Would keeping your health or defense "Unclamped" made the random Omnibus que a better experience?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ghost27Xog, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Ghost27Xog Well-Known Player

Just wondering??

I understand ..we'll who would need a tank then??

Tanks still would keep aggro and their niche ect..

But those random Q's don't have proper roles que up a lot of time anyways and its seems that the damage attacks were the main reason for the clamp ..so why not keep the defense and health unclamped??

Thoughts and thanks in advanced✌️
  2. Lugo Well-Known Player

there's nothing fun for me about some 1000 CR DPS destroying the game while you and the team get killed by all the ads they spawned but didn't feel like one-shotting

even tho you can still blow through things with strong enough DPS, playing the game is much better when you have to play it
  3. Plowed In Loyal Player

This would throw the overall balance off. Tanks would have to exert very little effort, healers would be bored, dps’ wouldn’t need to avoid damage or block.

I don’t think it’d be helpful. Think Godzilla smashing through the city, but with pillows tied around his fists.
    • Like x 2
  4. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

This is rich. I asked a similar question a while back on a different thread and quickly got attacked for it. Good luck. High CR players MUST BE CLAMPED in ALL of THEIR STATS! No compromises! I personally don’t buy the argument of the previous 2 posters but theirs is the prevailing rational for why a high CR’s health must be clamped as well as everything else about us. We’re not wanted in lower content anyways.

So no, all stats must be clamped for the enjoyment of others in the game. Just look at your group’s composite and if you don’t like what you see, there is no harm in leaving that group for one better balanced.
    • Like x 1
  5. Plowed In Loyal Player

Feel free to disagree, do you not see it being an issue?

If I have 6000 health and get hit for 2000, wow

If I have 200000 health and get hit for 2000, eh

That’s not even scaling the hit for increased defense…that 2000 would probably drop to 200…compounding the impact.

Scaling everything keeps the “integrity” or “balance” of gameplay. I wouldn’t want to learn to play under one set of conditions and then be totally overwhelmed with a different set at end game. They’re already giving an EEG buff, is more needed? (D-pad up and scroll down to your active buffs to see in an instance).
  6. Saami Loyal Player

I have quite an opposite opinion. Less health and defence, but little bit more oomph for damage.

That would make roles more needed while still being able to run through as fast as now. Assuming people want the game to force them play other roles than dps. Im not sure, if forcing to play in certain way is ever good.
  7. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

No I do not see an issue with that. My damage and everything else is clamped. Having my full health stats doesn’t make anyone else’s enjoyment of the game no less. It’s just like with the World bosses, a high CR will survive an attack that a low CR wouldn’t. Should all players thus be lowered to the lowest common dominator then? I worked hard and earned everyone of my stats. Your side won, be happy we’re dearly clamped but don’t expect me to be happy about it .
  8. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

It would certainly set up a false expectation of how higher level raids would go...giving the newer player an unrealistic expectation. If you are a tank, and you're unkillable (which the stats he points to up there would absolutely make you unkillable) it makes the new players job incredibly easy to the point where he's not relevant anymore. After all, your tank is likely to be able to damage quite well based on how the nerf actually works. Tank specs all his SP into might/prec and has offensive artifacts. Could likely solo an alert.
  9. Plowed In Loyal Player

We can disagree. Are you having difficulty with specific content? If so, which?
  10. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Enjoy the game. I will enjoy EP. 42.