New Resurgence Mega Capsule!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

NEW IN THE MARKETPLACE: RESURGENCE MEGA CAPSULE

Resurgence is back starting September 9, 2021, and we have again packed in the maximum resurgenciness. Look for all-new Mearcian Flame Capes, items from past Resurgence Mega Capsules, and one each of Time Capsules 13-21.

The Resurgence Mega Capsule drops in-game from any defeated enemy (opened with Stabilizers) AND is also available for purchase directly in the Marketplace. Catch up on past Time Capsules and take advantage of the bundle.

As usual, the Booster Gold Second Chance vendor has been updated, too.

RESURGENCE MEGA CAPSULE

The best time to catch up on past Time Capsules is now ALSO the best time to catch up on past Resurgence Mega Capsules. What is this world?! This reality-warping, time & space-distorting, value-exploding capsule is back, but it's actually quite simple. Keep reading for details!

PAST TIME CAPSULES

Each dropped Resurgence Mega Capsule can be opened using 7 Stabilizers OR can be purchased directly in the Marketplace for 700 Daybreak Cash (PC) or Marketplace Cash (PS, Xbox, NS). There is no difference between the dropped version and the Marketplace version, so you can go ahead and choose whichever method is most convenient for you.

To recap, you will get $9 worth of unlocked Time Capsules (9) PLUS the Mearcian Flame Cape Reward Box (explained below) for just 700 Daybreak/Marketplace Cash or 7 Stabilizers. Here's what that looks like:
    • Unlocked Atlantean Time Capsule
    • Unlocked Shazam! Time Capsule
    • Unlocked Dark Knights Time Capsule
    • Unlocked Dark Multiverse Time Capsule
    • Unlocked Oracle's Time Capsule
    • Unlocked Teen Titan's Time Capsule
    • Unlocked Flashpoint Time Capsule
    • Unlocked Knight of Vengeance Time Capsule
    • Unlocked Sixth Dimension Time Capsule
    • BONUS: Mearcian Flame Cape Reward Box
    These nine unlocked Time Capsules include everything that the original locked and dropped versions included.

Head to this guide for a refresher on what comes in each capsule.

MEARCIAN FLAME CAPE REWARD BOX

The Mearcian Flame Cape Reward Box continues what began is our previous mega capsule: opening the box presents you with a choice between three items randomly pulled from three different sets of rewards. These three options are:
    • One of the new Mearcian Flame Capes
    • One Legacy Chroma or Material from any of the previous Resurgence Mega Capsules
    • One Legacy Aura or Accessory from any of the previous Resurgence Mega Capsules
    The Mearcian Flame Capes choice includes these eight new back items:
    • White Mearcian Flame Cape
    • Tech Mearcian Flame Cape
    • Red Mearcian Flame Cape
    • Purple Mearcian Flame Cape
    • Green Mearcian Flame Cape
    • Gold Mearcian Flame Cape
    • Cool Mearcian Flame Cape
    • Black Mearcian Flame Cape
    The Chroma or Material choice includes one of 50+previous rewards:
    • Legacy Powerset Materials
    • Legacy Powerset Chromas
    • Legacy Neon Chromas
    The Aura or Accessory choice includes one of 40+ previous rewards:
    • Legacy Powerset Auras
    • Legacy Resurgence Accessories
    Refresh your memory on these past rewards with our Time Capsules guide.

Reminder: Sets of Chromas can be traded, but once opened the individual Chromas themselves cannot be traded. Each Chroma set includes three versions of the Chroma. Auras, Materials, and Accessories can be traded.

[IMG]
    Mearcian Flame Capes: Green, Red, Purple, Black

[IMG]
    Mearcian Flame Capes: Gold, Tech, Cool, White

[IMG]
    Legacy Chromas

[IMG]
    Legacy Auras

[IMG]
    Legacy Materials

[IMG]
    Legacy Accessories

[IMG]
    Legacy Accessories

SECOND CHANCE VENDOR: BOOSTER GOLD

The Booster Gold Second Chance Vendor has been updated to include items from the Cursed Time Capsule and the Kryptonian Time Capsule. Look for Booster Gold in the House of Legends in the central hub. His items are available for Quarks. Remember, Quarks are the currency found in any and all Time Capsules.

Log in beginning September 9, 2021, to get your new Resurgence Mega Capsule, dropping everywhere in-game and available in the Marketplace!

Resurgence Mega Capsule begins September 9, 2021. The Resurgence Mega Capsule is account bound. The items found inside are tradeable. If unopened, dropped Resurgence Mega Capsules will expire after 14 days.
    • Like x 5
  2. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Hey Mepps, are the Black and White Neon Chromas included in the Legacy Neon Chromas list and do we get to choose which of the Legacy Neon Chromas or are they random?

Thanks!
    • Like x 2
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Weren't those past resurgence items marketed as time-limited and exclusive? I guess I'll have to do some digging. If not, nice to see them back again.

https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/news/dcuo-resurgence-september-2018

The wording implies they were exclusive, but technically, someone could say that the "bundles" were only available for a limited time, but the rewards in them are not. Although it seems kind of deceptive. Oh, well. At least the price will go down for powerset materials on the broker.
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

Of course not, those were a drop from one of the regular Time Capsules. In due time in the future, they will be put in the Vendor for Quarks like the older TC items so far.
  5. OnlyNomad The One Above All

So "Legacy" only refers to Booster Bundle items?
  6. Zneeak Devoted Player

It's items from previous Resurgence Capsules.
    • Like x 2
  7. MchaelAceHunter Well-Known Player

U didn't put the auras and materials from cursed time capsule in booster gold. I was wanting red phoenix material
  8. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Which wording? I'm not seeing it.
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

These are awesome.

Whatever you guys have been doing is only making me starved for new content.
  10. The Cat-Lady Well-Known Player

I like how "Mearcian" is actually "American" with the letters rearranged!

*slinks back into the kitten-filled shadows*

RAWR :)
    • Like x 1
  11. ParadoxVanguard Well-Known Player

Can we get Power Themed Movement modes in the next one?
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

A couple of items were missed, but will be added in our next one or two hotfixes.
    • Like x 3
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

What item you get surfaced as a choice is random. The legacy choices include all past resurgence mega capsule items.
    • Like x 2
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

i don´t like time capsules, however:
    at least, i like the fact that you bring back power specific auras and materials,
    even though i saved some scorching auras to sell, wich plumets theyr worth selling,
    yet i am not complaining.
    please: just leave feats out of future TC´s and we are good ^^
    • Like x 1
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

"The marketplace and in-game Resurgence Mega Capsules will only be available through October 9, 2018."

"If unopened, dropped Resurgence Mega-Capsules will expire after 14 days."

Edit: Here's an image from one of the Resurgence capsules itself:

https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Resurgence_Mega_Capsule_(5)

The text says: "Available for a limited time! This Resurgence Mega Capsule contains unlocked versions of the 9 most recent Time Capsules, plus a pack of 3 all-new Neon Chromas!"
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I noticed that. The pronunciation is also relatively close to a derogatory term, so it makes me cringe every time I hear it.
    • Like x 2
  17. MchaelAceHunter Well-Known Player

I would just like to ask, although I don't need to worry as I save my stabs all the time plus I'm a member. For people that basically FTP, how they supposed to get 7 stabs in time now u have done stabs in daily rewards this way
  18. Mister Hando Active Player

I win 7 Mega Capsule today. :)
    But I have only 5 stabs.... :'(
  19. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

They aren't, the capsules aren't gameplay stuff supposed to be accessed by everyone, they are paid cosmetic rewards. If the person wants to open it, they can buy on the MP or save stabilizers prior to the release (and it was announced a while ago).
  20. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

There are no words here that I see that indicate in any way that anything in the Capsule is exclusive to the capsule.

It says only that that Resurgence capsule will only be available through October 9, 2018. And it was. This is a new Resurgence Mega Capsule.

I see zero words even suggesting that the contents of the capsule were exclusive to that capsule alone. What words do you have in mind, specifically? Because what you quoted says nothing of the kind.