Test Discussion Nubia (T3) Ally Functionality Feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Oct 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    How many damage ticks should I be seeing when using "To Me!" against a NPC. Sometimes I see one. Sometimes I'll see two damage ticks. Here is an example with two damage ticks against a group of NPCs.

EDIT:
    After doing some more investigating, Nubia does two damage ticks. She does the first tick on the knockback and another a couple of seconds later. What can happen is that she ends up knocking the NPCs too far back and they are out of range of her second damage tick. The damage division on this attack is a bit unusual since it starts splitting after the first enemy.

Odd thing is that I've seen Nubia do up to 3 damage ticks on a single boss. I haven't figured out how to reproduce that one yet.
    • Like x 1
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    The knockback on Nubia's Power Slam can be pretty annoying. You end up annoying the tank by throwing the mobs everywhere and they have to regather the mob group. It is really easy to knock enemies out of an Orbital Strike or Supercharge AoE if you use Nubia at the wrong time.

• Like x 1
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I agree with previous comments saying that Amazonian Poultice needs to display "green numbers." As is, the heal is so small that you'll only ever notice if you are carefully scanning your combat log.

On that note, I'm not sure why anyone would pick Amazonian Poultice. If you're a tank, there are better passives to choose from. The heal you receive so small and the cooldown is so long that I don't see it being a useful in real world situations.

To give real stats to this example, my character has 215222 health. If I perform a successful counter, I get two ticks of 8608 health back.
    • Like x 1
  4. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Its perfect the way it is.

- sincerely, a troll (not the role)
    :D
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The knockback should be changed to a knockdown but instead of a regular knockdown it should have twice the duration, so the effective interruption of enemies is the same as it is now.
  6. Mr.W Committed Player

I'll have to get on later this week to test, but all I can say (in the LEAST rude way possible) is that she better be free to all players on live.

If not this proves EXACTLY what I said about the clamp having 0 purpose except to SELL us back our stats that we already earned AGAIN. Players both new and old would have a reason to be outraged if she's not going to be available for free to everyone.

If that is indeed the case it is a HORRIBLE business model for the new company to try to recoupe funds that way. It would be better to remove all allies from the mp & just put a perfected ally xp pack with all the xp and catalyst to completely max any one ally for the price they are currently being sold.

Nubia is awesome, I think her effects are amazing, just not behind a pay wall.
    • Like x 3
  7. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But the buff could also be clamped in omnibus and there have been no nerfs to our stats outside of that. At least recently.
  8. Mr.W Committed Player

I doubt it. To my knowledge Diana's, batman's, & aquaman's buffs aren't reduced in omnibus so I doubt they'll do that to nubia.

This 100% should be free to all players.
    • Like x 1
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Amazonian Poultice heals all nearby "Allied" ungrouped NPCs as well. Here is an example with me testing against some Hoplite Soldiers in open world Gotham Under Siege:
    [IMG]
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    There are just times where Amazonian Poultice just doesn't work. Here is an example:

I wait 30 seconds at the start of the video to make sure I am off cooldown. I gain aggro on the Peltast Campaigner and block the NPC's lunge. I take some damage from that lunge and Amazonian Poultice does not proc. I take a couple more damage ticks and block another lunge. Amazonian Poultice still doesn't proc.
    • Like x 1
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    It'd be helpful to get a more in-depth explanation of how Amazonian Honor is supposed to work. I had two clients open testing the group buff in open world Gotham Under Siege. I picked the bridge section since there is a constantly respawning army of NPCs on it. I was doing all my killing with Client #1 while I just left the Client #2 standing beside me with the Stats window open.

What I was seeing while doing that test really confused me on how this passive is supposed to work. Normally I would just see 1 stack of the passive active. However, I started seeing really strange results the longer Client#1 remained in combat. Eventually, I started seeing up to 3 stacks of Nubia's passive being active at one time on Client #2.

So for Client #2, their base Might is 4045. While running test tests, I started seeing the stacking behavior:
    1 Stack: 4200
    2 Stacks: 4358
    3 Stacks: 4520

I think I may have seen 4 stacks one time, but didn't catch the number on it. Based on my current reading of the Amazonian Honor description, I'm not sure if this stacking behavior is intended.

Also, there appears to be a proximity check for this passive. Your teammate has to be fairly close by in order to receive the buff.
    • Like x 1
  12. NotMeMaybe Active Player

Dear @Ranmaru, @Mepps, you've completely destroyed this game by making stupid choices for 10 years now the list is so long that i can't be arsed to type all the dumb choices you guys at Dabreak made.

How comes you lock op allies behind a paywall now, that was not enough with your crap artefacts already?
    Should everyone that doesn't want to spend hundreeds of dollars again to be as efficient as the whales cancel their subscription and just forget this game for good ?
  13. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

Hey guys being testing the heals side of things for this ally and the dps x2 pulse heals are better than the counter heals by x10!:
    see video:
    02:01- the heals from passive are barely over 10k.
    04:50- the dps passive heals are huge!
  14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    The "defeat" condition for Amazonian Honor doesn't seem to work with certain types of mobs. Here is an example with the Escaped Prisoners from Flashpoint Gotham:

I waited 30 seconds before I started the video to make sure I was off cooldown. After that, I defeated the Escaped Prisoners. However I did not receive the Damage buff. I tried interacting with them to complete the capture, but that didn't trigger the damage buff either.

EDIT:
    Further testing suggests that most things that involve a cog will not count as a "defeat" for the purposes of Amazonian Honor. I tried testing on some other maps and saw the same behavior.
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Amazonian Poultice is sometimes giving four healing ticks for a successful counter. Here is an example:

You'll see four healing ticks for Amazonian Poultice in my combat log at ~9 seconds.
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Why didn't the two successful blocks in this video trigger Amazonian Poultice?

0 to 45 seconds - Waiting for a feint lunge
    48 seconds - I block a feint lunge. It didn't trigger Amazonian Poultice.
    53 seconds - Another lunge. It didn't trigger Amazonian Poultice.
    58 seconds - I blockbreak the NPC. That finally triggered Amazonian Poultice.

Why didn't the two lunges trigger the passive? More than 30 seconds had passed by that time and I successfully countered them.

EDIT:
    It worked on the first lunge from this Joker Goon:

Is Amazonian Poultice one of those "It has X% chance to work" mechanics?
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    While trying out Amazonian Honor in a group setting, I discovered that it is possible for Amazonian Honor from multiple players to stack.

Let's suppose one party member has a level 6 Nubia and another has a Level 10 Nubia. Both players kill separate NPCs at the same time. All nearby group members will receive the Level 6 buff and Level 10 buff resulting in a 4% Might/8% Precision buff. The Level 6 buff drops off after 6 seconds and Level 10 drops off after 10 seconds.

I'm not sure what the correct or intended behavior is.

EDIT:
    After doing some more testing, each group member has their own Amazonian Honor buff that is shared with the group. That allows it to stack multiple times even if all the group members have the same level Nubia.
    • Like x 1
  18. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Allies need to become part of our Armories so that we can switch depending upon our role. Some Allies are better than others for Tanks vs. Heal vs. Troll vs. DPS.
    • Like x 4
  19. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I like this approach having both might and precision increased. I would like to see a tank version which is dominance and health lol
  20. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I've been keeping my mouth shut, but I can't help it anymore... People seemed to have glossed over the fact that the OMAC Trinket is on a vendor. Unless they changed it, for 30 seconds you get...

+5 Critical Weapon Attack Chance
    125% Base Health

Add that to other Artifacts and Nubia and damn.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.