A Hard Goodbye to everyone, Bye Dcuo.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GameOnGabeYT, Sep 9, 2021.

1. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

I was like dang me and bumbling always been cool, he sees the new alt name and fades me.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. BumblingB I got better.

We cool.
    [IMG]
  3. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Sad to see you go Gabe, you are one of the good ones this community has; HavenĀ“t posted in a while but wanted to say farewell to one of the OGs that started creating content for the game.

Have a good one bro.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. Ergotth Committed Player

You haven't tried the last bossfight in BoP: Volcanic Mining Facility, have you? Or Avarice Impurity (while not unbeatable, its obnoxious as hell)
  5. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

This game sucks you wont kiss it gabe!
  6. zNot Loyal Player

Dc in its first few years was one of the best games and fun i had nowadays its a completly different game sad to see game changing for the worse (endgame content wise and its difficulty)
  7. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

what games will you play now?

I stay on DCUO because I'm invested in my character but I don't hate the new content, I just feel like it gets lackluster over time which is why I wish they updated powers and animations. 10 years a long grind, I been on since 2013 left in 2014 but came back 2020 so I'm still getting time in. Peace.
    • Like x 2
  8. scotv453 Well-Known Player

I remember my goodbye speech back in 2016 and here I am. Just keep all your stuff. You never know when an update/DLC will get your excitement back up.
    • Like x 3
  9. BorysUSPS New Player

10. thedemonocus Loyal Player

You will be back
  11. jolaksi Well-Known Player

^^This guy speaks the truth.

Gabe you said you played this game for 10 years. I can make you sure with all that time you spend in game its hard cut it out completely. You will come back and continue playing. Maybe not like you used to but you will. Just keep your things before future "regrets" occur.
    • Like x 3
  12. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

At least stay and get your Doctor Fate helmet. Then turn off the lights and take a break.
    • Like x 3
  13. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

:(
  14. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Good call lol.
    • Like x 1
  15. Dazz-252 Committed Player

So basically "I want my God Mode back" because your post makes no sense to me. You could 1 shot everything preupdate and now you can't! So if anything you should be elated with the update and the direction. It caters more to you. Yet here you are apparently leaving the game. That's why i believe your post is yet another stat scaling complaint.
  16. the solowing Steadfast Player

He was upset after they nerfed Khandaq...a 10 year old raid. Because players are failing it hard,
    • Like x 4
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

He never said any of that. He clearly said he's leaving due to lack of difficulty. Clamp doesn't mean difficult. At all. Clamped is still easy.

Wouldn't say we got along but we did share many of the same opinions Gabe and I'll be sad knowing theres one less good sorcery main out there. Enjoy whatevers next
    • Like x 3
  18. Hraesvelg Always Right

I think some people who started the game when it was new and now not having as much fun need to realize...we're older now. Our relationship to gaming, media, and the world tends to change over time. I was in my 20's when the game dropped and I'm over 40 now. I remember spending hours and hours overnight with the league, spending hours and hours in a raid, all that jazz. But I have more responsibilities now. I can drop an hour or two a day, a few more on the weekend. I go to bed early because I have to get up early for work. I also find I'm a little more irritated when things change my routine...but games likes MMOs are always living, changing things.

If you have fun, great. If you don't any more, great. Doesn't always mean that "ZOMG THE GAME IS TERRIBLE!" now. Just means it might not be for you any more. An old book of fables once said, "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." It's sort of natural.

This isn't to say that anyone that STILL has the same relationship with the game is wrong, either. As CS Lewis said about the same idea, "Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

Just saying...some of y'all need some perspective.
    • Like x 5
  19. zNot Loyal Player

It is great but not the difficulty of the content we get in a episode aswell as the quality of that content.
  20. zNot Loyal Player

Dc is not that old