Why the Next DLC is the most Important DLC of All Time…

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

The stat clamp always existed in FF 14 and Square has never taken away something I worked hard for and diminished it. DCUO clamped me, and thus took away from me something I worked hard for and earned. Now I am working hard to be 10 cr above content. I don’t know how to answer this any further. One company never took anything from me, and the other company did.
  2. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I check the proficiencies and rank up anyone who is deserving a promotion. I check my mail to see if any league members have had any issues, and if so I work to resolve those issues. I also will buy some gold level gear from the Atlantis vendor to turn in for league prestige so that we can have a comfortable bank to buy proficiencies when they expire.
    • Like x 1
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

What is the difference if they both do it?

What is the difference of me going from level 80 to level 15 and having my gear clamped when i queue for a instance in FF14?

What is the difference between DCUO clamping my gear when i queue up for a instance?
    • Like x 2
  4. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Boyy, I never seen players so disturbed in my life, this stats clamps must have really took the confidence/ego boosting from certain individuals, this is what happens when you play a videogame to feel good about yourself, instead of playing a videogame to have fun, I've noticed this lately even with pvp players rather win just to win and not show any sportsmanship, I just like to have fun like the story and lore of these episodes, I sometime includes my character in, stats clamped or not, it wouldn't mess up my experience as someone who enjoys making stories for their characters, many people seems to enjoy the stats clamp since the que rate is substantially faster pre update.

Also saying clamp is fine elsewhere but not here is very bias, a clamp is a clamp experience no matter how you paint it.
    • Like x 4
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

But they are both taking something away from you. Ff14 is taking stats away just like dcuo. However unlike dcuo ff14 also takes away new abilities you get after said level, while with dcuo you keep the other abilities as well as artifact abilities.

The only difference is that ff14 had it there longer.
    • Like x 4
  6. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I think a lot of people feel there was a major bait-and-switch with stats clamp versus how the devs stated for years that you could out-gear and return to content. Many people chose to spend time and money based on what the devs had stated. It's simple to see how many people will feel slighted.

Whether people agree with that sentiment or not, it doesn't seem difficult to understand. My own feelings remain mixed, but I totally get what you're expressing and I think the viewpoint is pervasive among many players, of many different playstyle/habit demographics. I don't see how anyone is having trouble getting your point. (again, whether they agree or not)
    • Like x 3
  7. PHNTM Well-Known Player

I find it laughable that people are trying to compare FFXIV to DCUO and use it to justify why DCUO should do X or Y. They are two separate games and one offers a hell of a lot more than the other, so I think it's best to leave peoples taste for other games out of it and focus on DCUO and how it can help it's own player base.

I liked the fact they expanded the potential for more content for players but they need to improve the system and rewards to keep people continually running said content (new feats, rare untradeable drops etc). They do however need to mix it up with fresh, new content to keep people entertained.
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

Then i guess i should get my 7 years refund on subscription fees, Expansions, and Pre-orders since i HATED the Ninja 5.1 rework. And ive been playing Ninja since the class released. Right? Since im not playing the class i was sold on at release.
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Hey, remember when this wasn’t just another clamp thread? Good times.
    • Like x 4
  10. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I have literally no idea what you're talking about. I didn't say anything about refunds, and I have no clue what a ninja 5.1 rework is, sorry.
    • Like x 1
  11. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

I'm happy with this as well.
    • Like x 3
  12. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I was asked a question about it by Solowing and I have attempted to answer it. DeitySupreme had questions as well which I have attempted to answer. Both are either A) unsatisfied with my answer or B) are trying to paint me as a hypocrite. I hope it is from a point of attempting to understand a different point of view and not a desire to demonizing or trying to destroy someone with a different opinion.

This is why the subject veered off topic.
    • Like x 2
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I don’t blame you, you mentioned not liking it in passing and *some* people just couldn’t let that stand! Any and all dissent must be crushed! It’s psychotic.
    • Like x 1
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

I have no issue with you, im just calling a spade a spade here.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

Im pointing out a hypocritical statement, and you would be no different 9001 if you did the same.
    • Like x 1
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

For what purpose, though? I thought the contradiction seemed a little strange at first too, but here’s the difference. I didn’t completely derail the thread to demand an explanation.
    • Like x 1
  17. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

The game play in FF14 has always been this way for as long as I have played it. They have never allowed me to keep my full stats or all of my abilities. I don’t particularly like that as I will hit buttons on my load out that do not work. But this is the way FF14 has always been at least since I started playing it a few years ago. DCUO changed the game play. It is not like the way it use to be and my effort is reduced to 10cr above content. But screw it all, call be names if you want. I don’t care anymore. It is what it is and I will remain bitter about it. I have work to do.
    • Like x 2
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

Am i wrong for asking for clarification on that contradictory point?
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

You got clarification, but continued to badger them because you didn’t like the answer. That was wrong.
    • Like x 1
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

Ok so youre fine with this contradiction, gotcha. Moving on