After Spending Almost $300USD To Level Aquaman This Is What I Found

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Realist617, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Solarbound Committed Player

I've talked about this kind of thing so many times in these forums regarding how players are continuously taken advantage of through the money they spend towards this game. Yet, here we are with another clear cut example of such misleading that brings no true benefit to the experience.

I don't even understand what could've provoked you to have spent that kind of money towards this new feature, as if the singular price tag on each of those legendary allies wasn't already enough indication to be a clear rip-off. But, you went above and beyond.

What was even your goal in that? Because a matter like this is something where everyone should have enough common sense to know better. I hate that the DEVS are constantly doing this to players. But, a great deal of that is falling back on you because you're the one who made that decision.

It truly is a shame you thought you were getting your money's worth. Hopefully, cases like yours are caught onto so the direction of these manipulative schemes can change once and for all.
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It isn't unreasonable to assume that the product you are purchasing is working as advertised.
  3. Solarbound Committed Player

Right... is that what they tell you?
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's not what anyone tells me it's common sense. If I go to the store to buy a $200 television, take it home and discover it doesn't work who's at fault here? Not me, the consumer. It's 100% the company's fault for selling a broken product and they should either refund the money or give me a working television.
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

What I want to know is when we’re going to find out more about all this.
  6. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

for the same cost the OP spent on 1 legendary and leveling it up he could have gotten 2 years worth of membership and still had some money left over. From where I sit even if the allies were working thats way too much.
    • Like x 2
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Which is why they will change it.....likely soon. First it was 'Why use anything but Zoom?'...so zoom got his nerf (which was needed), now I'd guess Cyborg will get one, or others will get a buff....especially the 'paid' ones.

I'm still pretty much opting out. 90% of my toons are using Oracle at level 1. I'm not feeding allies food or catalysts to any until the smoke clears. The few that are getting some attention have Cyborg but only at level 4 max so I could try him for his passive.
    • Like x 2
  8. nawanda Loyal Player

I completely agree with this. While I find the amount of money spent to be ridiculous, the real point is something is for sale in game that doesn’t work correctly. That a player can spend this sort of money on it makes it even worse.

I don’t want to sound like a broken record, but the quality control in this game has been diabolical for years. Nobody expects everything to work on launch 100% of the time, but most things that launch are broken in some way, it has been as such for a very long time time now, and I’ve never seen the situation even acknowledged by the devs. So continuing to feed that back seems pretty legit to me.
    • Like x 2
  9. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

Exactly.

There’s been many things over the years that I didn’t like about DC but nothing irritates me more than putting a product out for sale, it not working, and then not even acknowledging the fact that it doesn’t work.

If they put out more allies and this or any of the other current allies have abilities that flat out don’t work, I’m personally not going to give them another dime. I didn’t spend $300 on Aquaman but I did spend a little real cash to get him and level him enough to test him. I see that there has been no comment about this at all and nothing about it in the latest patch notes.

DC is on the clock to get this fixed or at least address it. And that’s the thing, they’ve not even addressed it.
  10. OnlyNomad The One Above All

The problem is that until they see the revenue stream from those Legendary Allies, they probably won't comment on them. If people are buying them (I suspect this is the case) even though they're ridiculously overpriced and broken, they'll never comment since the monetization is working as intended.

If they notice the revenue being inexistent, they'll fix them (potentially reduce the price too) and comment to alleviate the pressure from the community with something along the lines of "We misjudged the situation but have taken steps to fix it... bla, bla, bla".

If the second scenario does happen, they'll still come out victorious because the mass consumers will view them as some benevolent entity who listened to the complaints and fixed the problems.

Most people who fall victim to these predatory schemes don't even know they're victims or simply won't accept the fact that they are. Eliminating one's rationality with the feeling of need.
    • Like x 1
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Thanks for supporting the new system, I guess...

I wont be buying these, though I do have a breaking point, if they introduced Ted Kord Blue Beetle... I'd buy it... >.> I have a problem.
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

U.S.A.! o_O U.S.A.! :D U.S.A.! :p the country of liberty, were all your dreams come true...
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

i am voting with my wallet and refuse to level allies, that will show them... LOL
  14. Solarbound Committed Player

If it was really such common sense to you, you would realize what you're saying there goes outside of my point. How about we acknowledge the real issue here? There are certain elements upon making a purchase that should be recognized beforehand. For example, overpricing, true value for your dollar, or I don't know, maybe if you're facing a possible scam. Which, is pretty much the kind of trap the OP has fallen into. As well as numerous other players throughout the gaming community. Manipulative schemes like that are entirely on the companies that perform such ill-practice and they should be held accountable by all means.
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Over priced for sure. Scam? Manipulative scheme? That's a stretch. The product was simply rushed to the MP without proper testing.
    • Like x 2
  16. myandria Item Storage

Agreed. All allies/pets/trinkets should be available on the test server. The devs could have let us test those Marketplace allies for a short period of time and removed them from the test server just before releasing them to the Marketplace.

Like Reinheld, I'm holding off on purchasing/feeding any allies until the devs figure out which allies need more/less love.
    • Like x 1
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They were on test for two weeks with clear issues.
  18. Solarbound Committed Player

Now, you're making excuses for them. Nothing about that is a stretch when it's the exact kind of thing that has been happening within the gaming industry for years. Even, within our beloved DCUO. If you choose to be blind to that, that's on you.
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

K.
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m still waiting for a tiny scrap of acknowledgment from the developers. This whole situation is so bizarre.