Adding an option to play old instance without stats clamped would just solve everything

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jason Martin, Sep 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

Read the terms of service, you paid for a license to use the content, not for the content itself. This has been standard TOS since online games have existed.

It doesn't matter how much you worked for the "right to do it"...its within their rights to change how it works if they believe the new way will benefit the overall game.
    • Like x 3
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well I guess after everyone complained about spamming the same few bosses endlessly all through Wonderverse/Legion, they figured the playerbase wouldn’t possibly choose to inflict that fate upon themselves… cute.
    • Like x 3
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

you just made my day ^^
    • Like x 1
  4. The Con Dedicated Player

*sigh*

Of course... We understand.... But, once again... for the 1,000th time: "Legal" doesn't always translate as "Right" or "Fair"... or even "Correct"... as...

....for the record, their "beliefs" have not always been beneficial for the game.....
    • Like x 2
  5. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Is anyone really arguing whether they "can" or not? I think we all understand the ToS. That doesn't mean that there can't be pushback against massive systems changes that not everyone is on board for.
    • Like x 5
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Oh dear, I mean I guess sometimes reading is hard.

You actually legit DO NOT own anything in game, you are paying for a "licence to use it".

I mean I guess you're the same person that used to go down to your local video store, hire something and never return it either.

I'll let Netflix know as well that you think you 'own' their video library.

[IMG]
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Whether it's "fair" or not is entirely irrelevant, if you think the terms of service are "unfair" then don't play, that's your choice.

The moment you play and agree to the terms you have accepted that they're "right" they cannot be anything but, right because those are the terms you agreed too.

So yes, they are "Right" and Yes they are "Correct", your feelings again on whether they are "Fair" are worth exactly, nothing.
    • Like x 3
  8. King Bakes Well-Known Player

The removal of advanced mechanics was a major system change and not everyone was on board with that either a week after the change happened. To say that there should be a pushback this soon I think is rather silly.

I think the devs should be given time to sort out all the bugs and get the stats correct in old content and then they can review their figures in regards to whether more players are playing older content etc - if they are then I'm pretty sure they'd say the stat clamp is a success regardless of whether a minority are against it.

Just to point out what a previous post said, I'd 100% be on board with the 'option to turn off the stat clamp' thing on the condition that you do not get any rewards for completing those instances. If you want the rewards then you should have to earn them. But if you simply want to feel like a god, then go one shot everything for all I care... just don't expect to be rewarded for doing so :).
  9. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Because this is correct in any online service, be it a game, streaming service, Online Store like Steam or whatever. If you want to actually own something virtual, buy NFT in a blockchain.
    • Like x 1
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

Virtually all your video-games that you own digitally, is just a license to use, not a license of ownership...
    • Like x 2
  11. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Another way to look at it is that perhaps this change could have been vetted with the community first.

Regardless, I have no interest in debating stat clamping with you as its been done to death here already. To me and to many others it's an obvious mistake, I'll just leave it there.
    • Like x 2
  12. Proxystar #Perception

The issue isn't that you're not allowed to push back about changes.

The issue, is when that push back changes to "demands", based on a misguided attempt to claim it violates a sense of ownership that doesn't exist".

When you start screaming "YOU CAN'T MAKE THESE CHANGES TO THE THINGS I OWN", then I'm going to laugh.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. The Con Dedicated Player

I'm pretty sure that somebody dangling keys in your face makes you laugh......
    • Like x 2
  14. The Con Dedicated Player

The strawman that you have created is smarter than you.
    • Like x 4
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

Hes not wrong though.
    • Like x 2
  16. The Con Dedicated Player

It's an argument that no one is really making....

Everybody who has invested time and money on their character can still perceive some "ownership" of that character... and still have full understanding that they don't really own anything..

Nobody thinks that they're going to be able to bequeath their investment of the game to their offspring. We all know the vanity of it.

His is a dumb argument that is designed only to make himself feel smart.

It's what stupid people do.
    • Like x 4
  17. Proxystar #Perception

What Strawman lol.

No stupidity is what I have outlined above..

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. The Con Dedicated Player

One can understand why it confuses you..... Dr. Dunning.
    • Like x 2
  19. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
  20. The Con Dedicated Player

Ah! The gif response....

The greatest counter-argument move ever.

A picture is truly worth a thousand words when your vocabulary is less than that.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.