Adding an option to play old instance without stats clamped would just solve everything

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jason Martin, Sep 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proxystar #Perception

The GIF is used instead of words because your ability to understand them, even when I type them, clearly appears limited.

[IMG]
  2. The Con Dedicated Player

Whatever you have to do to convince yourself..... :D
    • Like x 5
  3. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

Yeah, they use an argument with zero substance and really its a strawman from the indisputable fact we keep bringing up. We had something, that we both earned and paid for, and they took it. The TOS does not change that reality and no amount of mental gymnastics or fallacy riddled posts can change facts from being facts.

It's very possible they just haven't thought it through, they could also just be trolling, or maybe they just can't wrap their heads around any concept other than their preconceived biases because they have cognitive dissonance. See, they are really arguing the company can do what they want because of the TOS and the company obviously can. No one is arguing they can't. But that is not the argument or more accurately the facts we are sharing. And they can't seem to get past themselves long enough to understand the actual point.

Fact: We had something, it was taken. That is reality plain and simple and DCUP isn't even denying it they openly said they would do it and they did.
    The counter to this is a fallacy riddled argument that it was not taken because of the TOS.

Now it doesn't take a rocket scientist to get why they are wrong but they either can't see they are making the wrong argument or they just cant admit they were wrong.

[IMG]

• Like x 5
  4. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

If what you mean by " like before ", we get rewards no matter our level, marks and everything, then I'm down. Because there was a time where CR relevancy did not exist.
    • Like x 1
  5. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

[IMG]

I completely disagree with your stance on this issue.
    But your gif game is strong and I really do get a kick out of them.

[IMG]

6. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Exactly. They have this idea that this is the direction that has been made and we all have to bow our heads, fall in line, and accept this whether we like it or not. It doesn't matter if, as consumers, we paid for this and it's being taken away from them -- we're simply expected to fall in line. ... it's pretty amazing. It's like this bizarre form of Stockholm Syndrome. And this resistance to improvement comes up every time someone presents meaingful improvements to the game, and it's usually the same people gatekeeping it.
    • Like x 6
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

You guys paid for nothing but the allowance to access the content. But you, i and everyone else own nothing.The time/money put into the game doesn't mean anything outside personal satisfaction.
    • Like x 3
  8. The Con Dedicated Player

Time/money = Time/money

Both are considered to be measurements of investment... and the fire that this game burns.

• Like x 2
  9. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

The need for roles and not ignoring mechanics has returned to the game. As in the game has somewhat returned to it's intended design for group content. Only instead of no bonuses to stats you are raised 10 cr along with your sp, artifacts, trinkets and generator mods it's more like 15 cr. Above the content. This isn't that hard. I'll help you if you want help.
    • Like x 2
  10. The Con Dedicated Player

One could argue that the need for roles and not ignoring mechanics has always been in the game... for end-game, elite, and feat hunting.

At a certain point, we move should past mechanics... as we get stronger than previous levels... They lose relevancy when compared to progress.

Edit: You can only worry about mechanics so many times.
    We do levels repeatedly at relevancy.
    It should not be an endless loop of repetition for all of eternity regardless of how strong we become.

That becomes boring, repetitive, and pointless in the face of progression.
    If there is no progression, there is no point of the game.
    • Like x 1
  11. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

Investment....Earned... Shouldn't. All of these words clearly imply perceived ownership of the character and the way the character plays etc. We aren't constructing a straw man. You are using flawed logic using the perceived ownership of your character due to your "time investment" that you "earned" the ability to "feel super" (faceroll/one shot content) and they shouldn't take that away due to your "perceived ownership" of that. You can't call something a strawman when they are literally using the language you are using in your post to construct the argument.

Their belief is that it is good for the game. It is logical, it is thorough, they have more data than we have, but we have the examples of other modern MMO's and how they run their business. We are never going to have the best graphics, never going to have gameplay thats massively different inside of this engine. We are limited by the engine. Yes, new players will be attracted by these types of upgrades but it is simply not in the cards.

The game is stagnant, and it was just a matter of time where attrition started outstripping the gains (.6% per month). There is a HUGE number of former players who have left over the years. There are a huge number of potential new players which is limited by the graphical things and what not.

In short, you may have a perception of ownership, but there is no implication of ownership for that perception to be grounded in reality.
    • Like x 1
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

Yes, investments to your own personal satisfaction.

You understand you own literally nothing, and yet still trying to claim ownership over a feeling you have to your character.

I get the attachment to the idea of your character, but be attached to the idea. Not the avatar itself.
    • Like x 3
  13. The Con Dedicated Player

BS

If you turned the game on only to find that a virus has deleted your character, account, and history...

You would feel a sense of loss for that which you "owned".

You wouldn't just shrug your shoulders with a "Well... I wasn't really mine, anyways."

:rolleyes:
  14. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

That's an emotional attack, because you don't own them, Daybreak do, and when the game shuts down, our characters go down as well, we owned the ideas, the creation of the characters.;)
    • Like x 4
  15. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

You don't need to feel, or have, ownership to feel a sense of loss in it. This is a true strawman argument.
    • Like x 2
  16. the solowing Steadfast Player

When i stopped playing DCUO, i didnt ask Daybreak to refund all my money for the investment i put into it. What goes into the character while i spent my time here, stays here. Money/ Time/ Investment.

Its Daybreaks assets, im simply allowed access to use them, and i have no ownership of this variation of my characters here.
    • Like x 4
  17. The Con Dedicated Player

NOBODY IS ARGUING THAT DAYBREAK ULTIMATELY OWNS THE GAME AND EVERYTHING IN IT.

You're fighting an argument that no one is making.

THAT is what a strawman is.

You feel loss because you lost something that was... yours.

I'm argument is that you just ignore that fact for the sake of sycophancy.
    • Like x 3
  18. The Con Dedicated Player

NOBODY DENIES THAT FACT.
    • Like x 1
  19. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

When a friend of mine dies... my loss is because they were mine? A connection to something doesn't imply ownership. I'm not fighting an argument nobody is making. I'm fighting your argument of perceived ownership of a character.
    • Like x 2
  20. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

It's obvious that you do given the nature of your point with bringing up your investment into your character, if your character was to get erased by a bug/glitch today, the developers or you couldn't do squat, you can't ask for all of your money back or nothing but they would try to compensate you however they can. Which points back to the point "it's not all about you" you invest in your character? cool, but so did we.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.