Adding an option to play old instance without stats clamped would just solve everything

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jason Martin, Sep 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plowed In Loyal Player

Were you someone who routinely played event versions or normal versions?
    • Like x 2
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Clearly, it was event

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Yeah, when i have suggested ditching DX9 and making a DX11 build. I was not interested in a new style change. I was interested in performance improvements. The style is great.... form the old content to the new, great.
  4. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

https://returnofreckoning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27955
    :oops:
    https://returnofreckoning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25225

Are macros disrupted by other button presses? I woulds guess, yes. If u see me in game, i'm jumping around the enemy always. Debuff that one, now that one. Oh no tank to pull them together. Jump then debuff defense stat... and damage. Jump and debuff damage output and damage. Have the artifact and it being ranked to do so. Heal debuff because the group benefits from having 3 debuffs active. Boost dame output. A controller is a good asset. Besides having power distributed to the team spending it necessarily. There are less power hungry builds and some optimize builds for most possible damage, then if might build that uses lots of power... there may be cooldowns you'd rather not have. A Controller power out immediately button has a cooldown. Try a less power hungry build? One that includes an ability that amplifies the damage of another ability.

example Mental power:
    • Horrific Visage: Power Interactions : Terrifies enemies, making them vulnerable to Terrified effects.
    • Then use Psychic Shock, Phantom Flames, Mass Terror, . Power Interactions: Terrified enemies take additional damage.
    I think every power has two conditions they put on an enemy that gives them a boost for another related ability. Read the descriptions in-game of the abilities. @those that will never visit the forum or read on screen text messaging of a combat experience tell from a boss, or less likely to notice a change in the color of the ground for some odd reason during a fight with an NPC. [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

We had that, with walk-in portals for some of them. They were planning to keep adding more, but then something broke in the game on the last one they implemented, so they had to deactivate it, and just gave up on fixing it and trying to implement more. :(
    • Like x 1
  6. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

Well said. This has beey experience as well.
    • Like x 1
  7. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

for the point made about the execs vs the devs.
    plus the other bit about nicer graphics for free... i may be reading into it as being a as an improved performance when it does not apply. Any chance to push DX11 for a very old game using DX9, I will promote in untraditional ways when available.
  8. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Let me be clearer than I previously was: when I say that I'd like clamping to be optional, I'm absolutely fine with the only reward for unclamped instances/bounties being nothing but the fun of being able to do it.

That's all I miss now and fixing that would make me happy. I mean, my whole point is that I miss the fun of feeling my Full Power against formerly impossible enemies. I never, speaking only for myself, said that I wanted any kind of reward on top of having that fun.

I really can't see how giving that option could possibly hurt the game, save for, obviously, the developer time needed to implement an un-clamped un-rewarded option. Nor do I know why anyone would have a problem with such an option, again stipulating that there are developer-hours that would need to be paid.

But such a system could easily be rolled out on a "as we can get to it" basis. Start with allowing the option for one bounty. Then another. Then one raid. Etc.

So far as I'm concerned -- and unlike half the forum, I don't claim to speak for anyone besides myself -- if the devs went down the road I outline, Bob would be my uncle.

Am I talking crazy here?
    • Like x 2
  9. The Con Dedicated Player

More on the lines of "concerning myself with" as opposed to "be anxious about"....

And THAT is why I think it will be detrimental to the game.

Vet players will still only run with select groups - meaning they run with their friends and leagues and no one else.... Only now with some (dare I say most) pissed that they're now being clamped in older material...
    • Like x 1
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

And I'm just fine with that!

When did I ask for anything other than the option of having that fun?

What's so wrong about allowing it?
    • Like x 2
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Nothing is wrong with allowing 'fun', I'm not at all opposed to implementing an option to 'opt out' of clamping if the sole objective is fun.

When we start talking about actually receiving reward then the debate start to swing a little more towards 'errr perhaps not'. :)

I wasn't saying 'you' were asking for anything, specifically, I was merely responding to your response with a general statement.
    • Like x 3
  12. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

So rewards without working for it?

Pretty sure the years of going from CR0 to CR 342, maxed artifacts, augs, etc., learning the meta for every new content, and beating it all along the way constitutes "worked for it."

So what's wrong with getting to go back and enjoy being super powerful in old low level content you already worked to surpass Especially as doing just that was part of the game many people signed on for and have paid for, in many cases, years and years? Why is that wrong or such a threat? Why must they give up what they paid for and worked for? Why must they be happy with it?

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  13. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]

Because people were ruining the content for others, on a number of occasions for nothing other than their own subjective fun, never mind the other people in there also trying to have fun, subsequently not having fun because you're killing everything including bosses in 0.5s and in the worst case scenario outright breaking it and preventing everyone from finishing, including yourself.

The only other primary reason people were in there was for feats and again as pointed out, although there was nothing inherently wrong with doing that because it was the system you were presented with, doesn't mean it's necessarily what's best for the game long term.

The developers have now decided you're going to have to do more to earn those now and at least somewhat comply with mechanics, it's certainly still not as hard as originally, it's just not as face-roll pathetically easy as it was unclamped.

You seem to have a distorted view of ownership with regard to your Daybreak account and in game character and items you purchase and/or earn. I'll let you in on a little secret, come in close, I don't want anyone else to hear...

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  14. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

Waiting for you to actually address the questions...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

15. Proxystar #Perception

Waiting for you to understand the answer,

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

[IMG]

And waiting...

[IMG]

17. King Bakes Well-Known Player

IMO vet players will continue to run with select groups - stat clamp or no stat clamp.

However, the players who aren't vets will be now able to practice and become more skilled due to the stat clamp. Like anything in life, if you practice you're most certainly going to get better. If the stat clamp didn't exist, people would simply be practicing their one-shot skills which is never going to help them improve as players and it'll never help them in endgame content.
    • Like x 4
  18. Shalayah Committed Player

The solos are actually really easy as well.

You’ll definitely take more damage than normal, but if you’re a good dps. Adds still melt fast. I’d say clamped content is now at the difficulty of when you’re leveling up which was still trivial lmao. If an “experienced player” is struggling in solos. There’s a major issue with said player. However Science Spire Elite can definitely pose a challenge to a good chunk of players but is still beatable to the above average player.
    • Like x 2
  19. The Con Dedicated Player

This x 1000.

Of course you'll have the same people shaking their copy of the ToS in your face saying that even the stuff that you financially paid for isn't really owned by you... and therefor, you didn't really pay for it, in their heads, at least.
    • Like x 4
  20. stärnbock Devoted Player

it sure will take some time to decide wich instance should give how many marks exactly,
    making time be worth spending. something they wouldn´t have thought about, i am sure.
    wich leads to the question: how came you wouldn´t have seen fos3 spams coming anyways?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.