After Spending Almost $300USD To Level Aquaman This Is What I Found

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Realist617, Sep 5, 2021.

1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yes, they should absolutely work. Is $25 overpriced? No not really because it's just priced. $25 may be cheap to some same as its overpriced to you. But I've always said that yeah they need to function.

Calling these p2w is just such an exaggeration. P2have a buff cola maybe? If anyone is winning anything with them, I'm not sure how they've lasted in this game. I get that people want but not a single player actually needs.
    • Like x 1
  2. Random Mind Dedicated Player

In my view, I see The Multiverse as taking a bullet for those of us considering buying Allies. The difference between him and us is that his videos give him a bullet-proof vest so there is little-to-no risk. If him or Obsidian Chill did not exist, people like me would have made many more stupid mistakes than we needed to. It was Multiverse's and Obsidian Chill's videos that gave me the information to make an informed decision on whether the Allies were worth the purchase, because DCUO definitely does not give their players all the data. We are lucky there are DCUO YouTubers out there willing to spend their time and money to give us the information that DCUO doesn't.

If Multiverse had said, "I'm not purchasing an Ally or making a video on Allies because of how badly they are priced", would that have been a more powerful message than buying the Allies and telling other people not to, probably. Whether he bought the Allies or not, I still think he got his point across in his video, that he did not recommend people purchase the Legendary Allies.

In the end, I for one am thankful The Multiverse purchased the Allies and made his video, because it stopped me from making a stupid mistake and wasting some serious greenbacks.
    • Like x 3
  3. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

Why is Aquaman 300 dollars on Xbox? 25 dollars on PS4.
  4. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Ego boostings my guy!
    • Like x 1
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

He's not $300. Hes $25. The food and all the catalysts that you can get in game can be bought if you want him fully leveled in day 1.
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

25 PER CHARACTER :(
  7. C3alix Committed Player

How are you guys getting $200-300? I've spent $70 so far and my Diana is at level 6.
    • Like x 1
  8. BƖack Dedicated Player

Thanks for supporting the GAME! :cool:

But honestly, no one forced you to spend that much money... you made that decision yourself.
    • Like x 1
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Because they're buying a legendary and doing 0 grind, just buying. The game offers a shortcut. That they're choosing to use. Then get angry they have no impulse control I guess?
    • Like x 3
  10. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

I understand OP added how much they spent for emphasis, but it's crazy that people are castigating OP for spending their money how they wanted to spend it vs. the developers for putting something out that does not work.

Who cares how much money they chose to spend. It's a product that was made available and it doesn't work.

If you go to the movies and buy tickets, snacks, drinks...sit down to watch the movie and the bulb blows in the projector do you just get up and go home and concede to the fact that "no one forced you to spend that money" ?

Of course not.

Stop being obtuse and ignoring the fact that the OP spent their money (the amount is irrelevant) expecting a good/service in return and the sh*t doesn't work.
    • Like x 4
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yes... yes I did.

I had to be able to show the pack to my viewers and let them know what they do get if they do buy the pack. To make sure that people make an educated decision if they decide to buy them.... or not.

But don't worry.... my Youtube video will pay me back.
    Heck I have made a few Allies videos already....so technically Youtube already paid me back... and MORE. ;)
    • Like x 1
  12. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I believe the cost in going from epic max to legendary max is 300% in both xp and catalyst from OChills videos. Not sure where that adds to your $70, but over $250 if you just spend to max on day 1 to get to max I think.
    • Like x 1
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  14. Realist617 Active Player

15. Jafin 10000 Post Club

You'll have to use an image hosting service if you want to embed the pictures properly. Imgbb.com is one I'd recommend. The ones you posted require a Dropbox login to be viewed.

On the matter of your lawyer - what do you expect a lawyer to do? You were not forced into buying the Allies or the Ally Favor/Alliances to level them up. Don't get me wrong - I 100% do not agree with how Legendary Allies were handled. In my opinion they cost way too much, and the amount of Ally Favor needed to level them up is beyond ridiculous, but I chose to exercise my right to not buy them. I know the Allies are currently broken on Test, but I have no idea if those bugs have been fixed on Live or not since Test was last updated before the Allies hit Live, meaning they don't have the latest patched Allies on Test.

Edit: I went back and re-read your first post and saw the damage didn't change when you ranked him up, so disregard the last bit about the bugs.
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I had a login, it still didn’t work. :D
  17. Realist617 Active Player

they are 100% false advertisement. always remember a man sued Red Bull because he drank a few cans and it didnt give him wings and he was awarded 7 million dollars by a judge.
    • Like x 3
  18. Realist617 Active Player

the short version is i asked for a refund of marketplace cash, not real money, so the funds would still be spent on DC and they refused to help me. DCUO has the worst customer service in gaming history. they literally care absolutely nothing about putting out a quality game and the only care about revenue. there is not is single person at daybreak that has played this game for more than what is required for testing and live streams. and im willing to bet they contract testers so daybreak employees dont even play for testing.
  19. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I’m hoping for a “week 2” from panderus regarding this topic as well as some of the others going on, now that the holiday weekend is over and ideally everyone’s back to work. At least some light shed on the topics of pricing and the allies not properly working
    • Like x 4
  20. Lady Mystyk Active Player

If I am going to spend $25 on an ally then they bad boy but have the ability to actually make a difference for me in game.

If it does not then it is overpriced.

Now the issue I have is that they put stuff in game to level up and then they make it so that it takes forever to level it up. Knowing that they then place items in the market place to purchase to speed it along. They do not force anyone to buy from them but the Devs know that people will buy to speed things along.

Not guaranteeing a break through for artifacts is just dirty. I have seen it fail on 95% and pass on 20%. Some perspective, at 95% that means only 5 numbers out of 100 you would need to roll to fail. The odds are in your favor to break through, Just last week I used 5 seals of preservation on an 80% chance for break through.

That is just plain wrong. I do not tell me it is random. That is an entirely another topic.