Triple Role Powerset?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by catplaysxoxo, Sep 10, 2021.

1. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Would it be possible or would it require too much work and testing to get this implemented?

A triple role powerset that lets you be a DPS/Tank/Healer (no one cares about trolls LOL) similar to ESO you can pick any class and you can then play any role such as DPS, Tank or Healer. What are your thoughts on this?

I suggested a White Lantern because it's the perfect setup but so can Fire as it has healing abilities, can dps and tank. I forgot to mention Atomic is in the same boat. You know we been advocating for new powers but we or I as I should put it have accepted no new powers but a powerset that has abilities already in-game such as Legends. Hmm too much work not enough revenue. Is that what really comes down to?
    • Like x 5
  2. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

The funny thing is every powerset by nature can be any role (excluding the Lantern rings).

They should just make every non- lantern power have triple role mechanic to them, like as it was during beta or something.
    • Like x 1
  3. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Yessssss I think we would have more fun and more options to play a certain role if we like a certain powerset and not play that powerset just because of certain role it has with it.
    • Like x 1
  4. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Yep and think about it, we wouldn't be so limited in finding the right roles if this was the case, lfg and shout etc. would be less stressful, but I think all this should take is a bit of a mathematical problem solving and we should have this mechanic.
    • Like x 1
  5. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Exactly, having all the powersets with triple roles capability would be a mathematical nightmare to have to go through lol but I can also imagine how much freedom we would have and the enjoyment.
    • Like x 1
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I and many others have suggested having all roles available for all powers many times. Off the top of my head I don’t remember a dev every replying. But I could’ve easily missed something. And HL can tank too!! Don’t exclude us!!! I can see rage reinvigorate others with rage “troll” lol. So don’t go around cutting lanterns short!!

But whether WBs let’s them is another story unfortunately
    • Like x 1
  7. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

No one cares about trolls till the tanks and healers run out of power and colas are on cool down....just saying.
  8. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Everyone can manage their power, trolls are mostly needed for buffing the group and debuffing the enemy. If you can't manage your own power then you need to fix your playstyle.
    • Like x 3
  9. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

You say no cares about trolls yet a certain troll build is capable of damage, power regen, a little aggro with decoy and Diana ally and healing although on self heals
    • Like x 1
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

It's still common for DPS's to be backup tanks. But most people don't know back in the day if they had an empty slot they'd run Word of Power.

Call forth lightning to damage and knock back nearby enemies. The summoned lightning heals you and restores Power over time to you and up to 7 group members.

This was popped when a controller went down. So technically, yes some of us have already had triple roles.
    • Like x 1
  11. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

You really think that the proposal is fair with the redesign that the game has just undergone? the instances are already longer because of this new system and you would like to have no more troll? lol
  12. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Can you quote me exactly where I said no more trolls? I said "no one really" cares about trolls unless it's to buff your group or debuff the enemies. Other MMOS use the holy trinity of dps/tank and healers. Why would the instances be longer now if the point of the update is to have support roles be used more instead of a DPSUO? LOL no one even countered my argument about not needing a troll for JUST power as you can manage your own power and if you can't then YOU need a better loadout or change your playstyle. I see an Atomic tank as all three because you can do damage, aggro, heal yourself and you should be able to manage your own power. There are other powers that can do the same such as Fire.
    • Like x 1
  13. Sentiency Well-Known Player

If I could be a Sorcery tank or a Lantern healer I’d be on the game SO much more than I already am haha. I love the idea of triple role powersets.
    • Like x 2
  14. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

OR, we could keep trolls and let people play how they want to play, use whatever loadout that they want to use and enjoy using, and not have to worry about cookie cutter loadouts that only work a certain way.
  15. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

My word isn't law it's just an opinion in threads like these and I'm not against trolls either like I said we only need them if they are buffing the group and debuffing the enemy. Power can be managed by anyone.
  16. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

For sure and it's one of many reasons why I like ESO. Imagine being able to tank using Quantum or Nature or a healer as a fire powerset o.o so much fun!
  17. Grim931 Committed Player

My opinion, but I think they should scrap roles altogether. It never made sense to me to have them in the first place, it's a DC superhero/villain themed game. I hear people complaining all the time about both how hard it is to find good support roles and also how boring it is to actually play those roles from myself and those that do.

I think support features should still exist, but merge both the powers and gear into a singular role. Have attacks that can offer a range of either self buffs/heals, group benefits, or crowd control. The benefits should coincide with how much damage that ability does, less damage equals more support. From there, you could also open up the powers to be more creative in how they play because they wouldn't just be limited to one specific job. Groups could be more flexible depending on communication and loadout set ups without relying on specific roles as well.
    • Like x 1
  18. Ergotth Committed Player

When I saw how Atomic was changed from Healer to Tank in the original plans, I though to myself "you know what... Atomic fits every role! You can be a sturdy tank by altering your density, you can heal by triggering regeneration, and since Controllers are all about crowd controll and debuffs, radioactivity and transmutations can sure give you a lo of debuffs and stuns!" and that triggered all sorts of way other powers could "cross-role", like Fire being a magic healer with phoenix-like healing flames but at the same time, theme-wise, its pretty hard to see an Electric tank or an ice healer, these powers all have their own aesthetic that nails their current role pretty well while very few are "generic" enough to fill other roles but the ones intended.
    • Like x 2
  19. Nangaf Well-Known Player

For me troll really need change, need to be more support role than now, like other mmo. Artifact for troll who give some power,might really need a boost do make this role good, maybe some skill who you just need to active and your skill who give i dont know more critical, another give more power pool, i think artifact suck and you dont really need a troll in you team, so maybe need to change. I remember the game Rift were you need a support role to give many active boost to your team. For me it will be very great if they change troll role because now you dont need trolll because passive regen power is too fast, in 2011 you really need a troll in your team for power but now you dont need !! So maybe troll need to change .
  20. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

I imagine Fire Healing would utilize Steam Therapy & cauterize, & Fire Troll would use Smoke to confuse & control the enemy
    • Like x 2