Dev Discussion Episode 41: New UI Feedback

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Sammiford, Aug 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revafall Well-Known Player

Just in here to praise you for your work on the UI, Sammiford - I really hope you get to revamp the whole interface ingame, it really needs it.

Also don't take all the feedback personal, some people in here could be a bit less direct with their nitpick of thing the majority of the playerbase won't find fault with. Nice design and quick intuitive navigation should always be top priority of course. :)
    • Like x 1
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Question on the 'latest episodes' menu. If I want to run FP Duo Elite, or the Elite raids, how would I select that from this menu? I don't see a 'change difficulty' choice here. Now I know most would just use 'on-duty', as I would as well, but just wondering was this an oversight or by design to leave the difficulty off?

Follow up... On the omnibus queue up, you can see the tiers available 1-5. I'd guess that if you had someone at CR 31 in the group, only T1 would be available? Either way, why even show the tiers? Why have the lists expandable so i can see all the runs in each tier? We can't select or deselect a tier, so why bother building those things in? Future enhancement maybe? The ability to select one or more tiers?
    • Like x 1
  3. Dstdnt Source Wall Promethean Editor-in-Chief

Hi Sammiford! Thank you for the great job on the new UIs! I would say I do like TheLorax's mock up of it to replace the old UI just to streamline things, and if there could also possibly be an Omnibus version for LPvE/PvP/LPvP (or if at least LPvE if PvP is not being touched, also to then enable all LPvE content to be qued possibly in a section of it's own under the Events Tab of the old UI perhaps?)

Also I'm not sure if you saw my post in the earlier thread that is now locked, but hope it could potentially be done too, of having the exact numbers of: Currency, (possibly gear boxes too), and Bonus Rewards too that would be rewarded.

Given that now CR Relevancy is gone, if we can get accurate Currency numbers shown for how much a player gets in 1 full run of the content in both:

1. The original/Custom UI System, &
    2. Have it stated a bit more clearly in the new On Duty UI as well (& for the Save The Universe/Latest Episodes to display individual amounts shown when they're selected, while it obviously doesn't need to be individualized for the solo/duo/alert/raids since they should provide the same amount of marks) since the current way Omnibus/StU/Latest displays, showing Rewards listed looks like it isn't a bonus but all you get for playing the content. With the below suggested division to show what's Bonus Rewards section on top& what's regularly in it in the Rewards section below, even if just source marks alone are stated, would an easier visualization of why one would que with Omnibus vs Custom, (once those new bonuses are decided.)
    [IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. Dstdnt Source Wall Promethean Editor-in-Chief

One other note, is after seeing how all Elite instances have been excluded from the Omnibus, if there could also be an Elite Omnibus section or if there could be a similar select difficulty option for all tiers (guess except solo) to que for the elite versions of each kind of content?
    • Like x 2
  5. Control Creed Well-Known Player

I can't sort the Score Board with my controller anymore on PC or PS. Using a mouse works on PC but I play with a controller and it always worked before, I can't see anything stealing focus... it doesn't make sense.
    • Like x 3
  6. ixiYSOixi New Player

This is still an issue to this day.
  7. NotImmortal New Player

First - The new UI overlay for "Omnibus" before you go into custom play inside of the "On Duty" menu the color needs to be changed of the stuff that is being actively highlighted. For controller players having to depend on the D pad and not knowing where the cursor is makes it difficult to see what is highlighted.
    Second - The Ally icon on the load-out bar the color needs to be changed from red to something else, anything BUT red. It is not a good idea to color the Ally icon red since it is literally the same color as the cool-downs for powers/utility; in the midst of a raid it would help to have it something other than red and not be camouflaged by the rest of my cool-downs in the utility bar/colas.
    These simple quality of life changes would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.