No to paying allies!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

You have to admit though, selling the mechanics and idea of Allies is a genius move, but I mean you can create threads to counter any new implementations of developers with implementations that you feel may be more better/legit, cause you just never know maybe you have they key to a success mmo, by helping them out, cause quite frankly whose to say the developers don't borrow ideas from it's playerbase.
  2. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

It's true, it's true lol.
  3. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

The game wasn't making money before allies?
  4. OnlyNomad The One Above All

[IMG]
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m not even opposed to buying them, but I can’t fork out 90$ every time a character I like shows up. I should be excited when a favourite character comes up, but now I’m going to be dreading it.
    • Like x 1
  6. zNot Loyal Player

Maybe the new „freetoplay“ version of dcuo made them lose membership subs and they try to get another way to get cash in ? Not sure
  7. OnlyNomad The One Above All

No, zero dollar. When Episode 41 was release, all subscriptions were cancelled and therefore, allies had to become the primary source of income for this struggling mother of 3.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  8. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Honestly, no. I dont think they do any research beyond the bare minimum.
  9. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

The usual names out again defending multi millionaires over regular customers. This "they need to make money" excuse yall keep trotting out is sad. Like the game wasn't already shown to be making money before allies were even thought of?
    • Like x 2
  10. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Ok I see the concern, if it was your favorite character, they can really take advantage of that by making you spend twice the amount but let me ask you, do you rather it be gambled or a 1 set price just to get the Allies, because you can always just buy 1 and just take your time leveling one up. If you can resist temptation of upcoming Allies ofc lol.
    • Like x 1
  11. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Does this sound like a very well researched plan, ColdFuzion?

Also, we all have a good idea where the money comes from, and the vast majority of it wasn't memberships.
    • Like x 2
  12. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  13. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Jake is looking into my soul lol
    • Like x 1
  14. OnlyNomad The One Above All

THIS! Do people really believe the devs do some intricate research on what the most reasonable pricing for marketplace stuff would be? No, they just slap the highest price they can get away with.
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Another immediate problem I have is, I’m really not feeling the current roster of Rare/Epic allies. The passives are decent, but none of them make me feel excited to hit R3 right now. So I don’t feel like I have an appealing alternative right now, just a choice of placeholders. You can tell me, oh don’t worry, Mera or Zatanna are coming, and they’re going to be epic, not legendary! But when? Or even if?

As far as the big picture, DI having to make money, pay people’s wages… I don’t know. I’m not savvy about that sort of thing. All I can tell you is that I would buy it if you didn’t price it so high that the first person I told about this reacted with a very loud “WHAT?!”.
    • Like x 1
  16. OnlyNomad The One Above All

People have grossly overestimated the importance of subscriptions, especially since TCs and Artifacts have been around. They didn't make the game fully F2P and increase the premium and free perks for no reason. If you still think this game's bread and butter are player subs, I've got bad news for you. These allies are ridiculously expensive for a reason, they know what they can get away with and what the people are willing to pay for.

How much is a yearly sub? People pay over $200-$300 for a single Ally, Artifact, or TCs. People really think they give a crap about their subscription? lol.
  17. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

They do believe me i have masters in marketing - they research the plan come up with marketing and possible negativity towards the changes. They anticipated and reacted to the customer base long before customers knew what was happening.

I'm just helping people who spend a lot of money in this game to focus saving their money.
  18. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I think it's based on popularity, one thing for sure I just hope we get some more allies real soon, it's a good concept, just need some work around the edges, but I give the developers props for taking that leap, it's really fun calling them out during combat.