Um, people are trying to get it over with. How is that sad to you?
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Getting what over with???

All they do is stand there..... summon their Allies and try to block the way at the start of the race.
    • Like x 2
  17. SuperWeak New Player

But I must say, you guys fixed so many bugs with this update... Very nice, great job you guys.
  18. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Will the Vampire cape become unlockable on other characters? If not, please put on a vendor.
  19. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

FYI - with this you can make Alan Scott's cape - purple on the outside, green on the inside.
    • Like x 2
  20. Imaginos Dedicated Player

I have a L12 mule that can not do anything but the bat race. Phantom Stranger won't talk to me and I've not done any halloween events that I can recall before on this character, though I may not be 100% on that. Regardless I can't accept any missions, see no missions in my journal or event menu old and new. May want to recheck if it's toggled for L10's or L15's.

EDIT: Level 16 villain also didn't see anything but bat mission. Logged out and back in after game restart and saw the street mission only, did that then House mission became available for the L16 but no vault mission at all. The pumpkin doesn't have a ? or ! over it at all for me.