Adding an option to play old instance without stats clamped would just solve everything

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jason Martin, Sep 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

At this point just make it optional with full rewards either way. Throw clamped a couple extra goodies like Grains of Time or something.
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

People keep bringing up false info when they say “like the last stats clamp that was rolled back”. As far as I remember it never even hit live. And it was far less forgiving than what we have now. Yes some mechanics probably still need to be tuned. At this point I doubt the clamp is going anywhere. And I hope it doesn’t. The clamp will increase the longevity of the game
    • Like x 1
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Lol nope. That’s all I got to say.

And no point is try to go for an intellectual discussion with you so that’s it
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Dare I say it and I'm not by any means naming names, but I think some people are even making up fake experiences.
    • Like x 2
  5. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Lol yes.

Devs have already implied optional is on the table.
    • Like x 1
  6. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

Honestly it's tier's 1-5 are way easier now than when they were new.
    • Like x 4
  7. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

Agreed.
    • Like x 2
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

K
    The lying is fo anyone who said that the clamp puts you at level of the content you are running. That IS a lie. The clamp puts you 10cr above and then allows for your sp/augments/artifacts stats to bleed through. Those are actual facts. We can agree or agree to disagree. That’s fine. But saying that it puts you at level is more arguable since it’s a static in the coding of the game which is objective to options.
    • Like x 4
  9. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Your character, account, character names and everything in your account do not belong to you, it all property of Dimensional Ink and Daybreak Games Studios, you have the RIGHT to use the account, but it not yours. This same right can be revoked anytime if they so decide.
    • Like x 3
  10. Proxystar #Perception

OMG Dry Cleaning, You're so right, stat clamping is evil, quick devs please roll back on stat clamping, our stats have been robbed from us, I feel like beginner, in fact I feel worse than beginner. I ran some instances yesterday and they were all train wrecks, I can't name the instances though I forgot what they were.

Plz fix immediately or I will unsub along with my 20 friends and league mates, we had a round table meeting last night and all agreed on this course of action, please take serious.

waits for my post like, am I doing it right :)

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

You're killing these guys today, what coffee is that you on. haha
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

instant, for instant results. :D
    • Like x 3
  13. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Yeah I don’t remember ever having a clamp go live other then seasonal stuff

This is bar none gone increase the longevity of the old content … but they definitely need more reason to run some of this older content the rewards now are some what meh (I realize they probably have plans on adding stuff to this to make it more desirable)

Something else they should do … some of the war fronts are about dead and there are feats snd such there that will be near impossible to do on your own in some cases (bounties in particular) you can correct me if I’m wrong but these bounties if we are clamped are going to need a group to fight them snd there are feats attached to them (ive not run clamped war fronts yet I’ve only been doing the current war fronts so you can lemme know if these world bosses are solosble now or not) but if they aren’t they should each week give a warfront snd give double
    Or triple source marks, nth metal, and maybe have seal of completions drop or something to get people in there so some
    Can get the feats they need and have a reason to run it

Just a suggestion
    • Like x 1
  15. The Con Dedicated Player

You might want to take it out and catch your breath.
    • Like x 1
  16. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Alright!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Haha, now I need some more instant.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  18. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Yesss.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Lady Mystyk Active Player

Point #1

Back in the day, higher CR players would "walk in" lower CR players to higher content. They would stand off far away from everything so they would not be knocked out. When the instance was finished they received their loot and marks....for doing nothing. Then go and purchase gear and walla...they were now able to play higher content.

Play content is a little misleading. You see, those players did not know how to play their roles or content because they were walked through content and not learning anything.

One shoting content is the modern day walk in. Do not misunderstand, I enjoyed one shoting old content just as much as everyone else. Being able to stomp through content keeps people from learning how to play. Coupled with the fact the Devs placed gear vendors in the precincts, safehouses, Watchtower, and the Hall of Doom sped those same players to the end game content.

Unable to play their roles. Now thinking all they had to do was smash buttons. Which now leads me to...

Point #2

The entire game, save the end game content, before update 41 was EMPTY. Sure you may fly pass one hero in the open world content once in a blue moon. Actually shocked that anyone was in their other than yourself. New players did not have many if anyone to play the content with.

You cannot have a game that is 99% vacant when that same game requires you to play with others. If this game is to continue in the current format (not sure if it can for much longer) you need people to play at all levels and be able to learn the proper way to play their role and the content.

All of you complaining about not being able to stomp content serves no one but yourself. You are thinking of only yourself and not this game, or new and long time players of this game.
    • Like x 4
  20. The Con Dedicated Player

Yeah...

This isn't creepy at all.

:eek:

I would say that you two should just a room.... but, at this point... I kinda assume that you already do. :cool:
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.