Finishing my Flashpoint OP Back

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cerulean Osprey, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

Hi! I'm finishing my OP back. Oddly enough, I finished my STU OP Hands first.

I'm currently at Level 22, so I'm close-ish, but still a little far away. Still need:
    • Coluan Transistors,
    • 9 Overseer Neural Nets,
    • 3 Flashpoint Brainiac Datamatrixes.
    But based on your experience, what has been the most efficient way you've found to get them, content-wise?:
    • I'm willing to grind & replay the Elite Duo, but only the Regular Alerts/Raids.
    • I don't have enough money to buy stuff in the Broker.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

A mix of running alts and buying catalysts/food from the vendor.
    • Like x 1
  3. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

The FP dailies are where I had the most luck with the first two. If you have alts, I would consider farming the FP open worlds to try to get these done.
    • Like x 2
  4. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

Ahhh, thanks guys... Don't have an end-game alt, but I'm going to consider level'ing it up for farming purposes.

Do we know if the odds for getting drops are better for Dailies vs Duos vs Alerts vs Raids, vs Normal vs Elite?
    • Like x 1
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I don’t trust that ham & cheese sub in the vendor, it looks like what didn’t sell over at the hospital and got recycled. =^_^=
    • Like x 1
  6. Monkeyboy Committed Player

If you're willing to replay the current elite solo or alert, if RNG is smiling on you, you could sell any Dark Matter or Bleeds and finish your back in an hour or so. The Overseers were the pain out of all those catalysts.
  7. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

Good point. I did take a look. 1 Dark Matter on the broker could be worth 8-10 Coluan Transistors, depending on how things are priced.
    That's certainly a route I can take.
    • Like x 1
  8. BumblingB I got better.

I was pretty lucky to get a lot of the materials very quickly just by doing the weekly open world and the duo elite daily. I've got a lot of the EXP I just put in the league bank.

I'm having a problem getting the bleed energy cats for my hands though. :(
  9. OnlyNomad The One Above All

• For the Coluan Transistors: I straight up buy them off the Broker. They're relatively cheap right now (Usually under 1million).
    • For the Overseer Neural Nets: Same thing, buy them off the Broker. They're usually around 1million to 4million.
    • For the Brainiac Datamatrixes: These cost around 30 Wayne Tokens each, running your daily and weekly missions should net you enough Wayne Tokens to buy roughly 2-3 a week.
    • Like x 1
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

One thing I did this time is I had several alts who were slightly below the 322 'regular' payout level. Anywhere between 310 and 318. Because the boxes stacked this time I just let them stack, only opening gear that dropped in instance content I couldn't stack. I did this for a few weeks (months on 2 of them) while I ran the dailies and weekly outdoor missions. Eventually all of them hit the 322 level, and I could now open the 45 to 195 daily(depending on the toons) and 20-50 weekly boxes I had built up...all of which COULD contain the overseeers I needed as they were now opening 'full' value as well as base mods and aug cats and +1 token on the larges due to the fact I had leveled the head augs to 11.

Alts are definitely the key to avoid the replays and spending money in the broker.

This goes double for seasonals.

I haven't really started the hands grind yet. Too much dependence on running STU stuff on toons I don't want to run it on. I own them on a few toons, but only one is past the first breakthrough. I'll get there way before I hit 250 raid count though.
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Pfft the counter feats smfh
    Those i guarantee will
    Sit unfinished along with the BFE duo’s
    Theres just no way i care enough to run this content that many times. I need just a little renown more an im done runni g the raids at all. FOS2 was sweet but i hate inner an cant see a WW raid i’d like unless its gates, gates elite would be sweet