SERIOUS problem with elite content in this game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NotMeMaybe, Sep 16, 2021.

1. zNot Loyal Player

Thats the only way to make it difficult though when they did artifacts they shouldve been aware of this.

But changing the design alone will have a big impact ideally also they have to consider that elite players have r200 artifacts.
  2. zNot Loyal Player

Absolutly,all Rolls have OP artifacts,the most noticeable are the Tanks and healers these two rolls overperform alot these days on top of that the content doesnt even focus really to offer difficulty for these 2 rolls
  3. Proxystar #Perception

That depends on how much of an issue it all really is.

You say 'everything is too easy' and you say it in a way that implies "it's too easy for everyone".

Realistically the number of people in that position may be a lot smaller than any attempt to change anything warrants.

The developers are the ones that have the completion data, they know what their target audience is and the elite content by and large continues to sit roughly there or there abouts where it always has.

That tells me at least, that the devs are comfortable with where its at, despite any complaining coming from a few vocal "elite players" on the forums.

I would hazard a guess with the next DLC we'll simply see a return of the difficulty slider and with any luck it'll be less buggy next time and go some way towards appeasing your request in any case.
    • Like x 1
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Then we agree that it's not the content but the players that cause the perception that it is too easy? Because you can't have it both, otherwise you are asking for a true pay to win scenario.

(I'm not going to argue outlier content that is either broken, exploitable, or really is a loot pinata with a single death restriction, as those will exist but does not encapsulate the whole.)
    • Like x 2
  5. zNot Loyal Player

Its multiple things

Design first of all and artifacts break this further even with OP artifacts and scaling Elite raids correctly would help too the devs can give us a challenge but letting us play a elite raid with 5 DPS(whos single target DPS are broken good already) and a buff troller AND designing the content DPS centric is making the problem 10x times worse see what i mean?

A good example is false idols Elite first boss this is what i would expect to see,the current raids are no where like that designed its just all dps centric which further enhances the OP artifacts of DPS.

They need to focus difficulty more on the Support rolls (Tank mainly) and have more support rolls in general in the group.
  6. NotMeMaybe Active Player

With the devs we have its always 1 step forward 2 stepd backward.

They tried something with flashpoint with stage 1 2 3 4 5, this too much and bad design.

FFe normal isn't much different from stage1 wich isn't much different than moderate and so on.

DCUO now needs a different whole new difficulty significantly harder than elite to keep endgame players engaged in the game.

You don't even need new dlc gear to complete new dlc raids wich doesn't make any sense, it doesn't even motivate you to grind to become stronger since everyting can be done day 1 with minimal efforts, no communication or no real strategies with a random group.

So it is extremely frustrating for leagues with players full gear with a big knowledge of their characters, high artefacts, using vocal Chat?? This is just wrong, and it makes players frustrated to do not have a carrot to chase, and not exciting at all to play something that doesn't push yourself/your group/your league to itd limits.

Daybreak are continuously losing players in this game especially endgame players quitting everyday and selling their accounts. The game is 10 years old, it seems like over the years losing every single day old time players does not bother you.

We keep giving you feedbacks every single dqy but everything is ignored, anf it seems like you keep taking only feedbacks from a few players on this forum who don't have the necessary knowledge to attempt endgame Raids.

Result? You are not prioritizing your veterand players and nerf the content to make it a cakewalk.

I'll finish with this, Batcave inner Sanctum elite, we have killed 2nd boss in less than 1minute with a totally random group,and killed last boss in less than 60 seconds, this without any communication or particular strategy this CANNOT be called ELITE content lol.

This is how you want to keep endgame players engaged? With this literally non-existent challenge, you gonna lose again a ton of players.

Give us a new difficulty with higher cr gear to buy if we complete the highest difficulty Raids.
    • Like x 2
  7. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

This is where my argument comes in about artifacts needing to be more accessible at the higher ranks to more of the community without being incredibly expensive in the process.

But it is really much more about the content design. Most or all mechanics in elite content need to be a 'do this or you/group dies or takes large damage' situation. And this should to be fair be telegraphed clearly so players learn how to go about these types of mechanics going forward.

We get this in some content in this game but MUCH more basic than it is in FFXIV endgame content.

Mechanic tutorials would also help.

I recently started doing this with both DCUO and FFXIV in this YouTube series I am working on:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyEPK5bKqj_nE4M-XucChJQXbJnEZuB6u

Would be even better if there was something like this in-game, to teach players how to go about certain mechanics.

If the game had more of a learning curve in place and put in by the devs then there wouldn't be as big of a divide in the community regarding elite content as there is currently.

For example a player could queue into an ON Duty instance and enter a boss fight. There would be text explanation and perhaps voice over explaining the mechanics. There could be a boss with a series of rocks around him. When the boss skulls you are advised to stand behind the rock to evade the attack or you will take large damage. There could then be special ranks you could acquire, confirming you have undergone training over specific mechanics.

Another example. A player could enter another instance and face a group of adds, but they need to focus one. The tutorial could advise you to use target lock to focus ST damage on only that particular add rather than necessarily the other ones, and this could change. There would be an indicator over which add you would need to target.
  8. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Oh agreed, now i would say that variety in design is better then equality in all occurances.
    What i mean is, i’d like to see a scenario where even 3 tanks are needed, and others where maybe 3 heals etc.
    The potential variety is endless really.
    • Like x 2
  9. zNot Loyal Player

Yea i wouldnt mind if its 2 for each roll in Elite raids absolutly! i mainly talk about tanking difficulty because i think the tanking roll is very unique and has the most potential to increase difficulty to,high tanking difficulty will also effect healing aswell as trolling difficulty so focusing on tanking difficulty is crucial,proxystar
  10. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Since we’re talking about artifacts, these Gemini circles are ridiculous, I don’t notice any other artifacts being too good
  11. zNot Loyal Player

Gemini yes,page of destiny also. These are OP.

And the Tanking ones are not completly OP like the ones above but they make staying alive x times easyier since we have 3 of them and each combined it adds up to be OP.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

I actually think it's a little exclusionary if they design content that requires 3 of any role, including damage. So Throne Elite needing 3 tanks as an example, meant that it was hard for a player to get into it. The same for upper rounds of SM, where it was essentially tanks and healers via armories.
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I need to keep this reply handy cuz it seems like these posts come up weekly now...

Pre built team enters the new raid for the 1st time ever. Tho it's the 900th run they've done as a group. Pops compound. Pops buff cola. Pops candy. Checks to make sure all league buffs and white mods are active. Sorts out all 8 tac swapping artifacts, rank 200 of course. Makes sure to call allies in while sd/eog/NVB/berserk are active. Buff troll here? Check. Eog spamming healer? Check. Eog spamming battle tank? Check. 5 dps that could melt this solo? Check.

Say it in unison now.... this raid so fn easy
    • Like x 4
  14. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I don't know why you have this preconceived notion that I have some ulterior motives with our conversation. I literally said that I could've been wrong when I interpreted what you said and wanted you to clear things up.

Maybe if you weren't so defensive about everything, as if everyone's trying to come at your ******* with evil intentions. There's no tactics evolved whatsoever, this isn't mental warfare.

Next time you try to take jabs at people about their coherence or their intelligence, make sure your sentences aren't riddled with 2nd grade grammar mistakes. Makes you look like a buffoon.
  15. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Difficulty is fine. There's no need for another layer of difficulty setting. If you want a harder game this is not the game for you.
  16. zNot Loyal Player

Wow,great arguments. (Sarcasm)
  17. OnlyNomad The One Above All

[IMG]
  18. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Not everyone, just u.
    Your lying through your teeth putting words in my mouth in a lame attempt at arguing, plain and simple.
    Lying is a tactic (its a pathetic one as anyone can read what i have written) but its a tactic none the less.
    Sorry your the one using lying on me for whatever your reason is but thats on you. You can keep lying an attempting to make it about me but its still on you.
  19. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Are you that dense on purpose? I explained to you in my initial comment that I interpreted your post in a certain way. I even asked you if I was wrong in an effort to clear things up incase I misread or misinterpreted what you said. I never lied, I simply stated how I interpreted your comment about Elite content.

It's pretty obvious now that your reading and comprehension abilities are on par with your writing skills.
  20. Sentiency Well-Known Player

I haven’t read the majority of this thread and maybe I should before commenting so I don’t start any arguments here but I’m just putting my own experience and don’t feel like reading 10 pages.

Majority of pug groups I’ve encountered cannot complete elite raids on the first attempt without wiping let alone at all. If they can it’s usually because they are carried by support roles while dps are scoreboard chasing, often ignoring pickups, not fully following mechanics, etc. The full weight of the raid is left on the shoulders of the support roles who are all now required to buff the dps be it by eog spamming or buff trolling, all while still fulfilling their core roles of healing, giving power, and tanking.

With all of that in mind, obviously it’s going to be much easier for people who do everything together, all have max artifacts, mics, coordination, are all following mechanics, are all buffing up, etc. And it should be. You have everything maxed. For the majority of other people though, the elite raids are difficult. I personally think elite content is pretty challenging and exciting with the right teams. I don’t see the “serious” issue with elite content personally.