TANKS/Healers please stay away from Duos..please!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Beat, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Except you are being an a**hole smh you just cant see it.
    Also a tank left by themselves could be for many reasons, i assure you, its NoT proof others hold such a selfish/stupid view on support roles as you. That level of selfish/dumb is reserved for only the EXTRA special.
    Use LFG an get a duo partner, prob solved, your welcome.

While im at it, im willing to bet your one of the oens that goes in a raid with a tank/heal an cries about the job they are doing or talks down to them because they dont uave enough sp eh?
    Well, if so, let me explain how sp works……..
    You get it from doing content and some of that content is DUOS.
    There is literally zero reason to not take a tank/heal in there with you. If your a decent dps (and lord help me, you claim to be such a good one) then it dont take that much longer than using 2 dps’s.
    The only way its even very noticeable is if your a trash dps like most out there.
    I just cant get over your thoughts on this coupled with such a high ego on ur dps ability……… so contradictory
    • Like x 2
  2. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Lol solo dps i can take amazo in elite down to about 1/3 health in just the beginning few seconds…… so yea, give me the tanks an heals. We will be in/outbefore you and whatever rando dps u get with you lmfao
    This is just hilarious
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Lmfao i will solo heatwave in less than 5 min so again, yup, i will take a tank/heal in there all day everyday while u nickel an dime with 2 cruddy dps “constantly burning”. You do that and i will actually burn the boss for real with my tank/heal making so i aint gotta even move lmfao please keep your examples coming, this is great…..
  4. BumblingB I got better.

I just read Beat's comments on the Flashback Duo Elite.

o_O so first boss he thinks he will be permanently powered removed? A) Switch to weapon combos with brawling. It actually pretty effective and you can lunge. B) A tank doing 0 damage is a joke and you are hyperbolically exaggerating it because you think the fight will take longer.

In regards to Heatwave, oh come on. You are kiting, which is EXACTLY what a tank does. You can't do optimal damage while doing it.

Boy, just put me on ignore in game. Characters are in sig. So we can avoid each other. I dps, but I'd totally go role if I randomly queued with you.
    • Like x 3
  5. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

My issue, if you were ever to run into me (not likely I don't tend to go into elite content where more than one person is running it) is that you don't want to have me DPS. I can pretty much tell you I'm going to do nearly as much damage as a tank as I will DPS, because I am bad at DPS'ing. You brought up the heatwave fight... even while tanking there are times I get stuck in an animation and get killed in it. Took me a while to get the mechanics the first time I ran it (couple days ago was the first time), but I could do it easily as a tank now. As a DPS I would be thinking too much about what I'm doing and I'd get stuck in combos and ohko'd. Where if I'm a tank and I am less likely to mess it up, even if I got stuck a tic too long, I'm not dying immediately.
  6. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Uh oh, i ran a duo yesterday with a healer......everything was just fine. :eek:
    • Like x 1
  7. |The 3rror Committed Player

2 reasons why i think this post was made either you have really bad burn and just portray yourself as a good player or you just want to be carried
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

As far as I'm concerned, I've solo'd the Queens Row elite duo plenty of times so regardless if the other person is a DPS, troll, healer or tank, they're helping in some way. I guess I do have a slight preference for another DPS but that preference isn't anywhere close to being strong enough to crap on someone else's experience. Either way, it matters very little to me.
  9. Saami Loyal Player

Tanks and healers are helpful in duos imo. Controllers... I guess their mothers think they are just as good as anyone else :)
    • Like x 1
  10. BumblingB I got better.

OUCH!

Debuffs and stuns, this alone makes a huge difference in duos... I battle trolled a lot of the runs I did of the elite duo. Shaved off about 2-3 minutes, as things melted fast. I took a small break during its release and farmed the instance.
    • Like x 1
  11. Magnificent Loyal Player

I would rather have a decent healer than a poor DPS, any tank or a troller. The only problem with a healer I've found is when facing Amazo (but it's not much different than a fire tank) when he absorbs their power. The self-healing Amazo vs 1 DPS and a healer makes the fight a slog even if both players are on the ball and taking out the bot the moment it spawns.

Having a healer in the Heatwave fight pretty much guarantees me a win as I can burn him down by myself as long as I have a counter to the AE (from not doing the consoles).
    • Like x 1