Metropolis vs Gotham

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Mary, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Mary New Player

[IMG]

So this is mostly just for fun, as yourself, if you were to choose which team to root for, which would be your "hometown"?

*Personally Metropolis, I do like, but I'm loyal to The Joker, so thus I'd personally choose to root for Gotham.
  2. Minx New Player

Gotham, too much sun in Met.
    • Like x 2
  3. TormentorX Well-Known Player

Gotham. I always feel like I need a briefcase in Metropolis : ) Keep it dark!
  4. M15TER ROBOT0 New Player

I live in New Jersey, but Delaware is closer, so i guess Metropolis. Also, the drug theme to everything in Gotham is nasty.
  5. CCBatson Dedicated Player

While I prefer the sunny disposition of Metropolis, I am located in Gotham. The reason may seem odd, but Metropolis feels too much like a sci-fi city, the City of Tomorrow, a future utopia of progress... and I love playing magic-themed characters. Gotham is dirty, awful, and dark... but I can envision magical, wonderful, and nightmarish things happening in the old crevices and nooks. The feel of DC's World of Magic 'lives' in Gotham, not-so-much in Metropolis. Ideally if I could see beautifully vintage Fawcett City in DCUO, I'd move there in a heartbeat. I much prefer a happier and optimistic town over the grim face of Gotham, but for the time being even a nightmare still counts as a place where dreams come true. o_O
  6. Enickma Dedicated Player

Gotham, the city that needs cleaning.
  7. Mary New Player

So that's:

Gotham
    Metro

I have to say, looks like Gotham's winning so far
  8. Chaera New Player

Definitely gotham, love the dark theme
  9. Mary New Player

So now that's

Gotham

Metro

No other fans of Metro? Really?
  10. Death Throe New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  11. Chaera New Player

The sun is bad >:[
  12. WorldsDown New Player

Likewise.
  13. ArcSin1 New Player

Even though I put my lair in Metro, Gotham is my home town and pretty much has been since I started playing. The wars in Robinson are great when they happen which seems to have been a lot less lately. Exos are much more easily spotted in Gotham as well.
  14. Daolon Zar Well-Known Player

No doubt, Gotham.

I like the artwork from Hush up there, as well. Good call. :)

But yeah, gimme dark/gritty/demented/horrifying over Metro any day.
  15. Mary New Player

So now that's...
    Gotham

Metro

Wow, everyone loves Gotham. There's gotta be someone! Any Metro fans at all?!
    I could just see Bruce Wayne smiling right now, ear to ear. Too bad Joker doesn't know who he really is though, that would make him so happy.
  16. Octantis New Player

I'll give my love to Metropolis. Gotham can keep its dark underbelly of crime and filth.
    • Like x 1
  17. MercPony Devoted Player

I only like Metropolis for the Centennial Park (I often hang around there) but majority of the time I'm in Gotham because the darkness is easier on the eyes and Batman is my mentor... so Gotham all the way!
  18. Mary New Player

Gotham

Metro

Whoo! The Metro fan is not alone! Yay!
  19. Motive New Player

I like Chinatown in Metropolis but Gotham is more interesting and atmospheric over all.
  20. Faust74 Loyal Player

Gotham, I was born in the darkness.