Your Theory on the Tank Shortage

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BaelinFishman, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

PUG life OGs yo.
    • Like x 2
  2. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Stats revamp. Made all tanks cookie cutters with different colors on them. They lost their uniqueness and became unappealing. Lots of abilities got stripped and that also made tanking less viable. Now it’s: do this to get that, get that to get this, you mess up that you can’t get this, blah blah blah.

Most tanks I see nowadays (all roles really) have no idea what aggro is, don’t use powers, no pulls, only spam bow flurry, can’t lunge enemies, no survivability, nothing. No white mods, rainbow augs, and Circe mask and pied piper flute.

Even if someone (like myself) we’re to help them, would they even accept the help?

And no turtorials on how to do anything
    • Like x 1
  3. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

So they sacrifice damage to survive content in their mind. They aren't a tank, they are high defense low attack DPS. Its a good set up for ease of completing solo's (slower) and duo's but would suck on anything more. And likely a sign they struggle surviving these as a DPS. Which speaks to overall skill.
  4. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Oh for sure. I’ve done that when they don’t appreciate my tanking and I see who dies first. Odds are, you will be last to die as everyone else will have more aggro than you if you choose to stay tank and not use any powers.
    • Like x 1
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Haha, tanks need an aggro dump power. We can call it "don't insult me" loadout
  6. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

We already have that, its called Mass Shadow Concoction. Its either a T3 or T4 consumable.
    • Like x 1
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Oooooo, going looking for that. Like I said, new to the tanking game. That isn't something I'd have ever needed before. Tho I probably should have been using it on my main. The amount of aggro a healer or good dps can get some days is painful
  8. MaDaNoF New Player

I have not seen that plan for years and used to do T4 content a lot even up till now.
  9. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

OMG. I met that guy yesterday...
    • Like x 1
  10. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I didn't think that was still in the game.
  11. Aesthete Well-Known Player

I tanked for a few months before switching back to controller mainly because of one reason... being bullied by other players. I was fairly new to tanking (Was a fire tank at that) so of course I wasn't max geared right away and was still learning the ropes. That didn't stop people from constantly ripping me to shreds and belittling me instead of giving me tips on the proper way to play. It didn't help that my league thought it was a bright idea letting my undergeared self tank elite content. Overall, while I enjoyed fire playstyle, being a tank was not worth all of the trouble and I knew I couldn't just stick to a DPS role so I eventually just made the switch to a support role i'm more comfortable with.
    • Like x 1
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Anyone else love it when a player that's never tanked in their life tells you how to tank? That's always a favorite of mine. Just pull bro wth so hard
    • Like x 1
  13. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Agreed. I played my first SEVEN years since launch exclusively as a Controller. Over that time I became pretty good at the role. BUT there was always SOMEONE being toxic the moment something went sideways. When it did the Tank, troller or healer were sure to get the brunt of it.

The majority of players are NOT, IMO, toxic. Sadly it only takes a single big mouth to ruin the experience for a support player.

Finally I had enough and have been running ONLY in DPS since. The only exceptions are when i run with friends or people I have trolled for in the past.

If people were nicer in general, there might not be such a shortage of Tanks
    • Like x 3
  14. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

In my experience, its pretty close to a majority if not the majority. Particularly when I was a newer player before I came on the forums. They get less toxic the better you get, but don't realize that being toxic doesn't make a player better.
  15. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

16. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

[IMG] Nope, looking @ it now in my R&D tab, don't know where it drops anymore though.
    • Like x 1
  17. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

18. Harlequin Devoted Player

Wait for three sunders, noob!
  19. Sweet Daddy Level 30

this is all facts. when i first played i was a little P about that
    • Like x 1
  20. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

When a certain member of the group attacks the tank and that it is a new one which seeks to play this role, that does not help either, to obtain new players who at the beginning was motivated to play tank! ;)

I don't know if you see how the community is able to be toxic towards a tank...
    • Like x 1