Creates a severe punishment for dps who attack before the tank!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

In this game there is a point extremely disconcerting it is the behavior of the dps which plays it leader whereas that should be the tank which commands the combat by its role!

Wouldn't it be possible that the player undergo heavy damage increase or directly a more brutal one shot which is there to say "you wanted to attack before, suffer the consequences!" to dissuade them from leaving of their own accord?

Wouldn't it be possible to make the player's power flow and be impacted by this type of death?

I don't know how to explain this, or especially by what to define it, but let's imagine, a DPS could start an instance with a state that would inflate his damage, this would be a stat only present in the instances, the more this one decreases, the less DPS he would have, something that would make this type of player pay for his arrogance.

Another possible idea is to make the super move have a shorter malus than the dps, or even none at all for the tank?

I think it's high time to review the behavior of dps on the field!
    • Like x 4
  2. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

The never ending battle of wanting DPS's to wait for the tank and stop prematurely jumping into combat.

I have a healer friend that has a cure for that...he stays at the back of the pack and does not start healing until the tank engages the enemy. During this time, we don't do any pick-ups if anyone gets KOed.
    • Like x 12
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Just from title alone i will say this…..

This is exactly where a 1-shot mechanic should be implemented. ANYONE hitting before a tank should be immediately 1-shotted IF the fight has not been engaged. What happens after the fight starts, is fair game but tanks should be starting all fights.
    Theres 2 things to note or conditions that should be met.
    1) this should only happen if theres a tank in the group.
    2) this should only happen if the tank if the tank is moving toward the target and has them locked.

I say his because your suggestion, while great would create a situation where tanks can stall raids arbitrarily.
    I think if thats happening, the group progressing anyway is ok and should be allowed to happen because no one should hinder the groups progress w/in reason.

I dont see any of this happening but i like it
    • Like x 7
  4. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

What you're asking for 100% cannot be done.

But, if you're Tanking and you see this then theres a much MUCH easier solution. Put your controller down/ move your hand away from the mouse. Tanks dont automatically have aggro just because they're in a room. So just.....wait. Let the dps get KO'd. Over and over. Until they learn. Its a freeing feeling because you literally just do nothing. Oracle ally will sort your repairs if they're getting everyone KO'd. And if they dont learn then someone will notice and start a kick. Simple. Stand back and watch them wreck their own game.

Tanks are there to protect groups from bosses, they're not there to protect someone from their own stupidity and impatience.
    • Like x 9
  5. AV Loyal Player

Or Tanks could just engage more quickly... seeing as how tagging enemies and gathering them so they can die quickly is kinda their entire job in hallways and literally the only beneficial thing they bring to most alerts. If DPS are beating the Tank to stuff, that's a major Tank problem not a DPS problem.

A DPS that attacks before the tank in Elite raids, or attacks an Elite Alert boss first, will die pretty much immediately.... so what you're asking for is completely redundant. A tank/healer who crosses their arms because they feel the DPS are being too fast/aggressive in an alert or reg raid, however, is just being a chode in that almost every non-Elite alert is completely soloable by a good DPS and a DPS can tank stuff in reg alerts for more than enough time to allow even the slowest tank or healer to support, unless they're intentionally being dickish (in which case the DPS probably still won't die... they'll just adapt). I would wager that the kind of Tank that would pull that sort of stunt likely has less survivability than one of the DPS in their group to begin with.

Someone trying to take their ball and go home just wastes time. A Tank in a regular Alert is already extreme overkill and a Tank trying to pretend every single trash mob deserves the full attention & mitigation you'd give to an SM boss is an outright detriment.

Or, in most content, the DPS just easily tanks the whole thing because the Tank thought they were more important to the run than they were and they come off looking like a complete ******* and get ignored. There are very few instances outside of an Elite raid where a non-battle tank does anything but make the group worse. If a tank is so low that they need their entire tank gear and kit to have a chance at survival then either the DPS will be higher, and able to tank better than them anyways, or the DPS will be just as weak and would instantly die if they didn't let the tank pull first. In both cases, this request is completely redundant.
    • Like x 9
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’m kinda on the fence on this. I agree that the dps shouldn’t scoreboard chase and expecting the healer and tank to bail them out. However there are also times when the tank is genuinely very slow. Trying to take 5+ minutes looking through the loot drops and stuff. Even tanks that wait after getting a née set of adds at every turn. I’ve seen some very slow tanks
    • Like x 9
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Dear Diary
    Something bad happened today
    The DPS got in my way
    I don't know why they misbehave
    What to say or do
    I was le confused
    • Like x 6
  8. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

When I tank(on rare occasions), I pull the adds away if I see someone rushing forward lol.
    • Like x 1
  9. BumblingB I got better.

No. We don't need the devs policing us, as it usually hurts the good players and not the bad ones. There were many times they introduced something to "fix" a problem with players and resulted in making it worse.
    • Like x 10
  10. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Some tanks can't seem to get their ***** in gear and just stand there.
    • Like x 3
  11. inferno Loyal Player

I agree with this solution better and it is usually what is done in most groups; same thing with the healer proposal. What can be dangerous with the initial thread/idea; is what happens to the group when the tank leaves or afk or just being lazy? I have been in groups where the tank is not moving for a while or afk, and the group, knowing only ads are ahead; to cut time, will just work with the troll for controlling ads, healer for heals and personal shields and being careful with group of ads until the tank returns.

Unfortunately, the worst type of this behavior is purposefully triggering all the ads ahead and bringing them back to the tank. In FF, this usually triggers that glitch before the Grodd fight. But it's not just dps that does this, I've seen healers abandon the main group to go ahead, trigger the cutscene and come back to the group with ads in Sanctum.

Personally, every pug raid I always look for the tank's name so i'll know if the guy running ahead is about to die and just twiddle my thumbs behind the tank then I look at the health bar rapidly shrink, go to 100 and go down just as quickly.

It's the little things.
  12. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Yeah and thats where the difference lies. If we're talking about dps running ahead and attacking, let em KO. Let em moan and groan afterwards. The whole group just gets embarrassed for them anyway, we all have maps, we all know who ran ahead.

If we're talking lazy Tanks though thats a different issue altogether. When i said "put the controller down/ move your hand away from the mouse" you're still there watching, and after the inevitable KO you pick it up again and help the rest of the group who actually know their jobs after a tiny amount of time like 10 years. Lazy Tanks are just as bad as impatient dps tbh. If 7 people are there ready to start a boss and you're stuck staring at [AWAY] beside the Tanks name without so much as a "brb" or "2 secs" or anything, then away is exactly where they should be put.
    • Like x 3
  13. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

As a main tank I have 1 rule you start it you will finish it without me cause I will let you die. I move as fast as I can but with the super speed meta and everyone using zoom and flash passive its is harder. Will I switch to super speed OH HELL NO! I hate that movement and only did it for race feats. I don't like the scoreboard in the game and dps chasing it will make me pull the adds over you. So run ahead I will let you die every time till you learn your place or leave the instance. There is no what if? your not the tank you don't start anything. You let me be the tank and let the healer kiss your bobo
    • Like x 5
  14. Miss Adora Loyal Player

it's already in the game, that dps will get the aggro. I don't take much, but I do heal on occassion, if a dps runs ahead or away from the group, I will let them solo it since they think they can. As Draco said in Rocky 4 "If they die, they die!"
    • Like x 2
  15. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

As a tank myself, I've seen my fair share of dps players jumping the gun and attacking first, but (1), they already run the risk of getting quickly KO'ed if they do that because they don't have the stats to withstand a boss focusing all their attention on them, and (2) I'll have high enough dominance to pull aggro away from them pretty quick anyway.

I agree it can be annoying and comes across as them being an impatient player, but I don't think any changes need to be made. In my experience, more often than not people will wait for the tank to start the fight.
    • Like x 3
  16. spikeat Well-Known Player

This rarely happens in elite.

The solution is easy, adjust adds to hit substantially harder.
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

They need to remove the kick limit or reduce it to 10 minutes.
    • Like x 2
  18. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

hahaha good luck. Dropping aggro is a good way to punish (someone) after you pick up aggro due to a dumb dps. But for your idea...good question. Maybe have a death zone that surrounds the enemies that kill the dps but not the tank making melee a death wish? nah, they would still try.

I sorta stopped tanking as nobody cares about them either. All people really care about is burn and heals. ...and having power but not the troll.
  19. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

If im getting good heals, i can totally quantum tank almost anything outside of elite lol. So much so, its an inside joke amongst a few fnmy closest ingame friends lol
    • Like x 1
  20. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I love tanks, heals, and trolls in any instance, i prefer any over a 2nd 3rd or 4th dps
    Literally ANY over a random trash pew pew