Save the Universe Content Is An Outrageous Time Sink

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yass Queen Hyppolyta, Sep 16, 2021.

1. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Man, I couldn't agree more. Me and my wife both play and honestly we used to love how ALT friendly the game was (except for artifacts but ya know ;)) . Now we just both agreed to just do stuff on our main and that's it. It really is hard to keep up with all the grindy systems and now with the outrageously long content, it's even harder.

I love the game and wish I could sink more time into it but it's just not feasible anymore.
    • Like x 3
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

Yeah, I found I stopped playing alts after artifacts. I've finally got my main's main and alt roles maxed for artifacts, but I'm not really sure I want to do that with any of my currently mothballed alts. I may just hoard in case a shiny new whiz-bang artifact comes out so I don't have to be months behind the meta curve.
    • Like x 2
  3. MrWood Well-Known Player

To be fair, you are correct. This isn't a DLC that took a lot of time to come up with. It's filler content while they work on something else, or think of something else to work on. We are in year 10 and they haven't added "vote to skip" for all cut scenes? Like come on. There are several little quality of life changes that would have made this episode way more bearable. Anything new wasn't very thought out. Allies are..... in need of serious work.
    • Like x 1
  4. MrWood Well-Known Player

This is a terrible response. Sure you can use this argument for Omnibus, but not STU stuff. We are playing for that top currency of Grains. There is no skipping when you can run it daily. You are either about that grind, or you aren't. So, telling someone that is about that grind to "just skip it" is a irrelevant response. You can criticize if something is bad.
    • Like x 2
  5. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I've never said no one has the right to criticize content, I was offering other ways to avoid the "pain", so if this is a terrible response, I must be the head of dimensional ink.;) and I'm not. But that is your opinion sir.
  6. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

But your reply makes no sense. It's like someone saying "I'm hungry" and you say, well you can always do some fingerpainting.
    • Like x 3
  7. OnlyNomad The One Above All

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  8. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Here is an example of what I mean, say you have to go to work in a hour or so, I was suggesting being that the alert takes time, you can run the solo or raid which is quicker lol. And in your spear time you can always finish the alert, I wasn't saying to skip the alert from a grinding standpoint.
  9. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Ok but personally I interpreted your initial response like "Well if you don't have time, don't do them and **** off". Maybe I misinterpreted it but it feels like that's what you meant. lol...
  10. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Not at all, lol I'm well aware of some of you guy's dislike of the update etc. but I am not that type of person who would go from thread to thread to attack someone because I disagree with their perspective and opinion, I was more so saying if something irritates me to that point then maybe I would put that on my backburner and run other instances for the time being, hopefully this clarifies my stance.:D
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Is it 5 now? It was 3. Solo is 5 and is also very long and will be crazy annoying with the beginning part where you have to tour the iceberg lounge just then watch a Ivy/Harley cutscene again and again and again.

BTW...you forgot to mention that if you are on a PS4/5 every one of those zone teleports in Fam means you have that many times to crash and disconnect....fun fun fun.
    • Like x 3
  12. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Understood. The issue is that STU is tied to progression so kind of hard for those who want to progress to just put it on the backburner. If it was Omnibus then it would be a different story,
    • Like x 1
  13. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

If you want the counter feats, you have to do it
  14. OnlyNomad The One Above All

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Not right now maybe later.;)
  16. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Progression is infinite when you make time for yourself, which is why I mentioned doing solo's and Raids, imo I've never cared for Alerts too much, only Raids and Solos. The only Alert I liked was Trigon's prison, Themyscira Divided, and League Hall: Security breach.
  17. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Unfortunately, some of us have responsibilities which can limit our playing time and ability to progress. To have that problem exacerbated, is quite frustrating. I don't think asking for the ability to skip cutscenes is too much to ask, especially since it's an actual feature in the game.

I love Alerts, Duos and Raids. I really hate Solos unfortunately but I also happen to really like the story behind Family Reunion but it's a really long Alert and it's not alt-friendly at all.

Edit: Neither is the Solo, the useless part in the beginning along with the pointlessly long cutscene. Can't see myself running it on multiple characters everyday.
    • Like x 2
  18. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Word salad.

STU content IS the progression content. Honestly if there were a couple open world weeklies/ bounties instead of the daily/ alert grind counter weekly I'd care less.
    • Like x 1
  19. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

It's not "word Salad" because everyone progresses differently from one another, I can skip Alerts like I have been doing and still progress, it all depends on if you want them extra marks etc. But you always have an option was the main point of me replying to your thread, especially if it's a pain in the butt for you.
  20. OnlyNomad The One Above All

But... but, but progression is infinite when you make time for yourself. :p
    • Like x 3