Handling Rude Players?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SethZoulMonEl, Sep 19, 2021.

1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I was running some tier 1 content this morning and had one member of the group talk down to the rest of the group twice (two different players) today. I'm curious how other people tend to handle rude players. I get a little more frustrated with them than I would like, but I am at least learning not to respond in kind as I get older.

How do others respond to players who are disrespectful in game, e.g. calling players derogatory names for not playing the "right" way?
  2. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

I let my foot do the talking. & ive even tagged in an alt to do an additional kick. I dont let that behavior slide
    • Like x 6
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Add them to ignore. If you feel that it’s to much and deserves to be reported than take a screenshot and send it in as an email to their official email that I added to my signature
    • Like x 5
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I did ignore one of the two since his actions were more egregious. I would report him, but I haven't had much success with that making an impact in the past, so I think ignoring him is probably the best course of action.
    • Like x 1
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Toxic players can be reported via email. toxic@dcuniverseonline.com

If you feel that would be too harsh, you can always put them on ignore and mute them in voice, but I'd say report them. I will also leave a group, but if this person is doing it to all 3, if you initiate a votekick I bet they will vote with you.
    • Like x 8
  6. Serene Level 30

I usually block them, if notice the rudeness from the beginning i would just leave the solo/duo/raid, in case they are throwing a tantrum and start being mean to everyone i would agree to kick him/her out of the raid if he/her deserve it. That's probably why i prefer doing stuff only with my league mates so i dont have to put up with ppl bs.
    • Like x 2
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The player was skipping all enemies and expecting the rest of the group to follow suit. When we did not as much as he did, he essentially threw a tantrum. Rather silly considering most new players tend to chase red dots and this was a tier 1 instance.
    • Like x 2
  8. Irvynnge Loyal Player

yeah, he / she's a dick. there's a lot of it about, these days. boot them, then add them to ignore.
    • Like x 4
  9. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Well....

It is that type of behavior that prompts a kick from the team, an ignore and a toxic player report. It is one thing to get a little frustrated, but quite another if that frustration is due to lack of communication BEFORE STARTING A RAID. No one, and I mean no one, is a mind reader. A few seconds of a player's time to say, "Hey, I want to just speed run this mission; what do you guys think?" does not hurt anyone.
    • Like x 2
  10. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

If peoples are rude I either ignore them or leave the instance and never look back.
    • Like x 1
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

That's the thing, though. It probably was only a few minutes longer due to the other two players wanting to clear adds more. I stayed back and helped some and tried to get them to follow me skipping. We did skip ~60% of the adds in the instance, so it wasn't like we were back fighting everything. He just wasn't patient at all about it.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It would depend on what you mean by not playing 'right'? If 'right' means using a certain LO or doing something that might make a run take .05% longer (like picking up a brief or killing an add that isn't absolutely required), it's rude...so the level of rudeness would dictate my feelings or response at that point.

If by 'right' you mean repeatedly doing something that will wipe a boss fight, or doing things like re-starting a boss before everyone is ready...or playing a role they are 100% not doing correctly (healers who don't heal...trolls who don't troll...etc). Yeah, some rudeness might be warranted. Generally after less rude methods have been used, but yeah, I can see some 'you suck' talk coming their way if said behavior continued. If it got overly personal or ignorant, it still might warrant an ignore or kick, but again....it's somewhat situational.
    • Like x 2
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

There's a reason I put "right" in quotes when referring to the "right" way. I was referring to something very different than ignoring mechanics. I was referring to players who think everyone should play like they do, skipping adds, rushing through content as fast as possible, etc. Some of us enjoy taking our time and playing the instance the way it was originally intended to be played.

Don't get me wrong, though; I don't mind skipping if that's what's agreed upon within a group. Blind queuing into content and expecting that with new players who are experiencing the content for the first time is unrealistic. That's likely especially true for the Batman instances. New players are probably pretty excited about those alerts/raids if they're Batman fans. It's ludicrous to then call them names for not following along at warp speed through the Batcave.
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Kick and then add them to ignore. If the group doesn't vote to kick then leave and add everyone to ignore.
    • Like x 1
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

In this case, I didn't learn what the player's issue was until the final boss fight when he chose to use the sleep emote through the fight and not help the group. Without wiping, we couldn't kick him. We managed to get through it with just the three of us, but we did have to let the fight reset because I didn't realize it was just the three of us until after I hit the EMP just a second or two late and the OMACs restarted. We lost about 33% of our damage with him out of the fight.

I honestly didn't understand that behavior. Why rush, and then not participate in the final fight to prove some point? Seems unproductive if he wanted to finish as quickly as possible.
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I can't say what I want to say because Mepps will slap me with another warning but I will say this is one reason why I avoid pugging.
    • Like x 1
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

Snarky humor. It annoys them when you don't back down and hold your ground.
  18. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I tend to confront the rude player, most of the time the person is simply frustrated that something didn't go right so they lash out at the one(s) whom they perceive to be the problem. Usually I can calm them down or they leave on their own accord. However, there are those times when the rude person is just an arrogant sot and the only way to deal with him is to kick him.
    • Like x 2
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If you are mainly talking about speed running and people who don't know how to do that, you could have just said 'when people don't skip adds'. This is something that came up a lot early in FP DLC because of RwR's very skippable adds. Doesn't change the fact people don't need to be rude about it when someone gets caught, but it does eliminate the other types of 'right' or 'wrong' play you might have been talking about.

And for that specific situation, it would again depend. A few of my toons are going to be tanks or healers in there. If someone was blowing ahead of me and being a 'duck' about it, I'd probably just let them. When they hit the next batch of adds and I'm still back helping the guy who is NOT skipping, I'd say their rudeness will be rewarded properly. Might even save me a kick vote when they leave. But again...it would depend on the level of rudeness. IF it's just 'ugh...you can just skip the adds'...I think that's a reasonable level of frustration to rudeness....if it's "HEY A-HOLE...SKIP THE FRIGGING ADDS OR I'LL BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN"....welp....not so much.
    • Like x 3
  20. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

It is more than just skipping adds that this happens with, though. "MORE POWER!!!" "It would be nice if tanks knew how to pull." Passive aggressive, derogatory remarks don't help people learn either.