Your Theory on the Tank Shortage

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BaelinFishman, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Plowed In Loyal Player

It’s in tier 4 stuff. I saw it today.
  2. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

:p
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

My stance is, if the tank goes i will follow an let all the other dps’s pad their numbers an often times die.
    The best is when the healers dont heal them till the tank engages haha
    BUT
    If the tank is fiddlin around then i have no issue engaging. I will quantum tank adds and bosses for a short while an soda/supply as needed. When the tank finally quits screwin around and engages, i just quantum tunnel to dump aggro an go about my business.

1st option is always follow tank but if they aint gonna do it, then someone has to lol
    • Like x 2
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I know, it's not in mine. Appreciate it though.
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Same applies to dps for sure
    I was just in the alert w/another quantum dps.
    I smoked him/her 4x over. They even commented on how strong i was an wanted my loadout. I told them theres alot more to it that just my loadout. Its arts, augs, mods, how i rotate it etc
    I said PM me when we leave or when your free and we can group up and i will talk ya through it all and work with ya on the sparring targets an get ya goin.
    They called me an elitist ***** in group chat and left……….
    So to answer you, in most cases no, i think they wont even accept the help lol
  6. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Talk about laying pearls before swine...lol
  7. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Lol i mean, what can ya do?
    You offer to help, you offer to put in the time for absolutely nothing in return.
    The player was obviously interested because they asked for the loadout lol.

I think it speaks to the larger prob of lack of interest n actually getting better. Players now days really do think they can do what they want, they iust need a good loadout and theres so much more to it in most cases.
    Its sad really, that attitude especially when ne offers to help and i have seen it soooooo many times and its happened to me soooo many times (now i dont often get called an elitist ***** when i offer to help lol, thats a new one).
    It just seems like the majority wanna press a few random buttons an BE a bada**. They cant be botherd to actually learn anything.
    It even prompted me to go an watch some of the videos for various powers and heres what i see……
    Almost all the fo us is on loadout. Most of these guides show augs, artifacts, tac mods, etc but its all extreemly brief. Nothings explained, nothings even touched on.
    They will scroll through everything equipped and explain nothing in 20-40 senthen spend 30 min on a darn sparring target breaking down the loadout and how’s an why’s of it.
    Its no wonder ppl run around w/incorrect tac mods, rainbow augs, jacked up artifacts etc. i mean all these “guides” out there say nothing more than “these are my augs” or im using xyz artifacts”. Some randomly mention x art is really good Or something but largely the whole guide is focused solely on the loadout.
    I wish thes eguides explained rite off the bat if you dont do these arts an these augs etc etc etc, then no matter what your loadout, its not gonna work.
    The loadout is the end, everything else MUST be in order for it to work
  8. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Yeah it's kinda asking your doctor for pills, instead of changing your lifestyle, to better your health. Wanting the maximum results with the least amount of effort.
    • Like x 1
  9. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Tbh tank arts are boring. Dps have the most fun. When i went tank i dumped all my troll arts into tank & they’re just as boring.

I wish i could go back hard light but even w the stat clamp trolls are useless
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Lord i hate people thinking this.
    Show me a player that thinks trolls are useless and i will show you a player that doesnt actually understand the game
    Trolls are bada**. They can do alot and as a dps (A pretty good one) they massively increase my damage helping us kill faster which speeds up the instance AND makes it go smoother in the process. Its crazy the difference having one vs not having one makes.
    The better the dps, the bigger the difference too.
    Trolls are awesome, dont let anyone tell ya otherwise.
    • Like x 8
  11. xm3n3hun3 Well-Known Player

maybe because most people tend to stay out of instance chat,
    when If they were in chat and the tank had a mic and said 'block' and of course everyone blocked,
    but the game allows non-conforming and people will take that stance to the hilt - to the detriment of the group...

I still say that the game should have a visible icon of some type - something along the lines of
    1st player, 10yr player etc....

it gets bad to me when I get blamed and I know i've done what I need to do - and the person typing the fastest and most in the chat - can get you kicked out of the group - when they have no real appreciation of how to play the game

mis-information is rampant - and just because you haven't seen xyz done doesn't mean it can't be done - it's just limited knowledge permeates DCUO and gets passed on and on.

perhaps a solo simulation where you get to be the role at various levels should be introduced instead of just going on and on with other peoples opinion.
    Perhaps you would be allowed to create your own spec for the simulation - in order to see what works... and you could attach feats to things that are done - at one of the spectrum... not normal
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No but the troll I had last night was completely useless. No debuffs, no power heal, one-man shield, holographic decoy, the rest were iconic powers (frost breath, regular heat vision, batarangs). Would not respond to voice and chat requests to play his role or switch to DPS. Upon inspection Lasso artifact and DPS artifacts, his augments were Skittles. He was dressed up as Batman which should have been a red flag in and of itself. No one kicks trifling people anymore and that makes me sad.
    • Like x 3
  13. Quantum Rising Committed Player

They all switched to the OP builds in this poorly poorly balanced game.
    • Like x 2
  14. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

I'm going to talk about my experience in DCUO. I went back to playing with this reformulation making the game really free to play. I came back playing as Quantum troll, raised my DPS and troll skills up to 345. But I didn't have many opportunities to play as a troll, only in some raids. Seriously, it's very easy to maintain power in the game (To leave no doubt I know that the troll has more functions than giving power. But the game as a whole just got a lot easier.). But that's another story.

Why did I switch to a tank? Tank is most needed in alerts. Tank (Battle Tank) makes many mini bosses alone, it takes time but one day you kill the boss. Usually I call a boss in an open world and someone always comes to help. I found it much more practical to complete these boss feats.

Because of that I decided to go back to my origins and go back to my first power in the game, Fire Tank. I found the stats revamp very good and promising. Before I needed several other powers to be a tank. Now my loadout is basically firepower. I liked these new options to select alerts and raids. Before the best option was the LFG chat, but today depending on the content it is easy to complete the missions using OnDuty. But LFG chat is still the best option. I play elite only with friends and sometimes with guests.
  15. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Lasso is a an actual fun tank art. Maybe not ideal for everyday use but dragging huge mobs of adds through the hallway = hilariously fun
  16. thedemonocus Loyal Player

When stuff goes wrong tanks are the 1st to get blamed, then the healers get blamed, then the trolls but no one ever blames the dps.
    • Like x 2
  17. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I pretty much stopped tanking (raids) a long time ago. I was tired of toxicity to sum it up. Anytime there was a fail, everybody jumped the tank. Eventually I began only tanking for league mates. Left the game, came back, the toxicity still existed (each time).

I'll tank an alert (if it's actually needed). I'll tank elite alerts (for reset of I've already done it), and I tank quite well (3 bosses plus satyr bard not a problem): but I still won't tank raids- people just too quick to jump you. The last raid I tanked (metal) I told the group it was my first time in that raid (back from a break), so let me know if there's mechanics to be aware of. As soon as the healer died (followed by every other person that didn't revive the healer), and I eventually died, they decided instead of giving advice to me, just to kick me: so, not tanked a raid since then, and don't care to either. It'll cost at least 25 million for me to even que a raid as a tank now. Toxicity has it's costs.
    • Like x 2
  18. AV Loyal Player

Ironically it's almost always the burn that's the issue too in such cases (unless the Tank just gets 1-shot immediately or the Healer straight up isn't healing). If something happens in a fight that's taking 10x longer than it should because the DPS is ***, supports are totally justified in calling that out. I'll only tank if I know the group will still have good burn without me DPSing, as tanking for bad DPS is absolutely excrutiatingly boring. I will hold hate as a DPS or full battle tank in pugs if there's not a tank but in an elite there's no way I'm tanking for people who aren't reliable burners. I'm not looking to spend an uneccessary eternity holding bosses.
    • Like x 4
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

We inspect everyone at the first red flag before assigning blame, the scoreboard can also be very telling.
    • Like x 2
  20. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I totally disagree with the first point. It was impossible to learn to tank or heal in old content before the clamp because everything was dead before you could throw a taunt or before anyone even needed a shield. Whereas now, being at the top CR for an older instance, with at least some SP, artifacts and augments, makes it easy without being completely irrelevant. It's a great way to progress your skills and/or try different loadouts.

However, I totally agree that one of the main problems is that there is no tutorial for roles. It's a huge, gaping hole in the game.
    • Like x 7