Adding an option to play old instance without stats clamped would just solve everything

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jason Martin, Sep 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the solowing Steadfast Player

Are you as famous/rich as the Kardashians?

I mean you got life all figured out, right?
  2. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

Oh my....+1
    • Like x 1
  3. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I disagree here, there is a thing called time and effort people payed with. It's something the devs can't get back. Players spend months, and years playing content to get better gear to get stronger. People put time, money effort getting feats, leveling up artifacts, and any other things we had to level up to get better and stronger.
    • Like x 3
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If you actually read the terms of service you agreed to you would see they it clearly states that they have exactly every right to change things while the game is in progress whether you paid for them or not. When you clicked accept, that meant you agreed to accept the very fact that things could change at any moment.
    • Like x 3
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

But the same goes for everything even real life. You spend spend time and effort doing a project for work/client. Then everything changes and you have to scrap your work and start over. You aren’t entitled to things staying the same. There was an issue with content being trivialized so the devs made a change. All the time and effort you spent didn’t take anything away from you. You still have your gear and stats. You still have you feats and sp. everything you earned is still there for you to utilize. What isn’t the same is early endgame where you will be clamped. The more stats you have in end game the more stats bleed through when clamped. So you will have more stats than someone who doesn’t have your sp and stats.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The worst example you could have picked to bolster support for your not-reasonable request. Do you really believe that it's a good thing to be fully rewarded for putting in little effort? I get the argument of "I've earned it playing/paying to get stronger"...it used to be my argument against stat clamping. While valid, it wasn't and still isn't a very strong argument.

The Devs have already compromised with players by restoring Source Marks to Endgame, which means we are no longer "forced" to run older content under stat clamps unless we choose to. Asking for the option to run that content without stat clamps while still being fully rewarded is a case of getting an inch and demanding a mile.
    • Like x 3
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Personally, I just want headlines for tier 3 pets. :(
  9. Roocck Committed Player

If there wasn’t because I have other games I have bought that are attached to my account I would not cared to giving up the account. It would of definitely be all yours…
    • Like x 1
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That’s not a good comparison. Passive income means you out the work in to have it set up to get it without much monitoring. That’s mot the same as actively going into content while it’s easy and getting rewards. The right comparison would be going in to work while you sit at your desk doing literal nothing and thinking you earned your money.
  11. Roocck Committed Player

Interesting, would it be by any chance that hardly anyone is running end contents like before because source marks were removed? Hmmmm
    • Like x 1
  12. Roocck Committed Player

This is like someone working to get their retirement money to enjoy all the hard work the have achieved and can’t get it because they are no longer working!!!!!
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Ok, fair enough...but things change. You can still reap the rewards from previous efforts, it's just not at the monstrous level it used to be. Our earned stats still matter...but so do the mechanics of the content. Our stats also matter in endgame content (as it has prior to these changes).

People need to give themselves time to adjust to this new reality. It's a big shock to the system. One of the things the Devs hope for with these changes is that players will now begin to focus more on mechanics and what to do in order to beat content as opposed to just brute forcing their way through everything. Once people start accepting these changes and getting better, they can then start introducing more and varied mechanics to the game to make things more interesting, cause tank and spank content will entertain for only so long.
  14. shoegazer Well-Known Player

A lot of hypocrites in here pretending they never went back to get a feat when they were well past content relevancy..

Latching on to the same tired things..this narrative that people that are against the clamp are lazy couldn't be farther from the truth..people at endgame (and finishing content there at level), high SP, high everything..I'd say people putting in the work to get there is the exact opposite.. it's the reason why we're angry..the work being **** on...

I've got 2000+ feats in this game..all PUG'd..but yeah, keep latching on to the same old tired "lazy" rhetoric..throw in some more "one shot" "face rolling" "can't complete content"
    ******** too..

make sure you get all of those false narrative buzz words in..don't forget to make sure you categorize us all as unskilled too

Defend by all means necessary, whether it's true or not
    • Like x 3
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Nothing wrong with wanting that. You can earn it...just not by trivializing content. I understand that you have certain disadvantages that makes things more difficult for you, but I also know you're more capable than you give yourself credit for. You managed to get decently far in the last Survival Mode...I couldn't do it. Unlike with Survival Mode, you'll have plenty of time to get better and better at the content in order to get those headlines you need to get those Lvl3 pets. So stop selling yourself short, and go out and get yours.
    • Like x 2
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I'm sorry, but i'm not really understanding what point you are trying to make here?
    • Like x 1
  17. Plowed In Loyal Player

We’re all lazy from time to time. If you want a feat that badly, make a group and go do it. I bet you’d have more feats done if you would have joined a league and invested a little time developing relationships.

You choose your path.
    • Like x 1
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What does this mean? Your statement lacks a point. How are people getting fully rewarded for little effort in the current episode???

You quoted ME...so what exactly am I projecting that's got you in such a huff? In other words, what did I write there that has so greatly offended you personally (since I never called you out on anything)?

What??? Where exactly was anything handed out to me? Everything I earned was from running content, earning in-game cash so I could buy from other players through the broker, or rolling the dice on Time Capsules and Booster Bundles. So when exactly was anything handed out to me...or to anyone else for that matter?

The OP is asking for the Devs to allow us to steamroll content like we used to, but even he wasn't asking for a straight up handout.

If that's what it "sounds like" to you, maybe you need to check your "hearing", because at no time was anyone here asking for any handouts, and no one has been given any (unless you can show proof of any).
    • Like x 1
  19. BumblingB I got better.

Personally, I think the only thing hurt by the clamp, was elite content. There is no out gearing to gain rewards later. If you were not able to do it before it fell out of the top 3 new DLCs, you were SOL from now on.
    • Like x 4
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Ok....where are you going with this?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.