This is why people don't like the CR cap.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Sep 11, 2021.

1. The Con Dedicated Player

Germany, 1936: "I think things will improve now that we've cleared out the neighborhood".....

:rolleyes:

Still making excuses for something that you openly admit that nobody is actually happy with... except for the people that it doesn't directly affect.

Oh sure... You "don't mind" it... for the "greater good"... but, then, again... You haven't been playing for the last couple of years....

[IMG]
    Toadies gotta toad.
    • Like x 2
  2. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

You really just compared (yes, using a metaphor of the event is in fact comparing) a clamp of stats that has happened or started in other games from the beginning, to the run up to genocide?

Its not that I don't mind it. Its that I came back to the game BECAUSE of it. Because the game was broken when I left from my perspective, but you are so unable to empathize that not only can you not see that some people would in fact enjoy it, but also are unable to see how offensive the comparison is.
    • Like x 2
  3. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

As pointless as the feature is... you are officially ignored. We'll see how the admins of the forum feel about comparing their action to preww2 germany. But either way, good day. I'm done.
    • Like x 1
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

One might say this is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object huh??
    • Like x 1
  5. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

There's a point where it becomes pointless. Absolutely. I still thought the guy would eventually see that people disagree with them and do so logically, but when he brought up (for the second or third time) pre-ww2 germany... it was clear. He's either here to troll or completely immovable in his pre-conception of life. So I'm tapping out.
    • Like x 2
  6. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

It is a bad analogy to make. Some things just need to not be said. The cable company arguments seemed far more fitting. I get his frustration, I get that some like it. I'm still not sure personally but it barely affects my playing since I don't do much with old content. If it's bringing in new players, great. Hopefully it's also retaining old ones. I know for at least some of us, getting source back in new content was all we needed to get on board with the changes.

Best analogy I can give to the whole thing is what I used to do for work. We were hired by suffering nightclubs. Not that they weren't making money, although some weren't, but we were brought in to change the clientele. We would impose a dress code. Cleared some riff raff out. Shortly after, we would implement a cover charge. Some former patrons would see it as being kicked out because they didn't like the changes. Some stayed, embraced even. No more fights, no more (wellllll a lot less) bad substances, and more money for all of us and the owners. Change will always make people feel they're being pushed out even if they are welcome to embrace the change. And the ones that do leave always say that it will fail. If this clamp is still going then I'd imagine it is working. Next dlc really needs to seal the deal tho for a lot of players I imagine
    • Like x 2
  8. The Con Dedicated Player

Even tho you now have me in IGNORE....

You're the one not able to empathize.....

I'm the one saying that there has to be a better way to make everybody happy... not just the ones who now don't mind what happened to other players. (Do ya see how that's a tad unsympathetic??)
    • Like x 2
  9. The Con Dedicated Player

It's not a direct comparison.... NO ONE IS SAYING THAT IT IS JUST AS BAD... or even remotely close.

Just pointing out that "Some benefit from the misery of others" isn't a good argument for causing misery.
    • Like x 2
  10. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

I have never claimed that nobody disagrees with me. I have acknowledged the fact that people disagree. Even stated I understand why they disagree and that I agreed with them in the past. That I had an alternate way that I would have preferred to take back 7 years ago, and explained why I didn't think that, or having it optional would be an option until more momentum was created etc. I'm not immovable...because I was moved here.
  11. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

I agree. Even those attracted here by the changes. I subbed for a month because I need to see them commit to growing the game etc.
    • Like x 1
  12. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

13. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

[IMG]

I see those understandably upset over what, in fact, the stat clamp did which is take something away for which we both paid and worked (indisputable fact), many for years and also took away the super feeling of being a super (this can be considered subjective). And then there are those (Pro stat clamp or just pro whatever DCUO does) that are basically telling us to love it and shut up. Some use ridiculous arguments, some just insult, some go crazy with fallacies, and some are polite but are still saying the same thing.

The company did what they did and what is already happening as a result will play out. Money is already deciding the fate of the changes. But never underestimate people that can't admit their wrong. Many companies have crashed and burned because those in control refused to accept they were wrong.
    • Like x 5
  14. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I think there's a disconnect between what players want and enjoy doing vs what some people on the forums think others want and enjoy doing.

Feats in the game are mostly a laundry list of stuff to get done. Like collect all styles, kill 500000 of X and so on. There's no real skill involved. Players don't enjoy doing these things. There are some players who enjoy difficulty who will chase the small amount of feats that do require skill and they enjoy doing those though -- but they're in an obvious minority. So, most players don't strictly enjoy getting feats. They're doing it solely for the SPs for an edge in content. I point this out, because I think it's a mistake to complain about players who don't want to put effort in blah blah blah. No, they probably don't want to put that effort in because it's not fun and never has been. It's tedious at best. So, dumping on players who try to skip one of the least engaging parts of the game is shallow to me.

And the later part of your reply about feats being more accessible... I love the word "accessible". It's so poorly used in today's discourse but I digress. No, I would argue that feats are not more accessible. Older feats are harder to get now because they can't be outgeared. And all feats in elite content are now outside the reach of the casual playerbase which makes up around 95% of the game's players.

SPs have been revamped many times and will be again. They're not meant to be a divider between casuals, vets and elites the way some players imagine they're supposed to be. SPs are supposed to be a means to keep players busy and working towards things outside of the narrative and they have always been useful and the Devs aren't lacking in ability to make them useful and weren't in the past either -- they were as useful or not useful as they were intended to be, by design, at any given time. And now that progress from gear was removed, and the accessibility of SPs is restricted it's going to be time to revamp how relevant and weighted SPs play in the character formula again.
    • Like x 3
  15. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Also with the rate at which feats are released with each new Episodes, TCs, it will become increasingly more difficult for new players to catch up. Also like you said, most feats have actually no relation to skills, teamwork, difficulty, challenge, etc. Most feats are just to-do lists, chores and such put in place to pad bad content. The developers know damn well that new content doesn't offer much longevity, that's why we get those ridiculous "Kill Doomsday 100 times" feats.
    • Like x 4
  16. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

[IMG]

Agreed.
    I put in the time, money, effort to get everything maxed out so I could fly in like Superman take out the bad guys with ease and stop "insert any lower tier bag guy" because that is fun for me. When I wanted a challenge I step up to top tier or elite content. Something for everyone. So when that choice is taken, when I am stat clamped down, when I am losing what I enjoyed, earned, and was the reason why I even signed on to play to begin with I am rightfully upset. They took something and I am no longer getting what I paid to play. I enjoy playing my way and I have the benefit of actually having joined and paid based on getting to play the way I want. They took it away. These are not hard concepts to understand yet the usual suspects keep pouncing with increasing bizarre replies as if I have no right to my feelings and the actual facts. I MUST agree with them or else be chased around the forum.

Testify!
    I did those feats for one reason to get insanely super powerful so I could enjoy RP with friends and feeling like a true Superman. It was ungodly repetitive, boring, and not fun at all. Others may love it. There are people that their life is this game or gaming. I'm not judging them or insulting them when I say I have a life outside this game, a very rich life which is why it took me a long time (years and years) to max out.

True.
    The feats are not at all more accessible. They take significantly longer to get due to: Time in content, stat clamp, restarts because of stat clamp making it harder and people rage quit, players that will not follow whatever rules there are to fight whatever boss, the wait time to even do the run because it can still be a ghost town, massive amounts of people just quitting because it takes so long and they need to log out for whatever reason, etc. I had a much easier time before stat clamp of getting groups together and of course lower tier would be a breeze as it should be.

Well said.
    I am curious how this will play out long run.
    • Like x 6
  17. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Sears Roebuck and Co.
    • Like x 2
  18. The Con Dedicated Player

Just wanted to thank you for reminding me that Doom Patrol season 3 came out today.

:)
    • Like x 2
  19. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

One could say Sears relied on brand loyalty for too long and didn't attempt to attract new customers and attrition got to them. (through not innovating, not establishing an online presence, not changing to fit the market).
    • Like x 2
  20. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

They also relied on the brand loyalty to excuse their abuse of their customers (i.e. Sear’s point of view was that no matter how badly they took advantage of their customers, the customer would stay with Sears out of a sense of loyalty.) Eventually those loyal customers became fed up with Sears mistreating them so they moved on.

Plus there was the sheer arrogance among the top management that caused the company to spiral down from one of the greatest retail conglomerates (Retail / Allstate Insurance / Discover Card / real estate properties in all 50 states) to not even a shadow of its former self.
    • Like x 3