Devs, Mepps, Creators I need help.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Player87, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Player87 New Player

The game disappeared from the hungarian PS store in 2018. I can't play.
  2. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Have you tried using a VPN to change your location and re-enter the PSN store?

The devs mentioned some countries wouldn't be able to get the game due to lopsided exchange rates, making it super expensive and unreasonable to expect those consumers to be able to afford the game. From the US Dollar to the Hungarian Forint, a DCUO membership would cost (monthly) $14.99 USD= Ft 4,564.53 HUF and (yearly) $119.88 USD= Ft 36,504.06 HUF.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The game was never supposed to be available on Hungarian PS Store, there was an error that made it possible to download and then that error was corrected.
  4. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Cool, didn't know that. I'm glad someone had a better answer. :D
  5. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

I don't think this is the case for any game in any country, Argentina currency is down from 0.23 USD a few years ago to 0.01 right now and AFAIK they can still play.

And a currency converting to more of the other doesn't mean anything. 120 dollars is 100k chilean pesos and yet they are the richest country in latin america, 120 usd is 13k japanese yen, is Japan poor? No.

The only reason they would block it is because of some weird regulation on hungary.
  6. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

What is the Hungarian position on the lootbox?
  7. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I would suggest looking at this before replying quickly, extreme currency changes and greatly differing cost of living/national minimum wages do exist.

• Like x 2
  8. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

When thats the case Playstation just sets the currency to USD and converts when you use the credit card. What Mepps said only makes sense on this scenario if Hungary prevents them from updating prices on the PS store.
  9. The Con Dedicated Player

In Hungary... lootbox opens you.
    • Like x 1
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Lmfao, i wonder how many will get the reference
    Just great, well played!!!
    • Like x 1
  11. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

No matter, that could have been the case. It happens, a leaguemate I knew had to stop playing because of the poor exchange rates. But it wasn't in this case. Someone else had the correct answer/reason, why Hungary doesn't have access to DCUO. I accept that to be the real reason because it was backed up by fact, Im not gonna stand here and haggle them and try to disprove it. Just don't argue for argue sake, leave that somewhere else. This forum and it's responses were here to provide maybe give some insight or reason to help the OP, I think that need has been satisfied, so I'm happy. ;)
    • Like x 1