This is why people don't like the CR cap.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Apollonia Dedicated Player

They only clamped stats from gear. Arts, Augs, SP etc are un affected by the clamp.
    • Like x 3
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m afraid that’s not true. In tier one content I have less dom than one of my generator mods.
  3. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Then it should be reported. The dev team has repeatedly stated they were only clamping stats from gear. If other stats are being clamped also it's likely a bug and not intended. I can't imagine they'd change their mind on this.

If they did though, it would be a whole new conversation.
    • Like x 3
  4. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

Honest question for those of you who hold this opinion:

Are you still pursuing feats/skill points? If so, are you at all concerned that the value of those skill points will be stripped away sometime in the future, just like they did to the value of our gear?
    • Like x 1
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

I mean all tiers are getting some degree of action now. Prior if you were outside of 3 tiers of endgame...good luck..
    • Like x 2
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

Why did Appol like this, i don't even understand what your'e trying to say. Its gibberish
    • Like x 3
  7. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

FFXIV
    • Like x 1
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I already brought it up. Got no response from the developers, but another player said it’s intended. I dunno. I mean, my hard light shield was still pretty much impregnable, even as a dps.
    • Like x 1
  9. Miserable Dedicated Player

I think you misunderstood what the devs have said about this. I don't think arts, augs, and SP were ever going to be unaffected by the clamp (unless I missed that, in which case feel free to link it). They said that those things will still help you in clamped content but the actual amount of stats you get would be scaled down.

For example, let's say those sources give me 10,000 might in regular content and you 8,000. If we go into a low level instance, I might get 1,000 might from those sources and you'll get 800.
  10. Apollonia Dedicated Player

On many occasions they said that the clamp would not affect anything beyond gear. If that changed along the way and I'm wrong, that's fine, but I haven't seen anything from an official source saying that anywhere and I'm very much paying attention to this issue.

If they were to do a clamp on Arts and Augs it would be the apocalypse on here -- people have paid way beyond membership and replays for those systems and for them to cripple them like that it would be chaos. The simple fact that his hasn't happened supports that it's not happening and is an argument against your friend.

Hang in there. I'm sure they'll give you some clarity. If not, we ask again for further confirmation. They're putting out a lot of fires right now. One of the reasons I've been shutting silly people on the forums down is because of the spread of misinformation that comes from the forums. Whoever told you that is (I'm 95% certain) wrong. It's more likely, like most of the people on the forums, they get a nugget of info and misinterpret it into a pretzel and then spread it to everyone they know.

You've misinterpreted what they said.
    • Like x 5
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

To be fair, I’d have like 3k dominance otherwise. I could probably stun adds with that, which would kinda sideline any controller in the group.
  12. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

thats from the topic that was posted when it went live

• Stats from Skill Points, Artifacts, Augments, Leagues, Generator Mods, and certain Movement Mode, Iconic, and Allies abilities will scale proportionally afterwards, which means increasing these will always add power to your character (even in Omnibus content)
    • Like x 4
  13. KidKretz Committed Player

ironically the same ppl on the other side of the isle keep showing up :p

it takes two to tango :)

honestly makes me think the ppl that like the clamp are scared it will be changed and that is why they are always replying instead of letting the opposite sides 2 cents be heard. i saw this on test server when the complaints came in on the forum, someone was claiming everyones opinion was over exagurated and the clamp is fine and shouldnt be touched, and they did that because they actually liked it and didnt want it to be changed :p
    • Like x 5
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I hate the git gud arguments they use, as well. It’s like, I’ve tried, I can’t, I’m sorry. :(
    • Like x 1
  15. Whodini Well-Known Player

It's been said before but...the capped content is still really easy. Are we able to one shot everything? No, but I'm fine with that. I am enjoying getting source marks for EVERYTHING, including older open world bounties.

Took a while to get used to, but I'm enjoying the new on duty menu as well. If anything needs fixing, it's the allies system (which has mentioned repeatedly on here as well).
    • Like x 6
  16. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

That's actually not fair, what else do you expect players who like the stamps do if they keep seeing threads like this.....comment on it.:rolleyes:
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Because they like each other’s post not matter what they say maybe lol
    • Like x 2
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Actually you misinterpreted what was said. They already said that gear is clamped to a ceiling which is 10 cr above content and that other factoring stats are clamped at a different rate. I believe the official rate is that 40% of other stats bleed through. This means that you are still way above everyone else who is at level from the clamped content that you are in. This 40% bleed makes it so that you are way stronger than any clamped content. The expected results is that players will (are) be stronger than clamped content the difficulty comes from actual mechanics
    • Like x 8
  19. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The stats from augments, artifacts, and skill points are definitely being reduced in content. I've been checking my stats as I add new skill points, new exobyte experience to augments, and leveled up my artifiacts. I have a character right at CR 83, and my stats drop by 20-30% when I actually play tier 1 content. In fact, I'm going to do a little experiment to this effect. I am taking off my augments and artifacts. I will add them on one by one while in a solo and let you know what happens:

• 2633 Might, 3105 Power, 5945 Health, 1314 Precision, 147 Dominance without artifacts on
    • Add my artifact with 1422 Health, 533 Power, and 237 Might
    • 2788 Might (155 Might added), 3462 Power (357 Power added), 6869 Health (924 Health added)
    • Add my artifact with 1483 Health, 556 Power, and 247 Might
    • 2977 Might (189 Might added), 3797 Power (335 Power added), 7839 Health (970 Health added)
    • Add my artifact with 1237 Health, 77 Precision, and 103 Dominance (Tank artifact)
    • 2977 Might (0 Might added as expected), 3797 Power (0 Power added as expected), 1374 Precision (60 Precision added), 212 Dominance (65 Dominance added), 8838 Health (999 Health added)
    As you can see, artifacts are scaled. I suspect augments are as well, and I just verified skill points definitely are with my 117 SP:
    • [Region Scaled Values]
      481 Power
      128 Might
      256 Weaponization Rating
    • [Normal Values]
      568 Power
      151 Might
      303 Weaponization Rating
    Augments actually get scaled the most. I add 1044 Might in my might augments, and I get 231 Might instead of 1044 while my stats are scaled.
    • Like x 2
  20. Miserable Dedicated Player

I appreciate the dismissive and condescending one-liner, but to be honest, I barely even "interpreted" what they said so much as rephrased it.

From Test Discussion - Episode 41: Early End Game:
    Maybe we're not even disagreeing, but I was just too loose with the terminology? Yes, the stats from arts, augs, and SP bypass the initial clamping that affects gear. But then they are scaled down proportionally based on the tier of the content. If they weren't, then players would be still be too OP in the really low tiers.

I replied to you because it sounded like you believed that those stats were supposed to be completely unaffected by any sort of clamping or scaling in low tier content, as in you get the full amount of those stats that you do in endgame. If that is what you believe, then again, it's you who has misunderstood.

And if you still think I'm wrong, all you have to do is link one of those "many occasions" on which they said those stats would be completely unaffected and I will gladly concede.
    • Like x 5