Adding an option to play old instance without stats clamped would just solve everything

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jason Martin, Sep 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Con Dedicated Player

Far be it from me to point out that if they are rewarded for finishing content... then they aren't really "free"...
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Did you really "finish" the content, if you relied upon it to be so easy it posed absolutely no requirement for you to engage your brain past licking your analogue stick?
    • Like x 2
  3. The Con Dedicated Player

Heck...

I'm curious to see if you'll ever come up with an actual point....

Waiting for your next gif... I mean counter. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  4. The Con Dedicated Player

I'm no sure how you play the game... but... hey, to each their own.:eek:

Whatever floats your boat.

PS.
    Yes. When you get the the end... and it says how well you did... You finished the content.
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You may not understand or like it but it’s true. If the game shut down tomorrow do you think you have any rights to get paid anything back? I’ll answer the question for you. No. You have the right to spend money how ever you want. No one is saying you don’t so I have not idea why you had the need to say that. But even if you spend a million and the game shut down. You wouldn’t be owed a penny back. Even if you don’t like it to bad.

As for you not asking for it to be made easy for you. You literally said they should make it optional so you can get marks and feats easier. So yes you did ask for that. Which again, they don’t have to do it.
    • Like x 2
  6. The Con Dedicated Player

*sigh*
    Asking for my account still has nothing... NOOOO-TTTHING.... NADA... ZIP... ZILCH... to do with you thinking that Dimensional Ink was losing money by having newbs not buying stuff because they were riding my progress.

And yes that apple still has nothing to do with the orange that is me progressing my character to be able to beat opponents more easily for marks.

[IMG]
  7. The Con Dedicated Player

That's also not a very good argument.

There is a natural implication that the game will eventually shut down.

It's understood.

What's not: Changing the things that you already paid for while the game is still in progress.

I'd also point out that there is a difference between "legal" and "right".... Somethings can be one and still not be the other.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
  9. The Con Dedicated Player

:oops: - "WAAAH!! ME THINK YOU TOO STRONG TO GET SOURCE MARKS!!"

[IMG]
  10. FiredUp FarCar New Player

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?
    • Like x 1
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

What have they changed that you paid for? Only thing changed if membership and you have the ability to cancel membership. But let’s use membership as a view point. Your membership used to give you access to the content. You still have access to the content. The difficulty didn’t change. You stats were reduced to above what said content used to have. You also also didn’t pay for your gear either. You might have paid to reset content to get marks which ended up in you getting gear but you didn’t pay for the gear. The content itself being clamped now did change itself. But you signed the TOS to play which says they can change things as they see fit.

As for legal vs right thing to do. Right thing for who? What makes what you want more important than what others want? You said that you should be allowed to get feats and marks easily since you “earned the right through progression”. Why should you be allowed to do that?
    • Like x 2
  12. The Con Dedicated Player

Isn't that question answered in its preceding sentence?

We work to get stronger.... stronger means things get easier.... It's not really that difficult of a concept.

Edit:
    Feats inherently become easier.
    And marks should/could remain the same.
    • Like x 1
  13. FiredUp FarCar New Player

I read most of this thread, not sure if it was answered though? to much tears of laughter,
    We can skip all the hard content just by eating apples or oranges right?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Things also get easier through practice and repetition, you don't just need to over power something to the point where it becomes mindless.

It seems to me your only answer to getting feats in clamped content is to have it removed because you lack both the skill and necessary patience to undertake the challenge, or for that matter even beat the clamped content in its current state, despite its relative ease; that might hurt, but its the truth nonetheless it would seem.
    • Like x 1
  15. The Con Dedicated Player

I'm not surprised that "what seems to you" would be completely wrong.... and based solely on your own misunderstandings of what's actually being said.

Which is also true... but, even more truer in games where you don't progress to become stronger by progression. :confused:
  16. FiredUp FarCar New Player

Do your parents know you're on the internet?
    • Like x 2
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Why exactly then do you need to be so overpowered for the instance then, if not for it to be a crutch?

If you were truly good enough to get the feats this would be a non issue for you.
    • Like x 2
  18. FiredUp FarCar New Player

Probably for the same reason people buy extra large condoms
  19. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I feel the same way but I also don’t think stat points should be tired to feat completion
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

Youve got your mind made up and no amount of convincing is going to change that. No amount of explaining that in a video game with other people you play alongside, you CANT be able to steamroll bosses. For the sake of those you play with, they also need to have a enjoyable experience.

You want to feel powerful? Go fight the level 5's in Chinatown, show them how powerful youve become. Show them how hard you worked to be where you are and be rewarded watching them die in 1 swing

But thats not what you want is it...?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.