Save the Universe Content Is An Outrageous Time Sink

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yass Queen Hyppolyta, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Yeah it's a bit of a grind patience wise lol, but I agree with the cinema option skipping to be a vote thing etc. I'm just saying you really don't need to do Alerts, especially if you have replay badges to blow.
  2. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I like the teen titans training simulation they should add that instead.
  3. OnlyNomad The One Above All

The point I think Yass is making is that in the case of STU, there's no alternative to acquiring those lost marks. No open world missions (that's how I've always seen open world stuff). Your progression is directly tied to how effectively you can run STU daily and weekly. By skipping the Alert, Solo or Raid, we're limiting our progression.
    • Like x 2
  4. OnlyNomad The One Above All

If you want to effectively progress at a reasonable rate, you have to run the daily content. That includes the Alert and Solo.
    • Like x 1
  5. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

That is true, infinite time for varying situations, you get home from work bingo, you get home from school bingo, you get home from practices bingo, done with homework?......;)
  6. OnlyNomad The One Above All

You definitely don't have a spouse and kids with that ideology, lol.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Limiting is not stopping though, it's a slow down but it is still progression, hey I'm sorry if it's my casual nature making me look kind of confused right now so my apologies if that's what it is. Haha
    • Like x 1
  8. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Well assumption is pretty close, but not quite there, the analogy was targeted towards players who are of that status since most people would argue that the bigger crowd who plays videogames are those who are of a single Marital status.:)
  9. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Once the stimulus control behavior is rooted in the subject's subconscious the task can be modified. The subject will perform less appealing tasks without modifying the reward. :)

• Like x 1
  10. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I agree that our progression isn't stopped. My main problem is that the choice of content for STU wasn't maybe the best choice? I like the feeling of quickly progressing my characters, unfortunately with the STU content, I've had to put alts on the backburner and that's my main issue.

Older content was definitely more creative but also longer and more sluggish. I've gotten used to the faster paced content and with a wife and kids, it was definitely better for my situation. Just sucks that I amongst others can't sink our time into our alts.
  11. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Understood. :p
    • Like x 1
  12. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I can relate but I play casually so time doesn't really bother me, you just have to try your best to organize some time for your alt's, at least that is possibly the only helpful advice I can offer, because like have been saying in other threads, mmos are bound to change and for the most every/most developer's dream is to have players more engage and playing longer.
  13. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I do remember them saying they'll try to fix the sluggish feeling of older content. Hopefully that's also applied to STU and not only Omnibus. We probably won't see the same complaints with Episode 42 since it'll be new content, I think the recycling of old content for STU plus it's sluggishness were big factors in all of these complaints about STU not being alt-friendly.
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, but blow them on what? 87 a pop for a likewise excruciatingly long raid? See that analogy works for Legion, where the HQ alert I HATED....no, Hated is too mild a word...DISPISED WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING, that's better. So yeah, 87 a pop to run a few extra COUs to make up the difference was fine...but Inner? Nah, sorry...that's like saying 'better than a stick in the eye' when the alternative is an equally sharp but also expensive stick in the other eye.

Holding out hope that the 3rd STU section will be better. A good group in ToTD will be quick runs and if just doing 'counts' in the alert, I'm hoping event can be split down the middle to work on both sides at once. I'm not a fan of spamming, but I'm less a fan of spamming painfully long and boring content. I'd have loved the WV solo in that content, but as long as it's not the iconics...no worries there. At least I can go grab a beer...from the store...during that final Hades diatribe at last boss. Here's hoping I'm still awake by the time the door opens at least 1/2 the time.

Seems like they went with every piece of content that was the worst choice...intentional? Maybe.
    • Like x 2
  15. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Me and some league mates speculated that they choose the most sluggish content related to the trinity in order to fill the time in-between Episode 41 and 42. It's a genius move when your plan is to feed the player base some recycled content.
    • Like x 2
  16. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

See here the Developers are mmo developers which means they're always aiming to keep the players grinding, so they would choose the most difficult raids for us to revisit and collect our rewards from, it sucks for someone who is in a rush but that is what mmos do lol, and totally with you on the beer moments, although mines is Coors light;), so look at it this way If you really want to reach that finish line the developers won't hold back since it's their job :), also that explains why the monthly content never worked out as well, remember that? players were complaining about how light and lackluster it was.
    SALUTE!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Ultimately that's a choice each player has to make for themselves.

But when they make their choice, they should be willing to own that choice and everything that comes with it, good or bad.
    • Like x 1
  18. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Can we at least skip cutscenes and stuff? Jeesh. Watching Martha or whoever have one booby smaller than the other is not what I wanna see every time. And that painting, oh my, that poor kid. Too many monologues in that alert. Definitely won’t be running it for more reasons than just deflated misery.

Can’t wait to do the ww stuff, besides ttod, like the ad skippable alert.
    • Like x 1
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Being left behind to die in the OC ops is still amazing fun. 10/10 instance.
  20. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Maybe they should just make the StU version of Family Reunion begin at Gotham already.
    • Like x 1