Save the Universe Content Is An Outrageous Time Sink

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yass Queen Hyppolyta, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

i thought FoS2 and Phantom Zone were absurdly long but then there's Family Reunion with its 6? 7? separate zones to warp into, tons of chasing around and long cut scenes. Yes, it is a half an hour run. For an alert that we're meant to complete at least 5x a week per character for the weekly. IS is also quite a long raid and then there are of course the maddeningly unskippable, protracted cut scenes of Iceberg Lounge.

It's as if no thought whatsoever was giving to player experience for this "dlc." This episode is an absolute alt killer and really starting to turn me off from the game more each day.
    • Like x 12
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Don’t forget potentially having to start all over again because you got blue screened during one of those teleports. :(
    • Like x 10
  3. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Yup. Seriously, these are all so mind numblingly long and prone to issues that each instance should register twice for the counter feat and the weekly mission and each instance should drop double rewards.
    • Like x 5
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I don’t want to smack talk the instances or the decision to use them. I’m just so afraid of crashing during Family Reunion that I don’t know if I want to run it. :(
    • Like x 3
  5. spikeat Well-Known Player

I didn't run my alts through FOS2 due to the length. Every time I think about running a DPS alt, I always consider completion time if the group is slow and if I had enough play time to wait it out. PZR wasn't that bad, my main completed it in under 10 min and alts under 15 min.

Family Reunion has always been long and never been one of my favorite alerts.
    • Like x 3
  6. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Family Reunion is fun but it's longer than most raids. The rewards should match that.
    • Like x 6
  7. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

It is pretty long, but there are other options out there.
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah I’m sure it’d be great if I didn’t have to worry about crashing.
    • Like x 2
  9. Ryazan Dedicated Player

It's one of those alerts that I just don't wanna do everyday.
    • Like x 4
  10. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

Phantom Zone wasn't that long of an alert, about the same as the others. I've done it with mostly pugs for the past week and we get through it in about 10-13 mins. I ran 4 toons through it this morning and I was done within an hour. I will agree with FoS2 though, I ran a run early this morning right before restart and even annihilating things with some top tier DPS it took us 23 mins. Family Reunion shouldn't be too bad either. I remember doing 15 min runs back when it was relevant/latest content. Inner Sactum was a motherf****er though, that raid is long af.
  11. spikeat Well-Known Player

Agreed, I spent 40 min re-learning Family Reunion Elite for 100 renown, when that time could've been spent in an elite raid for 1000 renown.
    • Like x 1
  12. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

There are literally no other options to earn current episode rewards.
    • Like x 5
  13. Apollonia Dedicated Player

It's almost like some of the other options presented instead would have been better for the game and make and keep players happy...
    • Like x 5
  14. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

You can do the raids and solo as well, you really don't have to do the alert if it's this much of a pain.
  15. BumblingB I got better.

At least the Wonder Woman ones will be faster....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All jokes aside, if StU comes back around regularly, there will be a lot of this going on.

I'm probably going to do lockout for the weekly quest on my alts and do the daily ones on my main. Not enough time to do them. PZr is a 12-15 minute run on a premade team. I'm expecting double that with my league in FRr.
    • Like x 3
  16. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I actually enjoyed how the game allowed me to play without being too time consuming but with Episode 41, everything feels like a chore. Ran Inner Sanctum Elite only to be stuck at the end because we couldn't speak to Batman, all that time wasted. Family Reunion is abysmally long with those unskippable cutscenes.

I feel like there's better option for Batman content that isn't so sluggish. I definitely don't want to run that god awful Family Reunion every damn day.

Also, how is Iceberg Lounge related to Batman in any way? Am I missing something?
    • Like x 4
  17. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

This was covered in the original post. Try to keep up.
    • Like x 3
  18. Jcal Dedicated Player

Family Reunion is a long and interesting one, for sure. That's why we loved it! It was also super tank friendly back in the day. I already see shouts for tanks @LB. :)
  19. OnlyNomad The One Above All

This whole thing really isn't ALT-friendly and that's bothering me.
    • Like x 6
  20. BumblingB I got better.

The whole game isn't alt friendly. :(

As a working adult, time has to be allocated where I could. The entire FP dlc had me just playing one character. During Legion, I was doing 2. I was on break for most of WV due to work other real world problems.

Artifacts is and will always be, the biggest non alt friendly part of the game and paying to max one is even worse. Like the Allies system on crack.
    • Like x 5