Zoom is TRASH(imo)!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Beat, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Beat Active Player

At very least 1 out of 4 times I call out zoom in situations needed he either stands there for a good 3 seconds like "Why am I here again? Oh yeah." and runs off , or he's like "Nah, I'll do what you called me to do when I feel like it" and comes in AFTER the adds are dead or the boss already lunges away by then so it was a waste after all.

Wouldn't be so infuriating if the ally animation wasn't sooo long, but clipping helps, but but but still!

Could the ally animation be shortened please, or could allies work like actual pets and become active on call (perfect example is the Mother Box and Father Box pets, you call them out and their immediately getting to work).
  2. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Kind of agree. Both him and Flash suffer from the same hesitancy. It's seems to be tied to if they summon to close to a wall, object, anything really that interrupts their desired path. Elevation can cause issues as well.

Which is a shame since they are one of the few that are around longer than the quicker than a hiccup typical ally duration.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Zoom's passive ability certainly isn't trash outside of combat, obviously he's just not very good as a combat ally.

With that being said I think Flash is the same and in fairness I think Flash' passive probably needs to be better as well I'm thinking when maxed the time between combat speed and non combat speed should be at most 1s
    • Like x 2
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The combat of allies is getting fixed soon. They already said that allies will blink to an enemy you have gained aggro from if the ally is to far away. Also they will not be able to be hit by enemies which means no getting interrupted either.
    • Like x 1
  5. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I like zoom as a passive for the faster movement , i use cyborg for damage
    • Like x 1
  6. Skybreen7 Level 30

Currently using Flash why I level him up, and will then switch back to Cyborg.

I find Flash is a 50/50 if he actually attacks or or not, much like the Zoom problem mentioned. A question If i may though, Do Zoom and Flash's passives stack for faster movement out of combat?
  7. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

This is combat issue is not purely limited to Zoom or Flash, I've seen this issue with Cyborg and HoL Bot also...admittedly less frequently. I think its a issue with the allies/call function in general or maybe its lag (pure speculation). And I'm not counting the instances where there is an object between the ally and the target. In fact a recent example, I just ran the Family Reunion (Normal) alert less than 30 mins ago, I called the HoL bot and it just stood there doing nothing before jumping away and in that same run @ last boss someone called Zoom and the same thing happened to him before sped off.
    • Like x 1
  8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I would prefer they also target the enemy with the most health. It's annoying watching them one-shot an add that joined the fight when I wanted the damage on the boss to speed up the boss fight.
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That more an issue with tech I think. If that can’t be done than I’d wish that they would at least switch targets if their primary target dies
    • Like x 2
  10. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Nevermind that, get to the essentials.... Targeting is garbage!

I can call forth Henchmen, have a target locked, and the henchmen might pull npcs from relatively nearby (CC StU alert example) or fight anyone but the target I'm locked on. Yes line of sight is an issue sometimes. Yes flying npcs can be an issue sometimes. Walking up to a vehicle in Flashpoint Gotham and trying to target the vehicle when an enemy npcs is near it.... How deliberate can I actually target what I want to target? Go try it. Targeting is garbage! (also, probably a valid point, allies are not in a finished state)

I found it irritating to have a WV or Legion bounty target locked, red colored targeting reticle, and then I click to use Orbital Strike and the Orbital Strike hits the ground I'm standing on instead of the npc/bounty.
    • Like x 2
  11. Aetrius Well-Known Player

I've actually never had issue with Zoom not doing something when he's summoned (I clip with shield or trinket usually), but sometimes it seems like he does take an inordinate amount of time to start.
  12. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

[IMG]