It’s time to let us join multiple leagues

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Plowed In, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Plowed In Loyal Player

Enormous QoL enhancement opportunity here and a chance to make new friends and extend player networks.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I'd be most interested in cross faction leagues and grouping.
    • Like x 1
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

yeah, I don't think multiple leagues would work with how the model of prestige is currently set up, without it either becoming onerous or (more likely) being abused for stacking perks... Cross faction, however, I'd do that in a heartbeat, says the leader of a Star Sapphire league...
    • Like x 7
  4. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Do it do it ESO does it but they call it Guilds I'm sure the devs here can work out and adjust prestige and all those formalities etc . The easiest way would be for the player to switch your character between your leagues and any prestige earned will go to that League that you're currently on.

As for buffs it will be the same as prestige any League that your character is on the buffs will apply to that character if you switch leagues the buffs leave and the other buffs from that league gets applied they won't stack. If your character switches to a league without any buffs well you won't get any lol.
    • Like x 2
  5. Plowed In Loyal Player

I think those are good ideas, and I don’t think anyone would object to having prestige go to multiple leagues? Buffs would most certainly not stack.

My primary concern here is the potential social benefit rather than about the buffs. If you know more people, you’re more likely to care about/support one another. :)
    • Like x 1
  6. BumblingB I got better.

I'm actually hoping for this as well. Just being able to group would be a huge quality of life improvement and I know they are intending to do this. Which is why we got House of Legends, but dangit, I could merge my villain league with my hero league and not have to worry about the fact we have two active villains and no prestige for buffs. lol
    • Like x 3
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The multiple leagues suggestion is always intriguing but also breaks my brain a little.

100% agree on the potential benefits of crossfaction leagues and grouping.
    • Like x 10
  8. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Not a good idea at all, we'd be better off with cross-faction grouping and (MAYBE) cross-faction league joining tbh. I don't see the point in joining multiple leagues, if your goal is to create a vaster network and make more friends, create a discord, form league alliances between different leagues, add those new friends to your friend's list, etc.

When I played WoW, my Guild would have relationships with other Guilds (primarily to fill raid spots when people couldn't show up and what not). We created a discord for both Guilds and communicated through it.

Edit: You could also create new voice channels and chat channels and invite other leagues to them.
    • Like x 1
  9. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  10. OnlyNomad The One Above All

It does really, I don't see myself joining multiple leagues with an enormous amount of people in them. League chat (voice chat too) would be ferociously annoying, if that's even possible. I know you could disable the chat but you'd find yourself cutting communication with all your leagues.
    • Like x 1
  11. farm3rb0b Committed Player

I don't love the idea of multiple leagues per character. I do wish we had a sort of...league alliance? Something a little more sophisticated than a custom chat channel where a few leagues can have a way to quickly talk to each other. Custom chat channels are great, but require everyone to add it manually. Instead, if your league was in an alliance with a couple hero/villain leagues and you needed a couple extra bodies...alliance chat. FFXIV calls them Linkshells, I think.
    • Like x 4
  12. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I suggested the same idea of League Alliances too but yours with the addition of a sophisticated joint chat would be way better.
    • Like x 1
  13. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

Id love to see cross faction leagues, wouldnt mind being apart of a second league either, as far as making it work concept wise they could do Allegiance(sp?) which would be your primary league, the league hall would be at the top of the list, any prestige earned would go to this league, any buffs would come from this league, things like that. then Affiliate league would be where you could donate for prestige(you could still donate to prime league but any prestige for the affiliate would have to come from donation/tribute.)

and since im mentioning leagues id like a cap increase for base items in the halls..........js
    • Like x 1
  14. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

It helps the people who want to push the endgame limits not to feel like they always have to pug or leave their casual focused league with people they like.
    • Like x 1
  15. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Hawkman has VIP status with the JSA and the JLA ;)
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

This is an amazing idea … eso does this and it really helps … you can join mega leagues and still be part of smaller tight knit leagues

As far as prestige goes they could make an option where to send your prestige … instead of it automatically going into one league hall you could deposit it like you do with furniture and gear .. everytime you content you get x amount of prestige coins in your inventory.

Leagues under your name could be toggled in your settings

I think it’s a great idea eso allows up to 5 which is plenty

This is a step in the right direction

It doesn’t break lore either

Hal jordan belongs to the justice league and the green lantern corps

Batman was part of the justice league and the outsiders

It makes sense
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

GTAO has the ability to join up to 5 "leagues" but you can only have 1 active "league" at a time.
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

I just get tired of making friends in instances, only to find out they are hero and i can only group with them in progress runs.
  19. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

Personally I'd just like to see an overhaul on how leagues work in general. Trying to find a league to join (that's right for my characters situation) or recruiting people into my 'dead' league is such an arduous, time consuming slog that rarely ever produces results. To use a fishing analogy, it's like casting your rod into open waters and hoping for a bite, only to get something rubbish, throw it back and try again...and again...and again...it's frustrating!

It would be nice if we could see, for example, a list of leagues and some basic info about them (number of members, last active date, current active proficiencies etc). Maybe some could be set to 'Invite Only' or have stipulations for new members (i.e - Lanterns only), some set to 'Open', so anyone could join whenever they want, or some could just be set to closed if they aren't recruiting.

We definitely need a better system to connect to other players. At the moment it feels like trying to hit a target in complete darkness and just hoping for the best! (also, it would be nice if League Halls were given some kind of purpose to give us a reason to go ther. They feel like giant, lifeless, empty shells!)
    • Like x 3
  20. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I would call it Family instead of Guild for DCUO Damian Wayne is part of the Bat Family but he's with the League of Assassins, get it? Lol