SERIOUS problem with elite content in this game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NotMeMaybe, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Lol im dying
    • Like x 1
  2. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

I believe they are very careful with how challenging they make any sort of difficulty level in this game, because when something seems to be too hard, some players are quick to complain about it and begin demanding nerfs to the content.

So, maybe they are taking the initiative in making elite content easier since this seems to be the pattern:
    1. Elite content is released. Players attempt it.
    2. Players feel it is impossible to complete because too much happens. Too much to pay attention to.
    3. It gets nerfed so the Elite content in question is more approachable by players that like more of a "tunnel vision" playstyle.

They take the initiative by releasing the "Elite" content in an already nerfed state, assuming they will have to nerf it in the near future anyway. I can't blame them if this IS the case.

In my opinion, Batman Save the Universe Elite Alert (Family Reunion) feels like the "Normal" version of this content when it was first released so many years ago. Normally, when you stand in one spot and LET the big Paradox boss monster slowly charge at you with a big swing, you get one shot. If you just stand there and let it happen...you deserve it. That should be basic/normal gameplay...but it isn't in the Normal version. The normal version allows you to stand in one spot, and get hit by 2-3 Big Swings from the Paradox boss...that should be Event Difficulty.

The ELITE version we have right now should be the NORMAL difficulty. Give us an entirely NEW Elite version of this Alert with more things to pay attention to.
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Because more one shots = superior content?
    • Like x 2
  4. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

This is a understandable point too, I think the best thing the devs can do at the moment is make sure the ladder system that was introduced with ffe becomes a mainstay
    • Like x 3
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Says the one continuously misrepresenting.
    If i missed where you asked for clarity then my apologies, all i have seen is you accusing me of saying the opposite of what i have said.
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The main reason it flopped with FFe is because they released it under tuned. Next time, they should release stage 4-5 in a similar condition to an 8 player STU PZe. :D
    • Like x 2
  7. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Misrepresenting who?

I did, go read my initial comment. I never accused you of anything but instead stated that you seemed to be implying something in your comment. Which is why I wrote something to the effect of "Maybe I'm wrong?" so that you could correct me if my interpretation of your comment was false.
  8. zNot Loyal Player

The 5 stages should come again in the next episode as charon said they learned alot from the choose your own difficulty system and next time it will be tuned higher hopefully. Having 5 stages should leave room for alot of difficulty increase which wasnt properly or at all utilizied last time they did it.
    • Like x 1
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I'll let everyone in on a little secret... if normal content was harder they wouldn't have to nerf elites after release. This game has 3 levels for a new dlc. Event/ normal/ elite. So it goes like this everytime:

Players don't want to run event because they get crap drops or they're over cr to get all coins. So they go to normal. Normal isn't allowed to be difficult anymore because those same players that would want to just stick to easy mode are basically forced into normal mode. So the nerf cries start. Once those cries start, it pushes the players that would be happy running a bit tougher normal mode into elite because normal has become so easy. So those players start the nerf cries. Vicious cycle repeats.

We all want a fix? Here it is:

Event becomes what it is right now. A normal raid that requires roles and the possibility of dying is still there. You can come back into the fight endlessly tho like events of the past. Scaled for players with minimal builds. Which is normal level these days.

Normal becomes a baby elite. More health on the bosses, one or 2 true 1 shots and that's it. Enough to challenge most players. Scaled somewhere in the decent build range/ or great build range without artis/ low level ones. So if some OP players run, they'll do well but not smash like they do now. Right now, grodd dies in a good group before any single player can get 1 rotation in. That's not normal. That's easier than event.

Elite: set it up for built groups with 120 artis type builds. Now that we have levels, set them up to be incremental till last stage which can't even get beat on test by tac swapping groups that run together often. Then by the end of the dlc, if no one has beaten it, turn it down 1 notch. Just add in some tank mechanics to force 2 tanks like the old raids. Or split the group like fos2 except make it so you actually need dual roles. Worst case, no one plays those instances cuz they can't find enough roles. Pay 1 extra coin per level. Increase rare drop chance 3% per level. Done.
    • Like x 2
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The way you describe normal though, it’s already like that for most players. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Grodd die as fast as you describe.
    • Like x 1
  11. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

(This answer is solely the opinion of the person stating it)
    YES!!! XD
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well, elite’s that way. I like playing a character that can take a hit, so normal’s good for me. :)
    • Like x 1
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Normal is like that right now. And it can be a challenge in pug life. The problem is, either the devs need to make a 4th setting or the cycle continues. So if normal was difficult enough to present a challenge to well built players, they would likely stay in normal vs trying to pug/ lfg a new elite. If that group fails repeatedly, the nerf shouts start. If they had a bit if a struggle in normal, they'd never even try elite. Like back in the day. Everyone's screaming for nerfs now on content that some of us had to stay in for 6hrs to beat once. Not saying that has to be the norm, but that should be the elite norm. As is right now, normal is sooooo easy in end game. No challenge unless you have a terrible tank or healer. Mayyyybe troll.

For grodd, a bunch of us run elites and get renown and whatever feats/ drops then that's it. We run reg to get our coins once the challenge is gone. So we went in with our "big gun" crew. Literally 1 rotation. Granted that rotation included tac swaps, supers galore, buffed orbitals/ supply drops, and battle tank/ buff troll/ no healer but still. Wouldn't have lasted 2 rotations per player without all that stuff.
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Again though, this is actually what happens. Normal can sometimes be a bit of a struggle for me, so I don’t touch elite, not even with my league. You can’t tune a difficulty level to the ability of people that default to the level above it.
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Ok, so if event level granted you same rewards as regular but now required roles, which would you run?

(Remember, event now has same difficulty as reg just endless ability to die amd get back in the fight)
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I don’t really want the ability to die endlessly. I’d start having dissociative episodes like I did playing T6- content before the clamp. I want to try a bit. :p
    • Like x 1
  17. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

You're hurting my feelings.

Stop hurting my feelings.

Controllers have feelings too. :(

Why are we no longer LOVED or NEEDED??? LOL!! XDDDD -sniff-

Oh, how the times have changed. You remember the days when groups would actually NOT queue the instance until they found a Controller?

Gosh I miss those days. :(
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

No one loves a troll more than me. But they don't generally cause wipes if they're terrible as long as the other roles can adjust accordingly. I don't care if it's a buff troll or power troll, if I don't see debuffs, I'm an unhappy dps. But yes, trolls are still very important to a lot of us. The majority of the player base doesn't understand what a great troll can do and it's sad. I'd take a troll over a tank or healer in alerts
    • Like x 2
  19. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Lol well, you don't have to die endlessly. My point is that this is all a "poop runs downhill" conversation. The game is set to be too easy which makes players believe they're ready for the next step. But the step from normal to elite is more like a flight of stairs. So they want a few more steps put in but the players that find elites easy are left high and dry
  20. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

My hero is Mike B. Feel free to hmu on the rare time im on my hero. In the meantime you can check out old school Plats YT, Crappy Heals video, or you can dps comp me to learn more about me. Or if you come correct I can go ahead and give you dps or heal tips. I can even help you get that flash duo speed feat or show you where the bat signal is.
    • Like x 1