This is why people don't like the CR cap.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I hope you understand!
  2. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I am not native to ignorance excuse me.
    • Like x 1
  3. The Dark Kryptonian Well-Known Player

That scene is from Superman 3 not 4, in 4 the radiation poisoning nearly killed him, he was affected by fake green kryptonite that changed his personality. Still not sure how it allowed him to get drunk, that movie was just bad, I mean yes 4 was bad do to those Cannon Group fools cutting thing and more but it had its charm. I liked it and would love a remastered version with all the cut stuff re-added. But 3 had no excuses for being so bad, and people can say what they want but 3 was the worse out of the 2 bad Reeve Superman movies made. The first to were classics.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Starting?
    • Like x 3
  5. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

6. The Dark Kryptonian Well-Known Player

For me I'm not a fan of the clamping cause I have busted my [bleep] to get my SP up, AUGS, ARTS and all that up. I don't mind so much going back cause I can finally get things I might of missed, but it would be nice since Rip is sending back cause something if affecting the past that there would be something different to it.
    No new feats added to the past stuff thank you, I don't need to run that hell again unless its something already there that I (again) missed.
    Also I always felt that it was a big mistake that when you hit 30 you no longer learn new stuff with your powers, weapons, flight etc. And once you hit 30 you need armor to keep leveling, which sucks, I mean yes armor should add to your states but you should still be working towards leveling which would allow you to get better armor. And not k I use this much SM to get this level of armor to unlock the next, which you can just buy SM or unlock Caps etc without actually really doing much.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  7. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

when the heck did adding more feats to released content a week or two later is the normal procedure???
    If I had known that was a normal thing, I would not have returned at all. That's a red flag.

• Like x 1
  8. Saami Loyal Player

Its only matter of time when they make sp obsolete too. Or do they do it already? Anyways cr cap +10 is very stupid.
    • Like x 2
  9. The Con Dedicated Player

Thanks for the correction.

I knew I should of confirmed before replying... and yeah. Classics.
    • Like x 1
  10. The Con Dedicated Player

Yeah... I'd say you're a master of it.
  11. The Con Dedicated Player

You clearly don't understand.

That's EXACTLY how it works.

Yes.
    The bots in this game are based on preexisting characters... but, they remain opponents in a video game... nothing more.
    THEY AREN'T REAL PEOPLE. (I can't believe that this has to be repeated)

Lots of things don't really make sense in this game when compared to the lore of it's source material...

We literally go from getting into a fist fight with Darkseid.. to struggling to fight Riddler's goons.

It's not that some street goons are stronger than Darkseid... It's just that they're the opponents of the next level of gameplay.
    • Like x 1
  12. The Con Dedicated Player

Wait.... How old are you?

If you under 8... I apologize for my tone. You're right.. Superman is gonna punish me.

If 8 - 12... Sorry you have to learn that there isn't really a Superman, at some point. (Once again... if under 8... I'm just joking)

Above 12.... Really?
    • Like x 2
  13. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

This is the part I'm having the hardest time with. This is a character building mmorpg. I built up my character's CR, and now that build is obsolete for past content. I guess I could now focus on building skill points, but everytime I set out to that, there's this little voice in my mind telling me, "hey, they'll just take that away later, too."

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

Didnt they take your thread down because you tend to take personal shots at people? Did you not learn anything?
    • Like x 4
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Came back to this thread thinking there was updated conversation only to find weird anti clamp guy talking to himself.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

They are, by a percentage, not a hard cap. So 40% of level 200, or 400 sp is better than 40% of level 100 and 150 SP. They've never claimed they aren't scaled down.
  17. Miserable Dedicated Player

Not sure what part of my post you're responding to. We're in full agreement. I was replying to Apollonia who seems to believe that those non-gear stats are unaffected by any sort of scaling.
  18. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

My bad, that explains the miscom as I didn't see the original (for obvious reasons I'm sure).
    • Like x 1
  19. The Con Dedicated Player

Who are you talking to? o_O
  20. The Con Dedicated Player

Like we're not taking zings at each other....

:rolleyes:

EDIT:
    And, please keep in mind... I know questionable requirement for you... That all of this is really in good fun.

No one here is really angry or upset with each other.. This just having fun.

And if you don't think it is.... Then, don't engage.
    • Like x 1