No to paying allies!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I find it aberrant to see some allies available for free and others only available for a fee. I think it's absolutely wrong that some people have to pay because they like a certain ally and others don't have to pay because one of the allies they are a fan of might be free, because some players will see the allies as a fan for the name/physics of the character and others will see it as stats.

I think it's high time to stop this kind of inequality on DCUO, you're trying to give a different image to the games by talking about free DLC and a subscription that's not really compulsory anymore, but you're always trying to break this good effort with this kind of absurd inequality.

I'm of the opinion that allies should only be available in-game, which I think a lot of players thought would be the case, but again, the old demons of Daybreak have decided to make us pay....

In a pinch, if you want to make a game pay in the ally system you can consider selling the items in the same way that is done for the artifacts!

Adding a new system becoming an integral part of the game, but making it pay is really immoral, it's time to say stop to this kind of procedure in 2021 !!!
    • Like x 4
  2. zNot Loyal Player

lol the game is freetoplay they need to make money..
    • Like x 6
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Not like this… :(
    • Like x 1
  4. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Like because you think they don't have enough in the shop and with the loot boxes for that?

If they're not making enough money anymore, maybe because people can't stand the pay-to-win aspect of the game. ;)
    • Like x 3
  5. zNot Loyal Player

This game is not as paytowin as some of you make it to be unless you want to have all skillpoints (which is just a thing people flex with) but even then it can be achieved with the broker and buy the time capsuls collections that way ingame and to finish the hardest and newest elite raid content you do not need max artifacts or the best gear or skillpoints. ESO in my opinion is way more paytowin then dcuo and it still more popular then dcuo.
    • Like x 3
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I'm not going to comment on the actual topic other than we need to stop calling allies "pay to win". As of now, they have a very minimal impact in actual gameplay. As long as that remains true, there is nothing about them that makes a player win anything. I'll let anyone have any feelings/ make any comments they want to regarding the price or their availability but please stop considering them pay to win. You can not even equip them and barely notice any difference to gameplay.
    • Like x 4
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s the only win I was going to get out of episode 41. :(
  8. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

i still lmao everytime i look in the MP and see Sponge....i mean aquaman for 25 bucks
    • Like x 1
  9. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

Allies is a complete and utter failure. In both implementation and in pricing. No ally should cost more than $10, and absolutely no way should cost $300 to level up each ally.

Guess how much you’ll be getting from me? $0.00 for this system.

THIS IS WHY WE DONT RETAIN NEW PLAYERS.
    • Like x 4
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Then what do you suggest?
  11. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

Look, they made a decision to do this based on their data and research of the community. You really think a multimillion$ company did not research the outcome of this new mechanic? The dev's are not the problem they just facilitate a need to be more power in game - The customer is the problem and will continue to do so when they stop paying.

Stats clamp + allies = $$$$$$$
    • Like x 1
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

If this is to fund the free-to-play model, make the people playing the game for free foot the bill.
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

So you think right now. In a few months you'll look back and realize that as usual, you were making mountains out of molehills.

Also, you need to get over this notion that you are entitled to have everything you want all right now at a price YOU think is fair. Yes, you can suggest to the company to reduce their prices, but if they choose not to budge on this decision, then you'll have to make one several choices yourself.

Move on and forget about it. Wait for sales. Buy one for one toon and rank it up slowly/patiently, and get others for other toons later down the line. Constantly bemoaning how this was your only shinning beacon out of the recent changes isn't going to make anything happen in your favor.
    • Like x 2
  14. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Well.... create some threads with ideas on how should they make money, I would be interested to see what you have in mind.;)
    • Like x 1
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yeah...um....how well has that worked out exactly? To put it another way, they tried that, didn't work...next suggestion?
  16. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Yeah the game is not pay to win but more play to win, you have to put in effort and win, everyone will eventually get there to the finish line but the only thing is spending a bit of money gets you there faster as it should. Although I do still think paid Allies should be available for per account.
    • Like x 3
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Mountains out of molehills? I told a family member about what was going on, and when I said how much it’d cost, their reaction was an incredibly loud “WHAT?!”. Hardly anyone thinks the price is fair. I haven’t seen a single legendary ally being summoned this whole week. Perhaps they’re using the broken passives? Ha.
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

As another thread will attest, the amount of money they’re making selling them is dwarfing the amount they’re making out of people maxing them out, day one.
    • Like x 1
  19. OnlyNomad The One Above All

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

I don't mind the allies, I just wish that 1) they were clear in their description and 2) they actually ****ing worked as intended....but oh wait we don't know how they're intended to work because the descriptions aren't clear. If they fixed these 2 things, I wouldn't mind allies. I just hope much like artifacts they open up new play styles instead of being a combat pet with a wimpy passive on them.