Wishful Thinking: My Inactive Characters Inside Base

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lovora Liaht, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

I know this is NO WAY possible to accomplish in DCUO, but the idea is cool I think.

What if the heroes/villains we aren't currently using were able to walk around inside our bases? I think that would've be neat. (^_^)

Maybe have a set limit to how many of our off duty characters can occupy one base? Dive: One or Two, Gothic/Deco: 3 or 4, etc. Just some examples. Heck, that may have convinced some players to buy more Deeds. LOL! XD

Again, I know the game has limitations, which is why this is only wishful thinking...but wow that would've been SO COOL!!

What do you all think if something like this would have somehow been implemented into the game at launch?
    • Like x 14
  2. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

I would love that too! It would feel more immersive having my other toons walking around the base. I consider all my characters a team anyway.
    • Like x 3
  3. BumblingB I got better.

I'm cool with this idea, but the programming for it would probably be a nightmare to accomplish.

For my idea on how it would work, instead of taking the info on your alts, you open your alts and go to a terminal where you can "imprint" your style. Sort of like League Hall Statuaries.

It would also be cool to have even friends come in and imprint themselves on there.

Things I know would be a great idea on implementing it would be. Set a limit of how many of these people allowed in the lair. Make it require a base item system that can be interacted with (kind of like the tree, newspaper stand, etc) and just have it be randomly picking the characters that were "imprinted" in the system. They just wander around, like your pets do. Don't need to talk or anything. Like House of Legends iconics. Where they can interact with each other, just not you.
    • Like x 3
  4. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

Same here! My base is called the Tamaranean Tavern, and all my heroes work there (Roleplay storyline). It's their job/secret base. (^_^)
    • Like x 4
  5. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

Heck yeah! Seems like you've been thinking about this way before me. LOL
    • Like x 2
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, lairs always felt empty and I love the pets, but I always felt like the cat lady who has no one but them. LoL

I always give up because it's a lot of work for a little amount of yield for the devs.
    • Like x 3
  7. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

And then one of your name holding toons comes up and asks you "Yo, how much longer and I going to be in the Brainac Ship?"
    • Like x 2
  8. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

I'd also like if we could summon our off duty characters like ALLIES.
    • Like x 3
  9. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

LOL!! XDDDDDDD

A jab! Such a jab! XDDD
  10. BumblingB I got better.

That is less likely than the lair pet ideas. Those are hard coded specifically. It's like how sidekicks don't have customization.
    • Like x 1
  11. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

Oh, I totally forgot about the sidekicks! LOL! Customization for them would have been nice as well.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Why not go one further and if we haven't played them in X days or weeks, they are sleeping, or looking sickly...or are just pissed off? "Hey....am I gonna sit around here all day or what?"....or... "So i'm just here to hold all your crap drops?"

I mean as long as we are wishful thinking....
    • Like x 2
  13. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

LOL! XD
    That would be so funny!
  14. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

id like it if i could set up a base item(Hero Display Case for want of a better name) and have the display be an armory style for any of my characters.
  15. FoolsFire Devoted Player

There's a video game called Creatures that let you hatch eggs and you get these cute little critters to nurture. But wait...I decided to not load the game for a month. What possibly could go wrong? A lot. The next time you load up they may suddenly be mean or even rabid.
  16. AzraelR Committed Player

yes, I posted about that on this thread:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/20-suggestions-for-devs-about-dcuo.318073/

And about allies:

17. the solowing Steadfast Player

I think they can program in a rig with a personality type assigned to it, but i think the problem would be since theyd be aimlessly wandering around the house with no script to give them a "preoccupied" look since each base is unique. They might get stuck on items unless they are programmed to break through said items. Is it worth the effort to program it in?
  18. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

I initially though Home Turf would work this way years ago. Our alts would walk around and you could talk to one of them to switch toons... many other RPGs have character selects that do this. If they did it now though, you'd have to remember which base you left each toon in!
  19. OnlyNomad The One Above All

That would be awesome but how about letting us use our other characters models as sidekicks?
    • Like x 1
  20. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

Now that would've been awesome!!