After Spending Almost $300USD To Level Aquaman This Is What I Found

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Realist617, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

All I am going to say is, its your money, spend it how you want to...I can't say I have not wasted money before, but $300 in one fail swoop on a video game is a little steep for my tastes.

Personally I don't think they are worth the money. I will just take the ones I can buy with Source Marks, and level them up as I get drops.
    • Like x 1
  2. nawanda Loyal Player

I posted my genuine first experience of the new DLC at the time. It was an honest account of what happened at the time and how I felt about it. You had a go at nit-picking my post then, not very successfully.

A week later, I’ve since formed a couple of pre-made groups and had a better experience than that I had following my journal on day one, and am honest enough to give positive feedback when I have a positive experience.

And now you’re back again, looking for contradictions and motivations that simply aren’t there.

I don’t care if you consider that I have contradicted myself or if you think I was only ever interested in source marks. My feelings and explanations of what happened to me on day one were crystal clear. I don’t need you to interpret my posts, seek out and reveal supposed hidden agendas, and expose me to the rest of the forum, like the unmasking of a villain at the end of an episode of Scooby Doo. You aren’t adding any insight or anything positive.

It is true that I didn’t like that source marks were taken out of newer content, the devs made a mistake and they corrected it. This does not mean my account of what happened to me on day one of the DLC l, and how I felt about it, and why I felt that way, was dishonest.

I wonder exactly who you think you are to post how you do on here. How dare you have the audacity to imply I am not honest or genuine? What you do on these forums - the constant disagreeing with everyone, attempting to find people to debate semantics with for hours on end, the student politics level debates you like to get into with others, the ‘yah-boo’ type of response to my post, the constant sly digs, the childish sarcasm, are something I would invite you to reflect on. In short - get a life.
    • Like x 2
  3. Proxystar #Perception

This is a public forum where people are allowed to express opinion, going down the emotional track of "who do you think you are" will never wash with me. I agree with as many people as I disagree with and neither party on the public forum is ever alone in their views. A public forum is not an echo chamber nor should a person not participate because you think a public forum is seemingly not for open discussion, that's exactly what they're for.

I was calling you out somewhat, because there's a level of irony in the fact you had such a "heated opinion at the outset" but now seem to have flip-flopped after clearly having given it more time, which is what a lot of us were saying all along.

Given what you just said about "finding not only stat clamped content, but now stat clamped ELITE content enjoyable", It is not audacious to point out that perhaps your initial view to stat clamping in general was an over-reaction given you were all up in arms about being killed and having trouble in what was a regular piece of content. :)

On any level of reasonableness that's at least somewhat amusing, whether you like it or not.
    • Like x 3
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

its the coolest of all allies, isn´t it?
    wich also is sad, because it is DC:
    there could be many just as cool...
  5. nawanda Loyal Player

Just because this is an open forum, you don’t have the right to make baseless allegations about the motivations of people with whom you disagree, as part of some point scoring campaign you have with other posters.

Don’t pretend you weren’t accusing me of posting as I did on day one because of source marks and therefore being less than honest. That wasn’t reasonable. Don’t talk to me about what is and isn’t reasonable or a fair use of a forum. You had no right to lump me together with other people (my mind is my own) or to imply I posted about a pretty dire gaming experience I had in this game - but that I was really posting about source marks. That is not a reasonable thing to have done.

You’re backtracking on the snide nature of your post because you’ve been called out on it.

I think the best thing for me is to add you to my ignore list, I find your cynicism, and abject lack of contrition annoying. I’m sure you have your audience, though, so good luck to you.
    • Like x 1
  6. stärnbock Devoted Player

right, that´s exactly why i hate videos of ppl opening 100 TC´s...
    stuff like that gives me the shivers, it sends the wrong message.
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Not at all, I'm not backing down at all, you're welcome to disagree with my view, but I still think it was always about the source marks for all the anti-clampers, that's a view I hold, you're entitled to disagree.

If anything you've suggested of course, somehow that my behavior on the forums is something it isn't, simply because you disagree with the things I say, because you subjectively dislike them. I've breached no forum guidelines simply because I choose to debate with people, express disagreements when they arise and debate a point, that again is what a forum is for. To reiterate as well, at no point have I actually been rude to you, despite any assertion you might make to the contrary and despite the fact your response to me at the top of this page is actually a personal insult towards me.

If you think one of my posts has breached forum guidelines then by all means report it, that's what we're all able to do if we think an actual guideline has been breached, but remember I was responding to something you said, if you didn't want someone to respond to it then perhaps you shouldn't have said it, and even moreso on a public forum where a response was inevitable and should have been entirely expected. It is not my fault that you were clearly unwilling to have what was a level of irony in what you said reasonably pointed out to you.

In terms of the source mark part, that's simply my view and is probably also why the moment that was changed almost all reasonable if not borderline all complaints about stat clamping have largely disappeared outside of the unreasonable complainers, which really says to me I'm not far wrong, it was always, about the source marks.

You are naturally of course, more than entitled to stick me on ignore ;)
    • Like x 3
  8. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

Back to aquaman.

Develoers please fix the pet buff passive. It doesn't work on any pets. Thank you.
    • Like x 2
  9. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yes, take mah maneee plleezzzeee. I will buy once he works. Already have a stack of legendary food amd they're cheap on the broker so only goin to cost me like $50 total. Oh the humanity
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Now, I know you actually are on EU, so if you ever feel like carrying me through old elites, give me a call. ;)
    • Like x 2
  12. Lady Mystyk Active Player

If the passive skill does not increase with levelling then why level the ally up then?
    • Like x 1
  13. Lady Mystyk Active Player

They do have the right to make money, however people have a problem with how they go about it.

Like putting overpriced legendary allies in the market place that are broken or what they give you for your money is insignificant.

They should at least make sure that what they are selling is worthwhile. Most of the time it is not.
    • Like x 2
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Proxy, I like you but he has a point. He never objected to the clamp on principle. He was annoyed because his experience showed up a complete lack of foresight and and a borderline contempt for the entire concept of QA. The game directed him to blind queue something he was no longer able to solo, and in the process also discovered that the instance randomly selected for him wasn’t even functioning as it should be.

He had every right to be angry about that. I would have been angry too if I hadn’t been savvy/cynical enough to surmise how it would have turned out and just hid the missions. You might argue that maybe if I had realised this, he should have too. I’d argue back that he shouldn’t have had to. He has every right to expect that a product he’s paid for is delivered to him in working order.
    • Like x 3
  15. Proxystar #Perception

I disagree 9001BPM for a number of reasons and although threads can naturally deviate a little from their topic through things people say and discuss, continuing with this discussion, at this point, will probably just serve as a distraction within a thread that is primarily about the allies.

If you're interested in my reasoning though flick me a PM :)
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Honestly, right now I’m more concerned about the allies. $90 just to get Aquaman for all my characters sucks. I’m not talking about buying legendary alliances, or levelling it up day one. I enjoy building things up slowly. I don’t even hoard exobytes for when the augment cap is raised. I just want one thing in this update to not suck for me. :(
    • Like x 1
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

Neither is the Allies xD
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Where can I get Emperor Aquaman for less than that?
  19. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Literally the dumbest system that could have been created as an ability
    • Like x 1
  20. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

You can't make P2W anymore disgusting!
    DCUO: hold my beer

you pay and DON'T win.
    • Like x 1