Adding an option to play old instance without stats clamped would just solve everything

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jason Martin, Sep 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Con Dedicated Player

Or... We're still just as concerned for the game...

We just don't agree with your 2 points.

Like... your Point #2

Most of the game wasn't being played because there was no source mark reward... not because people just missed the ability to struggle through the content.

Point #3

People play progress-based games to have a sense of progress... If that is taken away, people might not want to play.... and leave... in droves.

See? A legitimate concern for the game.

Stop assuming the motives of others who disagree with you.
    • Like x 2
  2. Lady Mystyk Active Player

People stopped playing lower content well before CR relevancy. So are you saying that it should not be corrected because people were not playing it since there wasn't any source mark reward?

Your progress has not been taken away from you. You still can play all content. Jut because you cannot one shot everything does not mean it was taken away. You and others think it has but it hasn't. Only our ability to one shot and stomp lower content. Which by the way the content is just as easy as end game content.

People have already left in droves. There are far less people playing now than there was even a year ago and most definitely since the launch of this game. DI is just trying to get as many of them back as they can.

Your motive is that you want to one shot. You are disguising that motive by using other points to hide that fact.

Just say you want to one shot. I know I liked it and yes I miss it, but I also realize what DI did was to try and save this game.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

You seem desperate.

[IMG]
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As far as gear goes....if you are trying to get 'Heart of the Preditor' feat in LnW done, and run it once a week for a shot at the 1 piece you still need in there....CR 97 gear I think.....I'd guess that 'gear' is pretty much meaningless. Now if you mean new gear, sure...none of this 280 salvage fodder they are throwing into Omnis if unclamped...no problem.

As far as no feats, well, I'd agree right after they announce anyone who already rofl-stomped (not even sure what that means...but I'd guess 'faceroll') their way through the feats gets to also give them back...cause I'm sure many (including myself....I'd guess you in a few instances too) already did. Otherwise....
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

In a few months, I predict it’ll be “endgame noobs don’t have sp!” threads.
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

Players getting Grandfather to the clamp in the only reasonable thing that can be done. What of the players who got their feats when it was current content/difficult? That issue is too nuanced.

The rules were changed, but those Grandfathered in will adhere to them as well going forward.
    • Like x 2
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

That’s too bad for those new players then I guess.
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

Those might cool down over time, i wager.
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

It is, but everyone going forward is on a (mostly) even playing field.
    • Like x 1
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Haha… no. I have 525 sp. Sp are a big factor in how you perform in clamped content. I probably have upwards of 100 more sp from going back to feats when they’re easier. The less sp players have, the harder they’ll find content, the harder they find content, the less sp they’ll have, the less sp they’ll have…
  11. Proxystar #Perception

That happens all the time, feats change get easier, get harder, get nerfed, get buffed, content gets buffed, content gets nerfed.

It's never expected people turn back in their rewards because the experience changes, because the game is subject to change at all times.

That's just how life goes.

I keep saying this, because its true, but feats in clamped content are still demonstrably easier than they were when the content was new, so it's not like there hasn't been progress towards making the feat easier - it's just it can no longer be facerolled.

It's not an excuse to get rid of the clamp and then provide people with rewards just because that might be the experience someone else had in the past.
    • Like x 2
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

What’s old elite content like? I notice it doesn’t have the EEG buff.
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

Hence "Grandfathered". If you want it to be completely fair, you can vouch for a SP reset.

Since it seems to concern you;)

But the issues with doing so are far too nuanced, so for the sake of simplicity. What you have already is yours. But going forward you will adhere to the new rules.

GTAO also did this. When players were getting 1 million dollar bounties and giving glitched millions away by the barrel. Rockstar saw this affecting their bottom line and took swift action.

Every account that received glitched funds were reset back to 250,000 (I had 8 billion at the time). However everything purchased up to then was retained to at least shut us up. As some of us got acclimated to driving sports cars, and players would quit en mass if the game forced players out the lifestyle they've gotten accustomed to having in-game.

But from that point forward we all started on the same footing (outside of us who were Grandfathered in).
    • Like x 1
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

If I played this game for the first time tomorrow, I strongly suspect it would have turned me away. I’m not sure I’m comfortable with that.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

I haven't gone in there, because I've had little reason to do so, especially with time commitments doing save the universe.

That's why I've said this whole time if any outlier instances exist it's most likely in "elite content", none of the instances I've run clamped in normal, which is a good chunk of it now poses any kind of issue so I'm certainly able to say my experiences within all normal content are great, as is all open world content.

Time permitting I'll try get in to some elite content this week and come back and let you know what I think.
    • Like x 3
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

My concern is that not having the EEG buff in there is a mistake, because that’s theoretically what makes up for being only 10 cr over, as opposed to the 20-30 you can achieve while it’s still end game.

Without it, FGSe will be harder than it was before episode 42, which I think is not something that should happen. Thanks to Brine Hulk being bugged this week, I was able to get a feel for how being clamped is versus raid enemies, and honestly my impression was pretty positive.

If I can expect that degree of additional power in elite raids, then I no longer have any objections to the clamp on a personal level.
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Yep, I just haven't been in any of that old stuff so can't say, will let you know when I do though, because I would expect that it to shouldn't feel like it felt when it was at level and that's generally the expectation I'm running with before I run something.
    • Like x 1
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m planning to tip my toes in some old raids soon, I’ve just been feeling a bit demoralised by the Legendary Allies debacle to do anything experimental like that recently. But rest assured, despite my reservations I do want to see the clamp succeed. Thus far, it has largely enhanced my experience with older content.
  19. The Con Dedicated Player

Nah... Just having fun... and being creeped out... watching you two be waaaay too into each other...

It's like watching those two WB gophers endlessly congratulate each other... if they had both suffered head injuries.

• Like x 2
  20. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Hmmm, what are you implying?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.