SERIOUS problem with elite content in this game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NotMeMaybe, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Random Mind Dedicated Player

If you want more of a challenge, unequip your lvl200 artifacts, use less stat points, put on the bare minimum CR gear, go into an elite raid with random people or maybe delete any mods on your equipment. There are plenty of ways to make content more challenging rather then have the devs changing the game just because you find it too easy.
  2. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Locking meaningful progression behind an unpopular, overtuned raid created a mass exodus from this game.
    • Like x 3
  3. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

If you're not going to use the stuff you earned what's the point of running the content in the first place? The whole point of progression is to make your toon better, so that you can beat content.
  4. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Agreed. I am only offering suggestions to the OP to make elite content more challenging. I have a lot of differing experiences playing on a variety of toons, even though they are all at least 340 CR. A fire tank with high SP and arts plays different than sorcery DPS with low SP and arts, so challenge is in the eye of the beholder. If you climb to the the top of the mountain you can either enjoy the view or find another mountain.
  5. Proxystar #Perception

was just reading through some more of this thread as time permitted and it comes as no real surprise that you're in here like the broken record you always are, continuing to spin your usual ********. "oh elite's too easy, oh make it so tanking is so insane hard I'm at perpetual risk of cheap nasty one shots"...

The reality is most elite raids are not completed by the bulk of people on the first day, they're certainly completed by some, especially the top end elite leagues who play in no groups other than they're incredibly closed cliques and leagues.

They do that because they know this provides them with the most seamless way to quickly complete the content. They also want to and like to brag about these accomplishments, while at the same time complaining how easy it is, only after they've completed renown and/or even cheesed their way to feats.

The amount of "elites" that do this then demand buffs and fixes is laughable.

Now at no point do I necessarily advocate for super easy elite content, but some of elite players and I'm lumping you in this bracket because of what you say and how you behave on the forums, but you need to cut the toxicity.

You might not like this, but Qwantum Abyss is right, you can't balance content around the people at the top of the pyramid and he's also right that if you stood outside of your small sphere for even a moment your view would immediately change, but your posts in here indicate you have zero intent in doing that because you see it as "babysitting"...
    • Like x 3
  6. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

^ this. whole world changes when you come down outta that fortress surrounded by a bunch of 200 art 500+ SP leaguemates...
    • Like x 3
  7. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

your timing is priceless.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

9. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

Aren't you the kid who spends his whole day in trade chat? Like 12 hours a day when you should be finding the bat signal with your 200 sp. Kid go get that oolong speed feat and then come here and act like you're somebody who we should listen to.
    • Like x 1
  10. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

Tbh I wouldn't be against more fun mechanics or phases in boss fights, aslong as it clear and concise but in FF14 they also have extended abilities you learn and use when you level up. Giving more choice of abilities to use in battle would also help if dcuo did what FF14 did by unlocking more abilities as you progress and level up to use and I do mean new one's thematic to the power I think that adding more mechanics would be viable.

But at the moment it does not it would need a structure overhaul. No good when you only got 5 healer's and not all are capable of putting a 8 man shield up. (Looking at you nature and somewhat celestial).

But ranting aside. It's difficulty is okay could it be improved for sure but it is okay, but as couple have said leave you your premade groups and explore outside. Also budget plays apart aswell as some people not paying for super hard content.
    • Like x 1
  11. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

The problem with this game is it lacks direction. Early game was hard but not too hard. To me old T4 was perfect. Gates was tough but not impossible. Same with HoF raids. Prime was the real challenge. But we didn't need 32 versions of the same raid polluting the que tab that already works slow as it is. OC was an amazing dlc but people complained. Back in the day you had to actually beat raid bosses to get the best gear. Now best gear in vendor appeases the casuals and people who don't run elite who feel entitled to best gear without putting in the work. How about how many times they have changed how basic combat has changed. WM, AM, Revamp, Artifacts and now allies. Gear mods went away. Augments got introduced. Remember when revamp was going to take us back to pre WM hybrid dpsing? Instead it turned into a flurry shot spamfest. Theres a reason every YT video only has flurry shot dps. You might see the occasional elec or gadgets might player but thats just because they refuse to drop money on changing artifacts. They changed the whole meta for trolls. Now everybody wants the crutch of a buff troll. Egg spam has taken the 8 man shield away from healers. Geez I miss my group transducer. Remember before replays? Now its common for a tank to hijack a group begging for a reset. Im js, this game has underwent massive changes every 2 years or so. That cant be good for sustainability. Not to mention you got a small portion of the forum members who are dev apologist. Theres Satan, Dr Suess dude and Gun guy who praise everything the devs do while they are mediocre players in game. This game straddles the line between hard challenging content and brain dead content because that's what they have did for years. At this point its just out to get you to spend as much money as possible for a 10 yr old game that still has broken pvp, rendering issues, I havent seen my movement mode in like 2 years, and we still have bugged out cogs in alot of content. Damn this is like an actual rant.
  12. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

Lol. Bruh im max cr and 630 plus sp. Rocking a legit og aura that i didnt need to glitch stabilizers for. You can keep your billions in fake dcuo money, I think ill be fine with my couple of billions and rep as a solid player instead of being the clown in trade chat who has begged every top tier league for a roster spot.
  13. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Not angry, not bitter
    Said the opposite of what your attempting to say i said.
    Re-read so u dont look so supid tryin to take everything i have said out of context.
    Theres much better tactics you could use, like honesty, or like forming a coherant agument. Try those an get back to me
    • Like x 1
  14. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Scaled up aint the issue (at least i dont think). Plenty in there can kill ya an kill ya fast. I think your spot on with the design being bad tho. Roles need to be more needed.
    Scaled up would only counter the damage dealers. We have enough crappy dps’s in this game as is. I want more roles to be needed and preper design can force this
    • Like x 1
  15. Canadian Justice Committed Player

The biggest issues with elite as things currently stand are it's DPS centric nature (fully agree with zNot on that point) and the absurd amount of exploiting used to get through it. Both FoS and Inner and perfect example of exploit your way to success raids. Quite frankly, neither of these raids should have been released in their broken and exploitable state.

Maybe the devs should shift away from elite as improved progression and start looking at alterante reward structures. Have unique gear styles, pets, base items, auras, chromas.... and so on as rewards. All high value, highly desirable type items. That way those that enjoy the difficulty and challenge can have content they enjoy while getting great rewards for doing so. And by removing progression from elite, it could be made absurdly punishing with little regard for the average group or their experience. But so long as elite remains tied to progression, there's always going to be turmoil over how hard things should be.

The alternate rewards wouldn't necessarily even have to be completely exclusive. It could be like SM. Instead of renown you get a new "something" currency that can be used to buy these items. And have a marketplace option for some of the more common elite rewards. But keep some "wow" items exclusive, at least for quite some time.

The devs always like to say that they like to try new things. It's pretty clear that there's enough people that believe elite isn't working. Whether it's the "elite is too easy" crowd or the "elite is too hard" crowd, it's a common forum theme that there is great unhappiness with elite. Maybe it's time to try something new.
    • Like x 1
  16. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I like that you think the sad little metrics you cling to in order to feel like something matter to anyone else except you.
    • Like x 5
  17. Proxystar #Perception

I'm just speaking generally here, so nothing personally directed at you by any means.

The part I agree with also is the often bad design, but not entirely, some of it is community driven and might also be because other areas of the game, dare I say it, probably need a nerf.

There are artifacts in this game that in my opinion could/should be nerfed, but try telling that to someone who perceives themselves as having invested $200USD in something they view as "pay2win" but then ironically tell you it isn't lol, even if nerfing it would be best for the game, (looking at EOG and I'm sure I'll get hate for it)

Have you ever seen those runs where people are spamming more circles than there are fleas on a stray dogs backside? Is it any surprise runs are going to be easier when everyone's spamming a broken imbalanced meta.

If you're going to force 2 roles then in my opinion it should force 2 of every role. If you're going to force 2 tanks as an example then healers and controllers need to be forced as well to maintain parity. It isn't acceptable to suggest content be scaled to force tanks but then hold entirely separate double standards towards those other two support classes. That's an issue I generally take with zNot, because he's always focused solely on the experience of a tank and not a more holistic one.

In saying that though, I think often there are times where a lot of groups could be using 2 tanks to make it easier but resist doing so because it's not seen as "cool" within the elite community, there are definitely some people within the elite circles that see anything but solo tanking as a "reflection" of how bad a tank might be, despite the fact already doing so makes it demonstrably easier; it's just "frowned upon" by the super hardcore elite cool kids, not everyone of course. :D
    • Like x 4
  18. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

You're confusing me with someone else who sees through you.
    • Like x 2
  19. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Lmao
  20. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

We didn`t get a hard raid or even a well designed one in a while. Yeah, yeah, this Episode wasn`t developed from scratch, but they could have balanced it better so people have more to look foward to. Jack said having elite and challenging content was one of the main reasons players were so loyal to the game, yet they have failed miserable to deliver that since FGS.

I really feel what the game is lacking the most to increase episode quality is long raids with multiple bosses and mechanics. Every raid right now is very predictable on what you have to do and very straight foward, there aren`t complex mechanics like Dox or boss variety like DWF and Nexus or big places with many mechanics like HoH and FOS2. Not everyone enjoys challenges or complex raids, but having them (alongside challenging feats) increase the episodes longevity a lot.

The next episode really needs to be step up on raid design (and really everything), after having 2 Episodes straight with 10 minute raids and 1 with reused content we need something new and very well developed.
    • Like x 1