Triple Role Powerset?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by catplaysxoxo, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Ergotth Committed Player

Trolls also help a lot through debuffs and Crowd Control, don't forget that, especialy Quantum, the stuns are just SATISFYING, and can make up for the lack of a tank in battles where the boss is manageable but the mobs swarm you everytime, so having someone able to paralize and weaken the hordes can be much more reliable than a player who will just pull all adds together and give the healer a hell of a headache.

But I do agree trolls could use more impact, perhaps even be a "replacement" for healers if you can't find one. Take for example Wakfu. This game have two kinds of sustain: Healing and armour. The later is essentialy a different HP that covers your current life, can give you up to 50% more life if you're fully healed, is a fixed value and isn't affected by healing buff/debuffs, so while it won't recover your HP, it will hold off damage for you, and thats something trolls could be able to do, put some sort of "armour HP" over your own so you have time to recover on your own, wait for Soder Colas and Orbital drops to cooldown, etc. We could have a limit of how much armour one player can have like perhaps 25%-50% HP depending on role.

Balancing-wise, Armour HP could only protect you from Direct hits. Poisonings would bypass armour (since those are usualy smaller numbers and easier to avoid)

As such, Trollers would have 3 major functions: Speed up power regeneration, Debuff enemies (which is an indirect way to buff all players) and increase our survivability through "temporary heals".
  2. Dev72 Dedicated Player

To say "no one cares about trolls" is a obtuse way of thinking when the community still shouts for buff trolls specifically, when there are lack of debuffs on targets that are capable of healing themselves with high amounts of defense and damage output, and when mechanics require it that occur in game.

I have seen full on wipes if a troll dies, especially in elite content even with people who can manage their power.

Notwithstanding the statement, trolls do need a revamp or content/arts should be revamped where if a group only requires one particular playstyle for the troll role, they are penalized for the lack of the other benefits. (e.g. claw and other buff arts gimmick or otherwise are adjusted where the buff is significantly reduced without also a power troll in group, or buff arts only work when there are Rao, scrap, and parasite artifacts continuously present in group; and the buff is immediately extinguished at art swap.)
    • Like x 1
  3. The Equalizer Well-Known Player

Pepperidge Farms remembers. ;)
  4. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

For the record, anyone who understands the game, the utility of the troll role, what they can do for the team does in fact care very much about trolls.
    I will concede that tanks/healers are more “needed” or “vital” but trolls are very valuable and add an amazing utility to a group.
    Through thorough testing, my results (i was timing runs in duo’s and alerts) show that everytime my troll league mate was trolling, the instance went noticeably faster. Faster to the point where even when i had my dps buddy who has a copy of my loadouts and does almost as much damage as me couldnt push us out faster then when i benched him an brought the troll. This even was the case in duo’s.
    My equivilent dps buddy and I were only getting through the duo moments faster then when my troll buddy went with me.
    Trolls are amazing!!! Yet not as critical of a role is all but dont sleep on a good troll, they are game changing
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I quantum tank at times as is lmfao (no joke either).
    Plz plz plz give me that option lol man that’d be shaweeeeeeet
    • Like x 1
  6. Xibo Loyal Player

You mean a Controller Atomic, or a Tank Water or a Healer Earth? I'm in favor on this but won't happen!
    • Like x 1
  7. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

God forbid. Would be much better and easier get rid of roles. Most people in dcuo not good enough for second role, so additional 2 will be nothing more but pain in the *ss for everyone. With current buffs you almost not need roles in old content, so... pew-pew-pew>hold block>pew-pew-pew>...>gg wp.
  8. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

STOP hurting my FEELINGS!!! LOL!! XD

We're becoming more and more obsolete with each episode. :(

Other roles can self sustain Power pretty much by now. Debuffs kinda don't matter as much anymore because player DPS is just so strong. Let's not talk about Damage role stacking. Stuns/Crowd Control Effects aren't what they used to be. Items/Abilities that replace the responsibilities of the Controller role.

Tank says: I can stun the enemies myself with this item I made. Pretty neat, right? :D Oh, I can also keep enemies stunned myself if I keep using THIS attack! Go do something else Controller...like give me Pow...oh, wait...nevermind. Just leave.

Damage role says...well, actually they don't say much of anything...they can't seem to tell the difference from an enemy that's been DEBUFFED and one that hasn't. The burn is just that strong. Doesn't even matter. They can also self sustain well enough to not need us.

Healer says: Oh, I have this artifact. Don't worry about my Power bar. I'm good. Just keep that enemy Debuffed...oh, it's dead already. Good job peeps!! Uh...good job Controller...I guess? Well, hey...you sure did keep that enemy stunned for a whole 3 to 4 seconds before it hit me anyway. Good thing I can heal so much and I can self sustain my Power bar. Don't worry...I don't think you're useless. I just...yeah...

Controller role needs a total rework to give it some sort of importance again. We're not even needed in Alerts hardly ever. I guess raids are gonna be next. -sighs- :(

Controller role in PVP...nevermind...I'll end it here. -facepalm-
    • Like x 2
  9. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

If I could tank as celestial I would … I’d like it to work like atomic tho… not sure how they could do it but definitely want this
    Also I would make every power set mobile while in animation
    • Like x 2
  10. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

11. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

You took the words out of my mouth and I agree it does need a rework.
    Maybe they can release trolls only for survival mode LMAO
    • Like x 1
  12. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I always wonder what a Sorcery Trolller would look like lol. Constantine maybe haha
    • Like x 1
  13. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Haha rite, and wasnt diggin on u, just wanted to express my love affair with good trolls since u gave the opportunity to haha.
    • Like x 1
  14. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Sorcery Tank your pet is the same size as John Constantine giant golem

Sorcery Troll could be a mystic book that restores power via spells or cast spells from the mystic book that debuffs enemies and empowers your group.
    • Like x 1
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Umm, been here a little while. Never ran with anyone that used Word of Power outside of PvP. :)
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

We don't need trolls for power. Trolls now, with the correct artifacts, buff the dps. That is there main purpose besides getting pick ups. Having a troll that can buff might or prec is what they are there for.

Bad healers and tanks cry for power, not the ones that know what they are doing.
    • Like x 2
  17. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

Trolling is in a great place. Seems like part time trolls and players that ignore history fail to realize it.
    Cease the complaining about buff trolls.
    Back then, everyone whined about being a battery.
    Now there's several controller builds, it just happens to be that buff trolling is recommended due to meta.

Those that want to change troll role have no idea how to properly utilize the role and this is coming from someone that can perform every kind of troll build with all arts at 200.
    Simply put, you all lack the imagination and funds to use what's already available.
    • Like x 1
  18. Ryll Committed Player

Triple roles within powersets? Are we playing the same game? That just means that a majority of the game population would still only DPS...and not play either of their optional roles available. I think a small percentage of the population would actually utilize a 3 role system. The rest would be "I only DPS" scrubs that currently overrun the game.
    • Like x 1
  19. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Completely agree, there’s definitely nothing wrong with troll, if anything, there’s something wrong with the content, since recently, it has demanded the troll to do anything specific, like in pce
  20. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I have to disagree, many players would custom build they loadouts just to play around with, I know I would, and this is all speculation on your end that a "small" portion of the player base would utilize such feature, this is coming from someone who casually dps and have more dps characters then support role characters.