Why the Next DLC is the most Important DLC of All Time…

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, Sep 15, 2021.

1. the solowing Steadfast Player

I didnt get clarification, because their logic isnt sound. You like a game for having something that you hate another game for adding in.
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

There’s a big difference between something being present in the game at launch, and that something being added ten years after release. Especially when it’s being added to a different game. That’s not unsound logic.
    • Like x 3
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

They are both there for the same reason. To prevent players from destroying instances. Except 1 is fine and the other is not?

Is the feature fine on its merits? Or is it not fine because how you were affected personally?
    • Like x 3
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I can't even begin to understand how this is still going on. And now it's just going on in every thread. Look at my batman cape! Is it clamped??

Solowing, things have changed. Literally, that is what happened. Someone not liking the changes is perfectly ok. Let it go, it's getting creepy. You don't need to defend the clamp, some like it some don't. But tiff is not wrong in their reasoning, the game has literally changed, ff has not. One game was built one way, one wasn't. They preferred old style and will probably quit as will some others. It happens.

Back on topic, yes this next dlc is make or break for a ton of players. Problem is, we're still months away from seeing it and there isn't much going on to keep players here. I'm still just running solo and alert a day and then raids once per toon. That same raid I've already done at least 300x and now I have to run it 4x a week. Wheeeeeee
    • Like x 2
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

That is so not relevant. Was 1 game designed with clamp in place? Yes or no. Was dcuo designed with a clamp in place? Yes or no
    • Like x 1
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

a clamp is a clamp, its merits is what you should be looked at, not how it only affects you.

If you can understand and agree with it being it in your other game making the experience more consistent for everyone, but then not want it here, due to retroactively adding it in to make the experience more consistent because your progress so far is now being affected.

Its not a principled argument, its arguing for what in your personal best interest because it suits you.
    • Like x 1
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

No, it is not. When something is designed to be a certain way, that's what you expect to happen. You grow accustomed to it and love it or leave it for your own individual reasons. You did not like unclamped for your own reasons. Tiff doesn't like clamped for their own reasons. Neither of you have to agree and neither of you have to care what the other one likes. I may not leave because of the clamp but I may leave because it's been ignored post after ignored post in the bugs section. Do you want to talk me out of that?

But this is all irrelevant. The game added something that wasn't there, that is a fact. You can continue to evade questions (yes or no remember?) but in the end, tiff is not wrong. One game sold them what they've always sold and another sold them something and then changed that to something they don't like
    • Like x 3
  8. ixiYSOixi New Player

I really hope all these cry babies about stat clamping actually quit so the forums can be quiet. If I see one more “The Con” rant post imma lose it.
  9. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Cut your losses while you can...

Nice alt forum account baby.

You know it's not a solo game right? Good luck playing alone -- or maybe you're on Switch and use to it.
    • Like x 2
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Stellar attitude, chum.
    • Like x 1
  11. ixiYSOixi New Player

People just want to complain just to complain. He plays FF14 which clamps you just like DCUO does but he only has an issue with DC.
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s weird that I keep finding myself arguing against the clamp even though I like it, mostly. (Uh-oh! Am I in trouble now too?)
    • Like x 1
  13. ixiYSOixi New Player

Glad we’re basing the DLC’s success on you and your 3 friend’s daily routines.
  14. Apollonia Dedicated Player

SO you're here to complain about people complaining that something they paid for for years got changed.
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Personally, I hope no one leaves. I hope everyone can find a way to enjoy the game how they want to enjoy it. Things could be much better if players decided to band together vs getting all cut throat and snippy. This is, well supposed to be, our community. A way to express our opinions. Lately, that just means someone will hate you. Guessing that's just how the world is now cuz everyone a sponge.

Tiff, you can play like a lot of us are and stay in end game only and never even notice the clamp. Solowing can stay out of end game and only ever see the clamp. New fake forum account person can run open world solo and never have to be in an instance with The Con. There are ways for everyone to still enjoy the game. Especially if a lot of the reported bugs get fixed. Wink wink.
    • Like x 5
  16. the solowing Steadfast Player

I think DCUO will do what it always does, but i do think a advertising campaign will bring alot of new blood in.
  17. ixiYSOixi New Player

Why are you avoiding the main point? Why do you give FF14 a pass for doing the same thing DCUO is doing especially when FF14 clamps you harder than DCUO does?
    • Like x 2
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

One game did it straight away, another one didn’t do it for ten years. Why is this so hard for some people to understand?
    • Like x 5
  19. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

..... jfc.... this isn't hard to understand. I'm not even the one making these comments but they're rather on point and you are missing the point entirely. Liking or disliking clamp aside, liking or disliking either game aside:

Ff was designed to always have clamped content. (Stay with me)

Dcuo was not designed to have clamped content. (Seeing the difference?)

Tiff likes both games. Tiff played dcuo for near a decade unclamped. Tiff learned to play and enjoy the game that way for a decade. Dcuo added a clamp. Tiff no longer enjoys dcuo. Tiff eventually quits dcuo

Tiff plays ff for 10 years. Tiff was clamped immediately. Tiff learnt to play and enjoy that game that way for a decade. That game did not change anything. Tiff continues to play.
    • Like x 2
  20. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Imagine a post staying on topic? That'd be incredible
    • Like x 3